The Grove Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work because the job was located in the airport. My co-workers became family and we just always had a good time.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Interesting people, great working environment and easy going boss
Cons: Short breaks, no healthcare, and no way to advance.
I always looked forward to going to work. We always had snacks and fun. Management was not as strict as they should have been but everyone loved the boss. The coolest part of the job was meeting a lot of new people with funny accents and the hardest part of the job was closing the store.
Great Co-Workers
Behavioral Modification Technician (Current Employee), Winter Springs, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Great environment, co-workers are very helpful and skillful. Most have been in the industry for years. Your co-workers can be a great source of strength and comfort.
A place worth applying
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 19, 2015
Pros: Busy enviornment
Cons: None
A great environment to work at and a lot of culture. Learning how a real kitchen works is a lot of fun. The staff is always helpful when you new to the job.
not a good place to work
faa (Current Employee), las vegas nvJune 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
not a good place to work no opportunity to grow management is a joke you will be mistreated and harassed employees are not treated fair favoritism one of the main problems
Fast Paced
Cook (Former Employee), Strongstown, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: if you don't smoke the people that do smoke
Preparation of food for the dinner rush on Wing Nights. I learned how to multi-task at cooking, serving, and dishwashing. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is done in time when your in the middle of a rush. The most enjoyable part is the relaxing environment on your down time.
I was an independent contractor
Special Events Director (Former Employee), Franklin, TNNovember 21, 2014
Beautiful community with great amenities including a Greg Norman Signature Golf Course, two pools, tennis courts, fitness center and equestrian facility. A new 33,000 square foot Manor House is under construction and scheduled to open in May 2015.
upscale catering facility
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Cedar Grove, NJNovember 9, 2014
nice place , good atmosphere, polite guests. a typical day at work your serving and bussing tables for 200 plus ppl.
Fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: it closed
It was great to work there because I got to meet a lot of people. My co workers were great to work with.
don't work here
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 1, 2014
no incentive, low low pay, no extra training, poor management
Great atmosphere to work in. Job was located in the Louis Armstrong Airport.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), kenner, laApril 13, 2014
Good job for students. They were able to accomodate my school schedule and that was a big help.
weak management
Stocker/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2013
The work and hours expected is not even close to being worth the $8.00 an hour i was paid.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), Huddersfield, ENGOctober 1, 2013
Pros: learned how to clean the pub from top to bottom
Get in go into the store cupboard get the cleaning products out start cleaning the tables then hoover the floors. Then go in and clean the toilets and sinks. Then clean the bar along with the pumps and mopping the floor behind the bar, then put all the cleaning stuff away.I learnt how to clean a bar and toilets properly. The manager was very nice. I worked on my own. Their wasn't a hard part of the job. Making friend with the staff and manager.
A venry innovvative and dynamic place.
Educator and PR Liaison (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: innovative drive
Cons: an overfull termplanner
I loved working here. It was dynamic and proactive. The institution was proactive in its decision making process and the parental involvement was uncanny.
rude
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), La Grange Park, ILSeptember 26, 2013
all the workers were rude, the manager was never there, I was basically having to ask the other aides what I was suppose to be doing, since management was never around.
student housing
General Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, free rent
Cons: living on site, on duty 24-7, low pay
A typical day was full of walking the complex checking on maintenance. Half of the day was spent filling and sending reports. Once a week had to post the schedule for maintenance, management, staff and rotation of on-call duties. Keeping up with scheduling events for current residents and to recruit future residents. Of course keeping track of rent being paid and residents' behavior was always on the list.
was not that great
Bartender (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 21, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: mangment
was union but after a year paying into them found out they just were not paying them and got shut down
Stable, fun, and challenging.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJune 11, 2013
Typical day was that of helping residents with issues or questions regarding the apartment. Also trying to acquire new tenants was a bit tedious.
Stocking position
Stocker/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2013
Cons: wages
i would push a 3-400 pound cart around Salt Lake International Airport all day pcked full with snacks and soda.
okay
Medication Passer / Caregiver (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORMay 22, 2013
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: poor managmnet
a typical day at work would be taking care of residents, interacting with them, very busy most of the time on your feet all day. the management isn't the very best though. The co-workers were nice but, some were very dramatic and hard to work with at times.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: less pay
Learned a lot from this place. Fun workplace but this was the 1st job of my life and It has helped me a lot. nice people to work with and management also. this job was easy.