The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mars is outstanding
Sales/Merchandiser (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: given 3.50 for lunches
Cons: there were no cons
I was trained by the best person ever who has since retired. There co-workers were the best ever and are still my friends to-date
There was no hard work ever.
Management when I was there was the best ever. The whole team was great.
A day at work
Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 30 mins break are not taken out of check
Cons: the machine
A day a work is different everyday you never know what will go on, I say that because the machines you work around act very funny with you everyday. You can have the most beautiful day at work but on other days the machines would just stop working and we would have to wait on somebody to fix them.
I learn things new every day at work just by going to – more... a new area at work and they will teach you all you need to know so you can be on point.
I never make my job hard, I always tend to stay claim and just work and have fun with it. What i enjoy about work is the people you work around its never any good times if you donut have friends to make you laugh at times at work not all the time but when that person just crake a joke Its always the laugh of the day. – less
A Great Place to Work
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Robinson, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Hershey has provided me with the tools I need to be a successful HR representative. Having the ability to go back to school has been an experience that I am grateful for. I would recommend The Hershey Company to anyone who is looking for a career with a sound, stable company. Hershey will be here for many, many more years.
productive, great job environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Guadalajara, JALSeptember 8, 2014
Very Fast industry, friendly, I grow as a person and professionally
Not very good management or communication
Area coordinator (Former Employee), Hershey, PASeptember 4, 2014
I loved my job. My coworkers were great and the guests were awesome as well. The only thing bad about this company is management and communication. No one talks to anyone so it's a mess half he time. Other than that, it was a great job.
Excellent company
Skilled Technician (Former Employee), Hershey, Pa.August 20, 2014
Pros: specialized training
Cons: downsizing
Great benefits and job availability

Management is knowledged and fair
Good Compensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, company car
Cons: short lunches, lots of lifting and stocking shelves especially in walmart
Deal with managers in food accounts and walmart. Discuss promotions and seasonal items. Fill the shelves and pack out product
Contractor
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i liked my colleagues
Cons: being a contractor
Hershey was a client, I was a contractor for System One. Good environment, Corporate life was as expected. There is a huge problem with diversity, although it is the first thing it is spoken about when you go there. As an Italian citizen, I had some issues merging with the employees there.
Leadership at the top very strong
Director (Current Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 13, 2014
Top leadership very good. Layer below is extremely old shcool
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hershey, PAMay 13, 2014
There was plenty of opportunity for advancement, at The Hershey Company, Reading Plant.
Excellent Management
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hershey, PAMay 10, 2014

GO HERSHEY !!!
.The Hershey Company is a producer of chocolate in North America and sugar confectionery products. Improves the sales experience for the Hershey. Prog
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hershey, PAApril 17, 2014
The Hershey Company is a producer of chocolate in North America and sugar confectionery products. Improves the sales experience for the Hershey. Program manager creates program for sale, CSE (Customer Sales executive) implements that program on their stores, RSR (Retail Store Representative) goes to shop for real implementation of program and generate – more... real report of the program. To improve transparency, increase sales, help to improve rollover for non performance region. – less
Fun, family-oriented work environment with candy in every conference room.
Marketing Intern - Jolly Rancher (Former Employee), Hershey, PAApril 8, 2014
Pros: approachable management, challenging and fun assignments, great in-house breakfast/lunch option
Cons: can be difficult to have good work/life balance at times. especially when a project is coming due.
Working for this company was a great experience. People are really invested in you and willing to help you at every turn if you ask. I will say that because of the family-oriented culture, it can be difficult to receive feedback if not totally positive.
I enjoyed my job just it was my time to leave because military orders.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Mauna Loa Aiea HIApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed my job. I put my best foot forward day in and out. I was a team player.
Co-Op Position
Co-Op in Global Manufacturing Alliances - BI (Former Employee), Hershey, PAApril 1, 2014
Position was as a Co-Op for the Global Manufacturing Alliance as a Business Intelligent Agent. The job was based on International Market Research, basically either sitting on the computer all day or going to meeting to figure out the next project awaiting in the pipeline.
Excellent company to work for that provides all the tools neede to be successfull.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent atmosphere to perform well.
Well designed management team to oversee the sales for the Hershey's brand sold through Wal Mart. Training provided through on the job training with Territory manager and assistant manager along with the best reps in the assigned territory to give direction on what is expected and how to perform as expected. Company provided transportation and electronic – more... devices to allow every opportunity to successfully complete daily functions and to optimize effective communication to all levels of management to provide answers to any questions your clients may have. There really wasn't any excuse to perform your job well and have the best opportunity to reach sales goals. The atmosphere was great and competitive and the quarterly sales meetings and new product roll out was always held in very nice hotels and were always kept short in order to not waste time. If I hadn't had medical problems I would still be there and loving it. – less
Great people, great job culture
Category Development Management Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great team, great potential for growth
Cons: it was an internsheip position, too short
I loved working at Hershey's. I got to learn and apply various data analysis technique, create reports, present the findings and analyze how my projects could be improved. Co-workers were very nice, we always ate lunches together while discussing on different topics. It was a great chance for the team to know each other closer. I loved everything about – more... the Hershey team and the category development management position. It was great to learn about Hershey, its competitors, product display strategies and pricing analysis methods. – less
A true foundation for producing the best of the best professionals of hospitality!
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 5, 2014
I owe much of my success to the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts. The professional training and development that i was given was priceless and ultimately made me who I am today. This is a company that i have the utmost respect for and continue to practice the values that they have instilled in me today.
Highly productive work environment with constant growth and learning opportunities
Jacksonville District Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits and expenses covered on travel trips
Cons: weekly travel, large sales territories and overnights
-great management skills developed
-highly effective sales growth models
-training and learning daily
-a lot of travel
-large sales territories
-aggressive sales targets
Providing product education and product information while providing merchandising assistance
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, car and good salary
Cons: n/a
Overall Hershey is a good company to work for. I have had best in class sales education and have worked with some of the best managers and salesmen in the industry. I enjoy my team and have learned a lot about being a team lead and assisting in on the job training. The hardest part of the job is also my most enjoyable and that is overcoming "The No". – more... I like to overcome challenges and show successful results. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to – Read more

The Hershey Company Photos