THE HEALTH TEAM

THE HEALTH TEAM Employee Reviews

Great team to work with!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
I love the flexibility to work when and where I want to. I get to meet with different people on a daily basis, and then in many cases meet back up with them the following year again. Whether it's helping people see the benefits of lifestyle changes through health screenings or giving flu shots during clinics every day is different and rewarding. It's simply a fun, stress free job that allows me to do health teaching in corporate settings. Terrific support from management makes the job a blast!
Pros
Flexible schedule and no weekend work.
Cons
Honestly, none, unless you don't like to drive oh and would like MORE work
Great second job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
The Health Team offers great experience, especially for new nursing grads. The nature of the job allows for sharpening of assessment and health teaching skills. The acquisition of supplies is made incredibly easy, and management is in constant contact to ensure a smooth experience for both staff and clients. Jobs in certain cities are few and far between, but when work is available it's a worthwhile experience.
Pros
Great workplace culture, supportive environment
Cons
Inconsistent work availability
Always plenty of supplies.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, lots of notice as to what is available..Offer a wide variety of clinics. Management always available if any concerns during a clinic. Great to always have appropriate supplies
Pros
Working with the latest in equipment
Cons
Do not have benefits. Taxes not taken off.
Independent work environment, self scheduling, great managerial support
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick20 February 2017
The Health Care Team is an excellent opportunity to vary your work environment and focus. I am able to function independently with a company that promotes illness prevention and wellness. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to interact with people that want to make proactive change in their lives; and The Health Care team makes this easy. Clinics are set around your schedule, so it is an easy addition to existing employment. Supplies are delivered right to your door, and an amazing management team is just an email away to answer any questions you may have. I have been with this company for over five years, and I have never had any issues.
Pros
Self scheduling, wellness focus
Cons
Pay is slightly less than typical
Great team of individuals with a fun workplace environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
The Health Team is a great organization to work with. As an RN, you provide medical services to clients all over GTA. You work independently as per your scope of practice. If you're interested in working in the community settings then this is a great work opportunity. I enjoy the flexible hours and working close to home. Also, they have opportunities to cover large event as well as per client's needs. The management consists of great enthusiastic individuals. If you have any questions or concerns, the response time is quick!
Pros
Flexible hours
Great second job
Biometric Screener and Flu Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2017
Super organized company with responsive management. I worked on a casual basis through the flu clinic season and got as much work as I wanted. They have refined the process of online training, shift acceptance and logging hours so it's very easy, almost fool-proof. I found the management to be very quick to respond to my questions whether it was during a work day or not. The work itself can be quite repetitive but you are working with healthy people who want to be there, a nice change from most nursing jobs.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
unpredictable availability of work
Great team to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2017
I have worked with The Health Team for about 4 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. The management team is extremely enthusiastic, approachable, determined, and keen on seeking opportunities for improvement and ways to keep current in today's changing environment. As employees, I feel that we are valued and are frequently consulted with requests for feedback and input into new procedures. They are truly a pleasure to work with and I am looking forward to another great year!
Cons
Unpredictable hours/shifts
Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
The Health Team is a great company to be a part of that allows you to work more autonomously compared to traditional healthcare settings.You can work more depending on your availability/flexibility, which is a great option for me. I enjoy working from a different location every day and having the opportunity to interact with so many different people. Management has been supportive and responsive whenever anything comes up.
Flexible shifts, health promotion focused, supportive management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 February 2017
Working with The Health Team provided me with a flexible schedule, the opportunity to educate others about health and wellness, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals throughout the Metro Vancouver area. The management was extremely supportive, and I felt like a valued and respected member of the organization's team.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, no weekends, no shift work
Cons
Some shifts are <8 hours
Great Flexible Company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC17 February 2017
I have been working with the Health Team for over 5 years and have enjoyed it greatly. Everyone in management is reachable and easy to communicate with. They have always taken any concerns or suggestions to heart. Flexibility is key for me and they work with their nurses to fit their needs. Great as a supplemental income.
Pros
Great team, good communication, independence
Cons
full time work not always available
Excellent company to make extra money!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON17 February 2017
Great team and caring management team
Friendly coworkers
Awesome training
Typical day: biometric mesasuerements, flu clinics
Hardest part of job: moving to different locations all the time
Pros: meeting new people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, only offers casual/part time positions
A Company with vision
Wellness clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
The management team had seamless organization; giving a comprehensive orientation, arranging clinics with great detail, and ensuring I had everything to do my job. Remuneration was always timely and communication was supportive and respectful. They always worked around my primary job schedule. I wish I had more time to work with them.
Pros
Organization and respect
Fun working environment!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I really enjoy working here because the job is on a casual basis, which gives me great work/life balance. I love being able to work with other RNs that have different experiences than I do. Everyone is extremely helpful and I also enjoy the teaching aspect for the community.
Pros
All supplies are provided to help you succeed
Cons
Would love more hours
Highly organized company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2017
I really enjoyed my recent contract working for The Health Team. I found the management to be friendly and highly organized. I was provided with all of the resources I needed to my work, and was able to focus solely on nursing duties.
The Health Team is very timely with communication to staff. The whole experience was great!
Great casual job
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
- Health screening, flu shots
- Varying shifts
- Travel: everyday can be a different location, depending on the project
-Management/CEO are friendly, approachable, very quick response time
Pros
Fun, get to work independently, being mobile, parking covered
Cons
Pay is below average
Great team to work with
RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
Thoroughly enjoy working my time with this company. I worked at the Chrysler plants and loved it. I enjoyed the clientele, my group, and the Health Team.
Pros
exposure to public health and fun team
Cons
advancement
Supportive co-worker with lots of independence
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
My co workers are extremely supportive at this company and that is super valuable and important to me. Working at this company is also great for learning independence and problem solving. It is a very fun company to work for and the hours are almost always ideal! It is always important to give yourself a lot of extra time in your commute because you are always going to different locations all over the city!
Pros
Independence in practice
Cons
Navigation can be stressful if you don't know the city
I enjoy working for this company.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA North and sometimes Toronto28 February 2017
I enjoy working for a company that allows flexibility in choosing shifts. Both flu clinics and wellness clinics allow me to meet so many clients on a 1:1 basis. I really enjoy working in healthcare when you have the opportunity for health teaching and preventative care.
All of the staff that I have had the opportunity to work with have been pleasant. U look forward to working again this Spring.
Pros
I enjoy health teaching
Cons
Sometimes having to travel long distances to clinics.
Extremely organized company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
I really enjoy working for this company. I find the company to be very organized from the training to delivery of supplies to knowing exactly where to go, time table and who to contact. I really believe in the importance of health screening and secondary prevention. I really enjoyed meeting new people both clients and the collaboration with other health care agencies.
Pros
Meeting new people working with other health care agencies
Cons
Would like more hours
Flexible and supportive team! Great company to work for!
RN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 February 2017
The Health Team is a fantastic company. Shifts are offered throughout the year and you are booked according to your availability. Depending on the time of year you typically provide health screening services or run flu clinics for various companies. Training is thorough and all of the staff are friendly and approachable. I can't say enough good things about this job!

4.5