The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mars is outstanding
Sales/Merchandiser (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: given 3.50 for lunches
Cons: there were no cons
I was trained by the best person ever who has since retired. There co-workers were the best ever and are still my friends to-date
There was no hard work ever.
Management when I was there was the best ever. The whole team was great.
Fun Experience
Ride Attendant (Current Employee), Hershey, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: 10 free tickets during the summer season, two free tickets during both halloween and christmas season, discounts throughout chocolate world, camp resorts, hotel hershey, giant center, hershey stadium, hershey lodge, and the park.
Cons: if you are 18+ years old, you get a shortened to no break at all if the time of your shift is short due to hours, and a few ignorant co-workers.
A typical day at work while working is easy going when you are taught the directions of the ride. I've learned that working with large machinery that, it's actually fun to work with huge rides and roller coasters. The management is well done and doesn't Favorited others beside the ride leads with other ride operators. The hardest part of the day is being capable of dealing with very angry guests that came happy to the park then another co-worker made their day worse. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being outside in fresh air and capable to talk to others.
Very fast pace place
packer (Former Employee), Robinson, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks
I walked in the and ready to work.I learned that it takes alot of people to keep the factory up and running .
The managment was very easy to talk with.
The co-workers usually was very friendly and easy to get along with.
Sometimes the hardest part of the job was the different hours work. The different people worked with, helped me with things that needed done.
Great Company but Lots of Manual Labor involved with this position
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: reimbursement of gas, great company reputation, bonuses
Cons: heavy lifting, long hours, solely field work
Most of the day is spent in the field with Customers. Average of 500+ milese driven per week. Talking with Key Decision Makers in stores, discussing up-coming orders to stores and often times doing heavy lifting to get candy out of store back rooms and on to the floors.
Great Company
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Medford, ORJanuary 5, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great Compensation and Benefits with good advancement opportunities.
Very far commute
Order Picker (Former Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free candy
Cons: no medical insurance
A typical day would include picking orders and riding a forklift, it consisted of picking ordersexample case picking and working on the assembley line . The co workers and staff are usually eorking so you do not get lot of down very high pace and the pay was not that good . Overall I did learn alot about case picking . And they allow you free Hershey candy .
Great starting job, significant opportunities for promotion if you like sales
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 30, 2014
Pros: management, promotional opportunities, freedom to create your schedule, great company culture
Cons: on the road all day every day, always working alone, promotional opportunities are only in sales
The Hershey Company is a great organization, with senior leaders that truly care about employees. No matter what position, everyone in the company is friendly and approachable. They also provide significant opportunity for promotion into sales jobs.

The best part of the job: you're on the road all day every day, not stuck in a cubicle staring at the wall.

The worst part of the job: you're on the road all day every day, so there is very little contact with team members. Your coworkers/friends are the people that work in the stores your visit. Even Walmart.
Wonderful work environment, gained lots of experience and skills.
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Hershey, PADecember 2, 2014
Cons: no paid holidays, vacation or benefits
Very good company to work for surrounded by wonderful coworkers.
Good if you want to make good short-term money
Moulding Operator (Former Employee), Hazleton, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: money, plenty of overtime
Cons: as mentioned above
12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 21 days straight. Then you get one day off, and you're right back to it. If you're ok with this, then it's the job for you. If you have children, or doctors appointments, it doesn't matter. You're getting points. No work-life balance whatsoever. Salaried employees almost never work overtime or weekends. Weekends are run by the leads, which are hourly.

If you're a disabled veteran, (like myself), or disabled at all... paperwork will be made up so that you can be terminated before your first year is up, usually 3 days before (like what happened to me) to prevent you from being able to get FMLA. This ensures they can work you as much as possible, with as little loss on their end.

I have never, ever written a bad review about any company I've worked for, and I've worked for some doozies. I chose to work for this company because they were "veteran friendly", and promote supporting the troops. Being a combat veteran, I was all in. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

Having told them about my disabilities before I accepted employment, I was given verbal agreement that they'd work around me so I can go to the doctors appointments I needed to. My mistake. ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING. I skipped out on important physical therapy, mental health, and even xrays at the fear of losing my job because of racking up too many points. As soon as I was eligible for FMLA so that I CAN get myself fixed, I was terminated.

Aside from the overtime, this is a horrible place to work. Upper management only cares about getting their bonuses. They point their fingers at the hourly employees for what goes wrong within the plant. Where I come from, if things are going wrong, it's a direct reflection of the MANAGEMENT. Not the case here. There is zero accountability.

Approach with caution. The money is great, but only do it temporarily.
Great people
Manager (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 16, 2014
Great people and history. Strong desire to outperform the industry. Limited work-life balance and career opportunities.
Hershey
Manager (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 14, 2014
Hershey is a great company to work for. They have done a nice job retaining employees and promoting from within. The sales organization is full of individuals who care about the company and our customers. It is great to work with so many passionate individuals.
Great Culture
District Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 13, 2014
Great place to work! Management is great and comprehensive. The company likes promoting from within
Amazing place for career
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Palm SpringsNovember 12, 2014
Pros: company car, paid mileage
Cons: advancement usually means relocation
The Hershey Company really is an amazing place to start a career. It is really focused on advancing it's employees.
Great Brand Recognition
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
autonomous role, upward mobility only if willing to move every couple of years. good benefits
NA
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San AntonioNovember 5, 2014
It was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. A lot of opportunity for advancement.
There was potential
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: challenging work, good pay (through staffing agency), good work hours, candy!
Cons: management personalities
I enjoyed the work entrusted me while employed with Hershey. It was challenging and necessary. Employee personalities did not always vibe, but for the most part the work environment was a comfortable one.
This is a great place to work.
Opening Clerk (Current Employee), Hershey, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: we get free tickets to give to friends and family.
Cons: we are open in all kinds of weather.
This is a great job for those who want part-time work in the summer. Supervisors work with me and allow me time to make doctor appointments and days off. I am not required to work Sundays since I do work on Saturdays. They schedule me for daytime since I take buses to work.

I greet customers and help them locate items for which they are looking. I put out stock, I keep the store clean.
fun place, great team
SALES PERSON (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
PRODUCTIVE AND IT'S TOO GOOD WORKING HERE
ANYTHING (Former Employee), PENNOctober 14, 2014
LIKE EVERYDAY WON'Y BE TYPICAL IF YOUR TOTALLY INVOLVED OR LOVE WHAT YOUR DOING.BUT STILL IF WE ARE DOING SOMETHING SHOULD BE DEDICATED.I LEARNT MANY THINGS TIME MANAGEMENT,HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE AND HOW THE WORLD IS AROUND US.NO MATTER HOW ARE CO-WORKERS ARE WE SHOULD MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE AND UNDERSTAND THEM THAN FOR SURE WE WILL LOVE IT.HARDEST PART IS COMPLETING THINGS ON TIME AND MOST ENJOYABLE IS CHOCOLATE AND MEETING MANY PROPLE.
Good company with nice extras - but little pay and advancement
Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee), Hershey PAOctober 9, 2014
HE&R is working to improve the "human element" but compensation and advancement opportunities are a little lacking. Classes and continued education with an emphasis on the company culture and history are mandatory. There are a lot of people who work there for 25 plus years. This speaks to the positive environment. However, it also means there are few openings.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to – Read more

The Hershey Company Photos