Manage plant resources (people, equipment, supplies, etc.) in a manner that ensures that all company goals and key business measures are being met to the fullest extent possible.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Supervise, evaluate and develop all direct reports
- Develop/maintain the facility’s growth model,SWOT,goals,& project plans.
- Review and maintain appropriate staffing levels according to projected
sales and budgetary conditions.
- Manage the order acquisition process & grow facility sales through
coordination with CSR’s & Market Managers with an emphasis on
superior customer service
- Manage the order fulfillment process to ensure 100% quality and on-time
delivery in the most efficient, cost effective manner possible
- Maintain contribution margins targets by emphasizing efficiency,
productivity, and quality while maintaining control over variable costs.
- Manage facility inventory levels to ensure high levels of customer
satisfaction without negatively impacting cash flow
- Ensure timely payment of all accounts payable and timely collection of
all accounts receivable
- Work with administrative personnel in St. Louis & at the facility on
all Human Resource activities including payroll processing,
hiring/firing, evaluations, promotions, raises, and employee benefits
- Provide monthly facility performance reports to TGC management and
update Facility Plan on a weekly basis
- Conduct sales calls in the general area of the facility as needed
- Maintain the facility dashboard and provide monthly facility
performance reports to TGC manageme
Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
Ability to interact with Sales and Customer Service for quoting,
scheduling and engineering
Strong problem solving skills with people, processes and equipment
Ability to create plans and communicate concepts and plans in verbal
and written formats.
Ability to create manage multiple tasks, and projects in a timely,
Experience with Lean & other Quality systems & concepts (ie)
SPC, TQM, JIT, ISO 9000)
Ability to use a variety of business software to analyze data &
improve business processes
Job shop experience with strong knowledge of machine tools
and/or experience with punching of non-metallic materials
Expertise with CAD/CAM and CNC machine tools a plus
Demonstrated success in implementing improvements in production
Experience managing, coaching and training direct reports
University or college degree in Business or Engineering