Temporary Retail Merchandiser (6 Month Contract)
15 hours per week, 3 days per week, 5 hours per day - $15.00 an hour
Ottawa and Area
Hershey Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hershey Company (New York Stock Exchange: HSY) that manufactures, distributes and sells confectionery, snack, refreshment and grocery products in Canada. The Hershey Company is one of Canada’s leading chocolate and confectionary company with a strong portfolio of brands that delight consumers every day.
Major Canada brands include OH HENRY! HERSHEY’S KISSES, BROOKSIDE, POT OF GOLD, JOLLY RANCHER, REESE, TWIZZLERS, HERSHEY’S, SKOR, CHIPITS and ICEBREAKERS.
At The Hershey Company, we're committed to making a difference in the communities where we live, work and do business. This commitment dates from the earliest years of our company and is a vital part both of our heritage and of who we are today.
Our mission is to create a world class environment that attracts, develops/grows and retains world class people. We will build organizational capabilities and passion that compete in the present and build for the future to enable and encourage balanced and healthy lives.
We are committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution as well as the company’s performance.
We have a unique opportunity for you if you thrive working independently. The part-time Merchandiser will be responsible for ensuring that all authorized Hershey products are visible in the stores in their assigned territories and that product is displayed in such a way as to stimulate interest and entice customers to make a purchase.
Duties include, but not limited to, building displays, packing out product, replenishing permanent secondary displays, maintaining salability and ensuring optimum product appearance and quality of all authorized Hershey items. There is no direct selling in this role. The Merchandiser is a part-time position at 15 hours per week (flexible schedule).
– Provide point-of-purchase, shelf management services and commercial displays of all authorized Hershey products
– Maintain 100% presence of all authorized Hershey products in the assigned territory
– Achieve merchandising objectives through effective use of permanent secondary displays and other display vehicles established with the Retail Execution Plan
– Report weekly activity, expenses, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory
– Report daily activity through the Retail Handheld units (REX), synchronizing upon completion of each day
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements:
– Post Secondary Education
– 1 – 3 years merchandising experience preferred
– Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
– Customer service orientation
– Ability to meet goals and deadlines with minimum direct supervision
– Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
– Planning, organizing, and time management skills
– Strong analytical skills
– Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
– Self reliance and self motivation
– Detail oriented with fresh thinking
– Takes initiative in pursuing objectives
– Ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
– Proficient in MS suite (word, excel, power point)
– Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
- Proof and maintenance of passport, valid drivers’ license without restrictions and good standing driving record
- This is a temporary six-month contract 15 hours part-time per week (flexible work schedule)
- Pay rate is $15 per hour
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle required for which mileage rates will be paid (0.48/km)
- Personal auto insurance with at least the government set minimum liability
- Ability to lift between 10 and 30 lbs on a regular basis
- Available to work minimum of 15 hours per week (Monday to Friday during regular business hours) (candidates with weeknight and weekend availability will not be considered) – weekdays only during regular business hour availability required
- Must reside within the boundaries of the assigned territory
- Land line/cell phone and internet access required
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
The road is your office. This position requires a road warrior who is able to work independently on the road while interacting with our customers and sales team.
Apply online at our career site to be considered for this SWEET opportunity: