About The Healing Cycle Foundation
Founded in 2005, the Healing Cycle Foundation ("The Foundation") is a volunteer-based, registered charity that wishes to honour the end-of-life journey taken by those living with a life-threatening illness. We do this by raising and stewarding funds in support of hospice palliative care programs that compassionately uphold the dignity of individuals at the end of their life and their loved ones.
THCF is the only provincial-level umbrella organization that raises and stewards funds for hospice palliative care in Canada.
Please visit our website for more information - www.thehealingcycle.ca
About the Position
The Chief Information Officer (Volunteer) of THCF will be the lead for database /website content management, implementation of all IT initiatives and responsible for the planning process, and execution of all technology driven strategies that support the Foundations long-term objectives. He/she will provide a robust technology vision, leadership, and industry best practices to achieve optimal results.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Chief Information Officer (Volunteer) will work collaboratively with other department managers (i.e. Brand Manager, Marketing and Communication team, and Development team) with a goal of managing/maintaining all aspects of THCF’s online presence, IT infrastructure, and community information release. Strong attention to details, interpersonal, and communicating skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines are required.
The Chief Information Officer (Volunteer) will have a superior understanding of sound principles in database/website content administration, IT implementation and delivery, IT governance, operations, technical support, and project management while executing the core mission, vision, and values of the Foundation.
Requirements and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide senior-level advice and counsel on IT trends and best practices, to senior leadership, on the Foundation’s on-line presence and communication information release.
- Oversee the design, lay-out, flow and management of web content on the Foundation’s web-site; including on-line donations and automatic tax information, volunteer registration, team/rider registration, and reporting metrics.
- Provide direct support and implementation of the Foundation’s Information technology and web-based applications; including hospice, donor’s and sponsor’s information, public relations and social media forums, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, staying current on master content calendar, keeping content consistent, and relevant.
- Develop web-site architecture, validating hardware and/or software system requirements, implementing a standard to maximize effectiveness of the Foundation’s technology-driven network.
- Conduct primary IT security audits, ensuring protective measures are at service levels (backup and data recovery), executing a designed plan to safeguard confidential information from accidental or unauthorized use and/or disclosure if required.
- Perform system stress test and quality control for web content, writing-related coding for logical/physical database description, ensuring an effective database system.
- Coordinate training for all end users, identifying user access levels for each segment of the database.
Qualification and/or skills required:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information systems, network administration, or web design from an accredited institution.
- Experienced using IT systems, and with IT management at a senior level.
- Understanding of Sumac software and its functionality is a DEFINED ASSET.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a similar role or 6 to 8 years experience implementing dynamic computer/web-based applications for a high traffic website.
- Understanding a strategic vision, designing a targeted action plan to achieve core-objectives.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal teams and management, external associations, and outside technology vendors/service providers.
- Comfort level working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, project-based environment, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a STRONG ASSET.
Please note that, given the need for flexibility in order to meet changing requirements, the duties of this role may change from time to time as needed.
Interested candidates looking to donate their time and dynamic skills for a good cause are asked to submit their resume in confident for review.
Be advised, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
DESIRABILITY OF POSITION:
The Foundation offers a dynamic opportunity to play a leadership role in shaping the future of a rapidly growing, chairty-based, healthcare organization with a unique value proposition and vision to assist Canadian's with hospice, palliative care assistances.