The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Could be a great place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Lancaster, PaMay 6, 2013
Pros: benefits are good, good pay
Cons: always at work, poor management
If your in need of money, then this is the place for you. If you want to see your family, or have any life outside of the job, then you had better not even think of applying here. They will lie to you about how much weekend and Holiday work there is. You will be lucky to have off 2 weekends a month, count on 1 weekend off per month, as long as no one – more... goes on vacation. If you want a Holiday off, you better schedule a vacation day. The people you will be working with are a great group of guys, and will soon become your family! – less
productive work place about business
Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis TNApril 28, 2013
Pros: the simple fact of being employed
Cons: no time off, work you like a slave
A typical day at Hershey is fast pace non-stop.It is a unfriendly environment and very stressful. The majority of the co-workers are old and about to retire. There is a lot of fighting and bickering all of the time with co-workers. The management is no better. There is a lot of favoritism ,and crooked things that go on with management. I would not recommend – more... that anybody work there. The best part about the job is staying focused on your task and overcoming all the mess that goes on around you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the mess around you. – less
Retired
Mechanic (Former Employee), 19E. Chocolate Ave.March 30, 2013
Pros: history
Cons: poor management and supervision
Retired / Severence
Maintained equipment in Chocolate Processing departments.
Learned everything about the chocolate process.
Management is now poor due to their inability to know the process of chocolate making. Treatment of employees was wonderful at one time, sadly not anymore.
Co-workers are almost all like family.
Hardest part of the job was hot – more... and heavy work.
I enjoyed fixing things and understanding chocolate processing. – less
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), FLMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: room for advancement is non existent from pt
I highly recommend working for The Hershey Company. Probably some of the nicest people I've worked with/for. My only complaint is that there is no path to full time if you start out part time. Other than that the pay is food, the benefits are great and the people are supportive.
Chain Retail Sales Representative
Chain Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: company car and lap top
Cons: the only con i have is when i was laid off.
I enjoyed working the Hershey Company,it was a great company to work for.My team all were great people to work with as well as my DM.To me there was no hard part of the job,I have been doing chain retail sales representative for 25 plus years, and I enjoy meeting new people and helping them grow there business as well the company.I learned alot from – more... others and always keeped an open mind to my co-workers as well as the management team.You can never stop learning something new or show others as well. – less
Good place to build a career
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 20, 2013
My experience was very positive. I had the chance to build a sales career and then transition into an HR career. Advancement and mobility are important to The Hershey Company.
Complete disappointment with their definition of professionalism
HR (Former Employee), HersheyFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: candy everywhere
Cons: candy everywhere, no direct line of work load, worst office politics ever experienced.
I was a contractor for a few months in HR. I was praised on a phone in meetup call with 30 people on Tues and told not to return on Thurs. I was let go without much of a reason and certainly never had any discussion about things to work on, but I was told from the agency by them I seemed "frustrated" wow. Part of my job was selling Hershey to candidates, – more... ironic isn't it? 90% of the time was never spoken to by my on site manager, Only saw the one who approved my timesheet 5 times ever. Finished my work then at the end of the day was given the work of the others who were perm that they sat on all day. nice! good luck if you choose to work here. – less
I loved working here with amazing co-workers and great job opportunities
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 4, 2013
The Hershey Company has the kindest co-workers. Every day when I arrived at work I received good mornings and there was always fresh coffee and chocolate baskets everywhere.
I was an Intern for the summer so I did alot of office work like filing, copying, data entry, and answering phone calls. However, I also got to help plan Relay for Life and that – more... was an amazing experience.
The hardest part was organizing their entire filing system. And the most enjoyable part was working with a great boss and amazing co-workers. – less
Production line
Machine Operator / Syrup Line (Former Employee), Hershey,PaJanuary 25, 2013
maintain production line to attain the production goals for the day
Great Company to Work for.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Great company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Work life balance is also great. Only negative would be difficulty in advancement from entry level sales.
Work independently. Customer contact.
Retail Sales Rep./Merchandiser (Former Employee), Marin & Sonoma CountiesJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: gas mileage reimbursement. discount on candy.
A great place to work. Great customers and product I believe in.
Communication skills highly important.
Boiler House Attendant/Janitor (Former Employee), Hershey, PADecember 30, 2012
Pros: working within the community and meeting many people.
Cons: the diversity of so many people can make it difficult to fulfill everyone's needs.
A typical day (for now) revolves around graduation. One full class and 3 weeks remain until graduation. All preperations are being made for a successful transition back to working.

I have been spending time interviewing and volunteering in several aspects of the criminal justice field.

I am excited to learn the various responsibilities available and – more... meet new people.

My communication skills have developed greatly (verbal and written).

I enjoy being in the community and helping others.

Learning valuable important characteristics of the many personalities I meet throughout my day is the most fascinating part of my job. I take notes and reflect back.

The hardest part of the day is knowing how to end. My desire for success is a stronghold. Personally, I believe that drives me to greater goals. Although, I recognize it can exhaust me without knowledge. – less
It is Good and Best company to work
SAP Basis/Dual Maintenance Consultant (Current Employee), Hershey, PADecember 17, 2012
It is Good and Best company to work, it is good environment.
Co - workers are nice, management is very good.
i learnt so much.
Great Company Treats Employees will
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Canton OhioSeptember 12, 2012
The team I worked with was the best. There is a lot of flexibility and great benefits for a part time position.
Excellent Company
Human Resources Admin (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2012
Pros: excellent salary and benefits, free lunches, give aways, helping the community
Cons: favoritism
The Hershey Company as a whole is a great company and the people that work there are as well, yet some management has the mindset, that we don't have to follow the values, but want those who they lead to do so. In order to management, you have to lead by example. They have excellent benefits and salaries as well as perks.
Incredible learning experience
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 6, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: isolated contact from co-workers
A typical day is 7-4 in the field making sales calls and gaining new business. Then the day ends in my home office preparing for the next day, answering emails, printing, and reviewing analytics.

I have learned how to manage my time effectively and have a good idea what it is like to run a small business. I have incredible well educated co-workers – more... and the company promotes a great work life balance.

The hardest part of the job is hearing "NO", especially when you are selling responsibly and are trying to help a clients business. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a breakthrough with a client or account. It could be a new relationship, a big sale, or a new understanding of their business. – less
No family time!
production (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: spend your life at work, bad health insurance
Plan on living there. Work week consists of 7 days a week and 16 hour days. Good pay, no life. Health benefits suck! My job was cut due to corporate greed! Good luck!
Great opportunity for advancement. Lacks work/life balance for me.
Sr. Associate Brand Manager (Current Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 21, 2012
Would like an opportunity where there is more of a balance between home life and work.
Unethical management , unrealistic expectations
employee (Current Employee), lancasterJune 28, 2012
Pros: it pays the bills, unlimited overtime (forced)
Cons: poor management
The company has absolutely no consideration for the "average" employee. The total focus is on making money for the Upper Managements profit shares. There is absolutely no work life balance and the employees are expected to make sacrifices ( i.e. forced overtime) for poor management decisions. The company is basically run under a "sweat shop" mentality – more... by upper management. – less
Wish I was there
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 9, 2012
Pros: training is a+++ guidance a++++
Cons: not many....
I screwed this job up for myself.

If you can get in, stay in. GREAT COMPANY GREAT VALUES>>>>

About The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to – Read more

The Hershey Company Photos