The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mars is outstanding
Sales/Merchandiser (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: given 3.50 for lunches
Cons: there were no cons
I was trained by the best person ever who has since retired. There co-workers were the best ever and are still my friends to-date
There was no hard work ever.
Management when I was there was the best ever. The whole team was great.
Good if you want to make good short-term money
Moulding Operator (Former Employee), Hazleton, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: money, plenty of overtime
Cons: as mentioned above
12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 21 days straight. Then you get one day off, and you're right back to it. If you're ok with this, then it's the job for you. If you have children, or doctors appointments, it doesn't matter. You're getting points. No work-life balance whatsoever. Salaried employees almost never work overtime or weekends. Weekends are – more... run by the leads, which are hourly.

If you're a disabled veteran, (like myself), or disabled at all... paperwork will be made up so that you can be terminated before your first year is up, usually 3 days before (like what happened to me) to prevent you from being able to get FMLA. This ensures they can work you as much as possible, with as little loss on their end.

I have never, ever written a bad review about any company I've worked for, and I've worked for some doozies. I chose to work for this company because they were "veteran friendly", and promote supporting the troops. Being a combat veteran, I was all in. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

Having told them about my disabilities before I accepted employment, I was given verbal agreement that they'd work around me so I can go to the doctors appointments I needed to. My mistake. ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING. I skipped out on important physical therapy, mental health, and even xrays at the fear of losing my job because of racking up too many points. As soon as I was eligible for FMLA so that I CAN get myself fixed, I was terminated.

Aside from the overtime, this is a horrible place to work. Upper management only cares about getting their bonuses. They point their fingers at the hourly employees for what goes wrong within the plant. Where I come from, if things are going wrong, it's a direct reflection of the MANAGEMENT. Not the case here. There is zero accountability.

Approach with caution. The money is great, but only do it temporarily. – less
Great people
Manager (Current Employee), Hershey, PANovember 16, 2014
Great people and history. Strong desire to outperform the industry. Limited work-life balance and career opportunities.
Great Culture
District Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 13, 2014
Great place to work! Management is great and comprehensive. The company likes promoting from within
Amazing place for career
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Palm SpringsNovember 12, 2014
Pros: company car, paid mileage
Cons: advancement usually means relocation
The Hershey Company really is an amazing place to start a career. It is really focused on advancing it's employees.
Great Brand Recognition
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
autonomous role, upward mobility only if willing to move every couple of years. good benefits
NA
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San AntonioNovember 5, 2014
It was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. A lot of opportunity for advancement.
There was potential
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: challenging work, good pay (through staffing agency), good work hours, candy!
Cons: management personalities
I enjoyed the work entrusted me while employed with Hershey. It was challenging and necessary. Employee personalities did not always vibe, but for the most part the work environment was a comfortable one.
This is a great place to work.
Opening Clerk (Current Employee), Hershey, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: we get free tickets to give to friends and family.
Cons: we are open in all kinds of weather.
This is a great job for those who want part-time work in the summer. Supervisors work with me and allow me time to make doctor appointments and days off. I am not required to work Sundays since I do work on Saturdays. They schedule me for daytime since I take buses to work.

I greet customers and help them locate items for which they are looking. I – more... put out stock, I keep the store clean. – less
fun place, great team
SALES PERSON (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
a great place to work if you love chocolate :D...
PRODUCTIVE AND IT'S TOO GOOD WORKING HERE
ANYTHING (Former Employee), PENNOctober 14, 2014
LIKE EVERYDAY WON'Y BE TYPICAL IF YOUR TOTALLY INVOLVED OR LOVE WHAT YOUR DOING.BUT STILL IF WE ARE DOING SOMETHING SHOULD BE DEDICATED.I LEARNT MANY THINGS TIME MANAGEMENT,HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE AND HOW THE WORLD IS AROUND US.NO MATTER HOW ARE CO-WORKERS ARE WE SHOULD MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE AND UNDERSTAND THEM THAN FOR SURE – more... WE WILL LOVE IT.HARDEST PART IS COMPLETING THINGS ON TIME AND MOST ENJOYABLE IS CHOCOLATE AND MEETING MANY PROPLE. – less
Good company with nice extras - but little pay and advancement
Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee), Hershey PAOctober 9, 2014
HE&R is working to improve the "human element" but compensation and advancement opportunities are a little lacking. Classes and continued education with an emphasis on the company culture and history are mandatory. There are a lot of people who work there for 25 plus years. This speaks to the positive environment. However, it also means there are few – more... openings. – less
fun job
Complex Security Officer / Evening Guard (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 30, 2014
Typical security job. working multiple venues and many hours. Bag checks, checkpoints and helping patrons in the park and stadiums
The Hershey Company
Business Application Developer (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 26, 2014
The internship program was still working out the kinks so I didn't get as much exposure to the entire business as I wanted. Otherwise good experience.
A day at work
Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 30 mins break are not taken out of check
Cons: the machine
A day a work is different everyday you never know what will go on, I say that because the machines you work around act very funny with you everyday. You can have the most beautiful day at work but on other days the machines would just stop working and we would have to wait on somebody to fix them.
I learn things new every day at work just by going to – more... a new area at work and they will teach you all you need to know so you can be on point.
I never make my job hard, I always tend to stay claim and just work and have fun with it. What i enjoy about work is the people you work around its never any good times if you donut have friends to make you laugh at times at work not all the time but when that person just crake a joke Its always the laugh of the day. – less
A Great Place to Work
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Robinson, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Hershey has provided me with the tools I need to be a successful HR representative. Having the ability to go back to school has been an experience that I am grateful for. I would recommend The Hershey Company to anyone who is looking for a career with a sound, stable company. Hershey will be here for many, many more years.
productive, great job environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Guadalajara, JALSeptember 8, 2014
Very Fast industry, friendly, I grow as a person and professionally
Not very good management or communication
Area coordinator (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2014
I loved my job. My coworkers were great and the guests were awesome as well. The only thing bad about this company is management and communication. No one talks to anyone so it's a mess half he time. Other than that, it was a great job.
Excellent company
Skilled Technician (Former Employee), Hershey, Pa.August 20, 2014
Pros: specialized training
Cons: downsizing
Great benefits and job availability

Management is knowledged and fair
Good Compensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, company car
Cons: short lunches, lots of lifting and stocking shelves especially in walmart
Deal with managers in food accounts and walmart. Discuss promotions and seasonal items. Fill the shelves and pack out product

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to – Read more

The Hershey Company Photos