The Grove Employee Reviews

Poor Management and Worse boss
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 4, 2016
Management was poor. Maintenance Supervisor would rather call in vendors to do the work and act as a manager rather than be a maintenance supervisor and help out.
Pros
Lived and worked on property
Cons
No breaks, poor attitude from management.
Fun place to work because the job was located in the airport. My co-workers became family and we just always had a good time.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2015
I always looked forward to going to work. We always had snacks and fun. Management was not as strict as they should have been but everyone loved the boss. The coolest part of the job was meeting a lot of new people with funny accents and the hardest part of the job was closing the store.
Pros
Interesting people, great working environment and easy going boss
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, and no way to advance.
Life At The Grove
EVENT SERVER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Grove, NJNovember 10, 2015
Working at the grove you get to see how nasty the area your food is being prepared in is. The dish washing area of kitchen is horrible. the dishes are never cleaned properly , and i wouldnt be caught dead eating off of their tableware. Absoultely unacceptable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Worked as a team member performing cashier duties, product assistance and cleaning while providing excellent customer service
Supervisor/Shift Caption (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAOctober 15, 2012
Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.Responsible Giving Break's, stocking store's counting money for changing Shifts Opening and Closing Store's, and Receiving Order's
Earned management trust by serving as key holder, responsibly opening and closing store.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
Answered questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions.
Organized store merchandise racks by size, style and color to promote visually appealing environment
Cons
supervisor/shift caption
worst job ever no training
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Milltown, NJOctober 16, 2015
never got any training even if I asked the other co worker typical day was clock in then try to pike the ripest fruits to cut
Efficient and professional
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENGSeptember 29, 2015
Whole hotel works together to deliver a five star experience to all guests. The staff are offered many opportunities to advance and are encouraged to complete training sessions.
A place worth applying
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 19, 2015
A great environment to work at and a lot of culture. Learning how a real kitchen works is a lot of fun. The staff is always helpful when you new to the job.
Pros
Busy enviornment
Cons
not a good place to work
faa (Current Employee) –  las vegas nvJune 18, 2015
not a good place to work no opportunity to grow management is a joke you will be mistreated and harassed employees are not treated fair favoritism one of the main problems
Pros
free lunch
student housing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day was full of walking the complex checking on maintenance. Half of the day was spent filling and sending reports. Once a week had to post the schedule for maintenance, management, staff and rotation of on-call duties. Keeping up with scheduling events for current residents and to recruit future residents. Of course keeping track of rent being paid and residents' behavior was always on the list.
Pros
benefits, free rent
Cons
living on site, on duty 24-7, low pay
fashion for less
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2015
very very busy store, lots of demanding customers. Loved the fashion trends and styles we received daily. shifts go by fast because you're always busy.
Pros
you can always have the latest styles in fashion for less
Cons
10% discount only
Nice place to work
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working with all my co workers they were cooperative and well mannered. Human Resources were treating everyone equally.
Great Co-Workers
Behavioral Modification Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJuly 20, 2015
Great environment, co-workers are very helpful and skillful. Most have been in the industry for years. Your co-workers can be a great source of strength and comfort.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
okay
Medication Passer / Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 22, 2013
a typical day at work would be taking care of residents, interacting with them, very busy most of the time on your feet all day. the management isn't the very best though. The co-workers were nice but, some were very dramatic and hard to work with at times.
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
poor managmnet
Fast Paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Strongstown, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Preparation of food for the dinner rush on Wing Nights. I learned how to multi-task at cooking, serving, and dishwashing. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is done in time when your in the middle of a rush. The most enjoyable part is the relaxing environment on your down time.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
if you don't smoke the people that do smoke
don't work here
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 1, 2014
no incentive, low low pay, no extra training, poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2013
Learned a lot from this place. Fun workplace but this was the 1st job of my life and It has helped me a lot. nice people to work with and management also. this job was easy.
Pros
free food
Cons
less pay
Was an ok job when I was a teen and living with parents.
Customer Service/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2013
I didn't get any benefits I wasn't making enough income to help me move up but i did enjoy serving customers
I worked hard
Dinner Cook / Closer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 20, 2013
Dinner Cook / Closer
Cook, clean, time management, follow strict portion sizes, use pizza oven, plate, and help manage wheel, prep, communication, set up and break down of line
rude
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  La Grange Park, ILSeptember 26, 2013
all the workers were rude, the manager was never there, I was basically having to ask the other aides what I was suppose to be doing, since management was never around.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, ENGOctober 1, 2013
Get in go into the store cupboard get the cleaning products out start cleaning the tables then hoover the floors. Then go in and clean the toilets and sinks. Then clean the bar along with the pumps and mopping the floor behind the bar, then put all the cleaning stuff away.I learnt how to clean a bar and toilets properly. The manager was very nice. I worked on my own. Their wasn't a hard part of the job. Making friend with the staff and manager.
Pros
learned how to clean the pub from top to bottom