HERSHEY CANADA HAS A SWEET OPPORTUNITY IN OUR FIELD SALES DEPARTMENT TEAM FOR A TEMPORARY 6-MONTH CONTRACT - RETAIL SALES MERCHANDISER (RSM) POSITION
(17 HOURS PART-TIME PER WEEK-MONDAY TO THURSDAY) FOR WINNIPEG AND AREA
We have a unique opportunity for you if you thrive working independently, and closing the deal. Duties include increasing volume through effective merchandising, selling and servicing of the assigned retail, corporate and independent stores. This includes ensuring distribution of all listed products, ensuring optimum product appearance and quality, servicing individual stores on a regular basis and building a strong working relationship with store management, booking seasonal/major programs when required. Administrative work is also required – reporting on all sales call activities, submitting booking programs, maintaining accurate files, and attending district and regional meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements:
– Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is preferred
– Ability to lift up to 30lbs
– 1- 3 years of sales experience with sound knowledge of sales techniques in consumer packaged goods preferred.
– Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
– Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
– Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking
– Takes initiative in pursuing objectives
– Ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
– Proficient in MS suite (word, excel, power point)
– Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
- Proof and maintenance of passport, valid drivers’ license and good standing driving record.
- This is a temporary six-month contract 17 hours part-time per week (Monday to Thursday).
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle required for which mileage rates will be paid.
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
The road is your office. This position requires a road warrior who is able to work independently on the road while interacting with our customers and sales team.
- Qualified Internal candidates will be given first preference.
Please forward a resume ASAP.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.