About The Healing Cycle Foundation
The Healing Cycle Foundation wishes to honour the end-of-life journey travelled by individuals living with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones. By raising and stewarding funds, the Foundation's aim is to support hospice palliative care programs that compassionately uphold the quality of end-of-life and foster the vision that palliative individuals can live every day to the fullest with dignity, meaning and hope. We believe in whole-person care, where services are provided within a seamless, integrated community of physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support. Through the outreach initiatives of our Foundation, we support accessibility of hospice palliative care services with the hope that one day it will be made available to all individuals travelling the end-of-life journey.
About the Position
The Manager, Community Partnerships (Volunteer) reports to the Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships. (While this position is vacant, reports to the SVP Development)
This role will:
- actively research and seek out potential small business and community partners,
- build a strategy to increase the number of small business partnerships - sponsors and teams,
- be responsible for one territory or sector (including donations and corporate teams) with targets to a maximum of $1,000 target,
- will target local businesses for ride sponsorships and teams,
- meet targets and deliverables, and
- provide consistent, timely, high-quality communications with prospective donors on behalf of THCF.
The successful volunteers will have:
- a strong background in sales, marketing, and promotions,
- a strong and proven experience in forming collaborative partnerships,
- a solid work ethic,
- proven organizational skills, sound judgment, and an ability to prioritize multiple projects,
- a self-starter, who takes initiative, thrives on challenges, and accepts ownership over job responsibilities,
- experience in the public, charitable, or private health services sector would be an asset, and
- the availability to work flexible hours as necessary.
Please note that, given the need for flexibility in order to meet changing requirements, the duties of this role may change from time to time as needed.