THE HEALTH TEAM Employee Reviews

A challenging, yet exciting and flexible RN job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON13 March 2017
I really enjoy working with The Health Team. There are a variety of event jobs (ie. onsite flu shot clinics, health assessments, etc) that they offer, which keeps things new and exciting. I'm able to choose the shifts I work and pay is quite good. I get to practice some nursing skills like IM injecting and basic health assessments. I'm able to meet different people from different workplaces, being able to help them with any health questions that they may have, which I love to do. Though most of the time you would work independently, you can always text/call/email THT team members if you have any questions/concerns and they respond asap. You MUST have a vehicle to travel to the different locations. Overall, this job can be challenging, but I find that I enjoy myself at the end of every shift. I feel that I've definitely gained confidence, especially as a fairly new nurse, working with The Health Team.
Pros
You pick your shifts, pay is good
Cons
Must have a vehicle to travel to event locations
Great team of individuals with a fun workplace environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
The Health Team is a great organization to work with. As an RN, you provide medical services to clients all over GTA. You work independently as per your scope of practice. If you're interested in working in the community settings then this is a great work opportunity. I enjoy the flexible hours and working close to home. Also, they have opportunities to cover large event as well as per client's needs. The management consists of great enthusiastic individuals. If you have any questions or concerns, the response time is quick!
Pros
Flexible hours
Helpful people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
The best part is the people they are very helpful. The worst is the extra work you do getting prepared prior to clinics as you are not paid for this time and it can be time consuming
Pros
Great people
Cons
Parking is sometimes a nightmare
Easy to work for. Job well explained
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick9 March 2017
Everything was explained very well. Answered all my questions. You can see that they care about the employees and also the costumers. They asure great costumer service. Great company!
Supportive co-worker with lots of independence
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
My co workers are extremely supportive at this company and that is super valuable and important to me. Working at this company is also great for learning independence and problem solving. It is a very fun company to work for and the hours are almost always ideal! It is always important to give yourself a lot of extra time in your commute because you are always going to different locations all over the city!
Pros
Independence in practice
Cons
Navigation can be stressful if you don't know the city
Great team to work with!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
I love the flexibility to work when and where I want to. I get to meet with different people on a daily basis, and then in many cases meet back up with them the following year again. Whether it's helping people see the benefits of lifestyle changes through health screenings or giving flu shots during clinics every day is different and rewarding. It's simply a fun, stress free job that allows me to do health teaching in corporate settings. Terrific support from management makes the job a blast!
Pros
Flexible schedule and no weekend work.
Cons
Honestly, none, unless you don't like to drive oh and would like MORE work
Great team to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2017
I have worked with The Health Team for about 4 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. The management team is extremely enthusiastic, approachable, determined, and keen on seeking opportunities for improvement and ways to keep current in today's changing environment. As employees, I feel that we are valued and are frequently consulted with requests for feedback and input into new procedures. They are truly a pleasure to work with and I am looking forward to another great year!
Cons
Unpredictable hours/shifts
I enjoy working for this company.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA North and sometimes Toronto28 February 2017
I enjoy working for a company that allows flexibility in choosing shifts. Both flu clinics and wellness clinics allow me to meet so many clients on a 1:1 basis. I really enjoy working in healthcare when you have the opportunity for health teaching and preventative care.
All of the staff that I have had the opportunity to work with have been pleasant. U look forward to working again this Spring.
Pros
I enjoy health teaching
Cons
Sometimes having to travel long distances to clinics.
Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
The Health Team is a great company to be a part of that allows you to work more autonomously compared to traditional healthcare settings.You can work more depending on your availability/flexibility, which is a great option for me. I enjoy working from a different location every day and having the opportunity to interact with so many different people. Management has been supportive and responsive whenever anything comes up.
Highly organized company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2017
I really enjoyed my recent contract working for The Health Team. I found the management to be friendly and highly organized. I was provided with all of the resources I needed to my work, and was able to focus solely on nursing duties.
The Health Team is very timely with communication to staff. The whole experience was great!

Want to know more about THE HEALTH TEAM?

Ask a question
Good & flexible company to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver24 February 2017
The Health Team is a reliable and organized company to work for. Communication between employee and employer is great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun working environment!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I really enjoy working here because the job is on a casual basis, which gives me great work/life balance. I love being able to work with other RNs that have different experiences than I do. Everyone is extremely helpful and I also enjoy the teaching aspect for the community.
Pros
All supplies are provided to help you succeed
Cons
Would love more hours
Flexible shifts, health promotion focused, supportive management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 February 2017
Working with The Health Team provided me with a flexible schedule, the opportunity to educate others about health and wellness, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals throughout the Metro Vancouver area. The management was extremely supportive, and I felt like a valued and respected member of the organization's team.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, no weekends, no shift work
Cons
Some shifts are <8 hours
Have had a great experience working with the Health Team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
Very organized job, I have enjoyed working with The Health Team. The hours have allowed for flexibility around my other jobs. If there was an issue, I have had support.
Pros
variety
Cons
casual hours
Independent work environment, self scheduling, great managerial support
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick20 February 2017
The Health Care Team is an excellent opportunity to vary your work environment and focus. I am able to function independently with a company that promotes illness prevention and wellness. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to interact with people that want to make proactive change in their lives; and The Health Care team makes this easy. Clinics are set around your schedule, so it is an easy addition to existing employment. Supplies are delivered right to your door, and an amazing management team is just an email away to answer any questions you may have. I have been with this company for over five years, and I have never had any issues.
Pros
Self scheduling, wellness focus
Cons
Pay is slightly less than typical
Great casual job
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
- Health screening, flu shots
- Varying shifts
- Travel: everyday can be a different location, depending on the project
-Management/CEO are friendly, approachable, very quick response time
Pros
Fun, get to work independently, being mobile, parking covered
Cons
Pay is below average
New experience and learning
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
it is not reliable schedule,I would like to work with them but they don't call or send an email regularly,sometimes for two years nobody calls you and sometimes in a short time they need you.
Great second job
Biometric Screener and Flu Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2017
Super organized company with responsive management. I worked on a casual basis through the flu clinic season and got as much work as I wanted. They have refined the process of online training, shift acceptance and logging hours so it's very easy, almost fool-proof. I found the management to be very quick to respond to my questions whether it was during a work day or not. The work itself can be quite repetitive but you are working with healthy people who want to be there, a nice change from most nursing jobs.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
unpredictable availability of work
allows me to work around my own schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 February 2017
This job gives me a Fun, friendly environment to work in. It lets me pick when I work and schedule shifts around my full time job and home life.
Organized and supportive company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 February 2017
When I started with this company, all of my resources were supplied, and any questions were quickly answered. I found that staff are incredibly supportive and knowledgeable, and I have the ability to arrange my work hours around my busy schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE HEALTH TEAM. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5