The Healthiest Home is Canada's premier supplier of environmentally friendly building products, also offering construction services for installations, major renovations and new homes. We create homes that are personally and environmentally healthy and sustainable. For more information about HH, please visit: www.thehealthiesthome.com
Career Opportunity: we seek a dynamic and knowledgeable person for our accounting department, in a challenging, two-pronged role: Job Costing Administration and General Accounting Administration in our Ottawa headquarters. Each function requires 50% of the employee’s time and involves collaboration with and among different groups.
1. Job Costing & Payables Clerk: the employee will be involved with both our retail and construction divisions. This position will require the use and integration of three different software packages: QuickBooks (QB), Excel (E) and BuilderTrend (BT) to execute the following responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain job cost data in our construction software, Builder-Trend (BT)
- Accurately record supplier invoices and prepare invoices for payment; investigate any invoicing discrepancies (BT & QB)
- Review and modify budgets in collaboration with job managers (E, BT & QB)
- Prepare progress draws, billings and statements for customers (not an immediate responsibility)
2. General Accounting and Admin Clerk: in this role the employee will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating with suppliers and customers by phone and email
- Gathering, verifying and preparing all timesheet information for payroll (E)
- General data input into QB (cash receipts, vendor bills, etc…)
- Performing office administration and light bookkeeping tasks, as required
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience using Microsoft Excel in a business environment, including an understanding of general Excel accounting and mathematical functions
- Accounting education; general ledger knowledge would be an asset
- At least 2 years’ experience with an accounting-specific software product; ie. QuickBooks
- Communication skills; professional, friendly, and pro-active – including both oral and written – across the company and extending to customers and suppliers.
Important personal characteristics:
- Works independently without significant supervision.
- Able to learn new concepts swiftly, then implement into tasks (training will be provided, but supervision is limited)
- Cares about the details; ensures accuracy and relevancy of all data entry and communications
- Manages priorities and time; can plan and execute tasks effectively while juggling relationships, quality and competing demands on time.
- Initiates the steps to trouble-shoot a problem and / or knows when to ask questions.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding corporate business.
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) requiring on-site presence at the HH office, Monday – Friday. It involves a three-month probationary period, during which time the salary will be $36,000 a year. Upon completion of the probationary period, the salary and performance will be reviewed. Two weeks’ vacation is included in the employment contract.
Please submit your resume (including 2-3 references) through this website. We kindly ask for no phone calls, please.