THE HEALTH TEAM

THE HEALTH TEAM Employee Reviews

Have had a great experience working with the Health Team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
Very organized job, I have enjoyed working with The Health Team. The hours have allowed for flexibility around my other jobs. If there was an issue, I have had support.
Pros
variety
Cons
casual hours
Independent work environment, self scheduling, great managerial support
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick20 February 2017
The Health Care Team is an excellent opportunity to vary your work environment and focus. I am able to function independently with a company that promotes illness prevention and wellness. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to interact with people that want to make proactive change in their lives; and The Health Care team makes this easy. Clinics are set around your schedule, so it is an easy addition to existing employment. Supplies are delivered right to your door, and an amazing management team is just an email away to answer any questions you may have. I have been with this company for over five years, and I have never had any issues.
Pros
Self scheduling, wellness focus
Cons
Pay is slightly less than typical
Great casual job
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
- Health screening, flu shots
- Varying shifts
- Travel: everyday can be a different location, depending on the project
-Management/CEO are friendly, approachable, very quick response time
Pros
Fun, get to work independently, being mobile, parking covered
Cons
Pay is below average
New experience and learning
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
it is not reliable schedule,I would like to work with them but they don't call or send an email regularly,sometimes for two years nobody calls you and sometimes in a short time they need you.
Great second job
Biometric Screener and Flu Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2017
Super organized company with responsive management. I worked on a casual basis through the flu clinic season and got as much work as I wanted. They have refined the process of online training, shift acceptance and logging hours so it's very easy, almost fool-proof. I found the management to be very quick to respond to my questions whether it was during a work day or not. The work itself can be quite repetitive but you are working with healthy people who want to be there, a nice change from most nursing jobs.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
unpredictable availability of work
allows me to work around my own schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 February 2017
This job gives me a Fun, friendly environment to work in. It lets me pick when I work and schedule shifts around my full time job and home life.
Organized and supportive company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 February 2017
When I started with this company, all of my resources were supplied, and any questions were quickly answered. I found that staff are incredibly supportive and knowledgeable, and I have the ability to arrange my work hours around my busy schedule.
Great side job
RN (Current Employee) –  PEI18 February 2017
Great side job! Great people to work for and love working with well populations in the community. I enjoy traveling across the Island and working with a slightly different skill base.
A Company with vision
Wellness clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
The management team had seamless organization; giving a comprehensive orientation, arranging clinics with great detail, and ensuring I had everything to do my job. Remuneration was always timely and communication was supportive and respectful. They always worked around my primary job schedule. I wish I had more time to work with them.
Pros
Organization and respect
Cons
Flexible working hours and independent practice.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2017
I always have the necessary supplies I need to conduct any clinics or screenings when I go into the community. The Health Team provides me with more than enough materials and instruction to complete my shifts and they are always accessible by phone in case anything goes amiss. I really enjoy working here, and plan to stay.
Always plenty of supplies.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2017
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, lots of notice as to what is available..Offer a wide variety of clinics. Management always available if any concerns during a clinic. Great to always have appropriate supplies
Pros
Working with the latest in equipment
Cons
Do not have benefits. Taxes not taken off.
Excellent company to make extra money!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON17 February 2017
Great team and caring management team
Friendly coworkers
Awesome training
Typical day: biometric mesasuerements, flu clinics
Hardest part of job: moving to different locations all the time
Pros: meeting new people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, only offers casual/part time positions
Flexible and supportive team! Great company to work for!
RN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 February 2017
The Health Team is a fantastic company. Shifts are offered throughout the year and you are booked according to your availability. Depending on the time of year you typically provide health screening services or run flu clinics for various companies. Training is thorough and all of the staff are friendly and approachable. I can't say enough good things about this job!
Extremely organized company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
I really enjoy working for this company. I find the company to be very organized from the training to delivery of supplies to knowing exactly where to go, time table and who to contact. I really believe in the importance of health screening and secondary prevention. I really enjoyed meeting new people both clients and the collaboration with other health care agencies.
Pros
Meeting new people working with other health care agencies
Cons
Would like more hours
Great team to work with
RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
Thoroughly enjoy working my time with this company. I worked at the Chrysler plants and loved it. I enjoyed the clientele, my group, and the Health Team.
Pros
exposure to public health and fun team
Cons
advancement
Great second job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
The Health Team offers great experience, especially for new nursing grads. The nature of the job allows for sharpening of assessment and health teaching skills. The acquisition of supplies is made incredibly easy, and management is in constant contact to ensure a smooth experience for both staff and clients. Jobs in certain cities are few and far between, but when work is available it's a worthwhile experience.
Pros
Great workplace culture, supportive environment
Cons
Inconsistent work availability
Great Flexible Company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC17 February 2017
I have been working with the Health Team for over 5 years and have enjoyed it greatly. Everyone in management is reachable and easy to communicate with. They have always taken any concerns or suggestions to heart. Flexibility is key for me and they work with their nurses to fit their needs. Great as a supplemental income.
Pros
Great team, good communication, independence
Cons
full time work not always available
Great place to work if you like independence
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2016
Good company with good support. I enjoyed going to the different workplaces and meeting different people. If you are organized and independent, this job can be very interesting and enjoyable.
Pros
Independence, variety, flexible hours.
Cons
It can get a bit lonely at times.
Rewarding, lots of variety
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2015
On site flu vaccinations and health screening
Totally independent job, no co-workers
Love meeting all kinds of people, varied companys
Pros
Variety
Cons
Minimal hours
Fun work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Various locations throughout the lower mainland25 December 2012
Different workplace environment from your typical nurse setting. Client orientated. Flexible with your schedule.

4.5