The Good Samaritan Society

The Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: medical benefits.
Cons: frequently short staffed.
I really enjoyed working at this facility, the staff and management were very professional and hard working. they were very flexible and understanding of my status as a single mom of 4 children. The pay was competitive and fair, with excellent medical benefits.

A typical day involved helping the residents with morning care and assisting them to breakfast, – more... then afterward portering some residents to appointments with physiotherapy or bath/shower . The afternoon involved helping residents to their rooms and transferring them to bed for short naps, changing disposable briefs and offering to assist to bathroom. Before our shift ended we ensured the residents with diabetic needs had their snacks, and double checked with other residents to make sure they were safe and comfortable.

I learned time management in this position, effective use of my time with residents was important. The most difficult part of the job was when we were short staffed, and then had to take on extra duties to make up for the absence.i made good friends and my co-workers were very friendly and co-operative. – less
Fun place to work at.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), The Good Samaritan SocietyMay 12, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: the culture of the organization is now changing and there is a lot of unrest between staff.
The staff at the Good Samaritan Society are a fun bunch of people to work with. They are always positive and have a great outlook to everything they tackle.

Learnt the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system and all the different aspects of a physicians workload. I found this very interesting.
Team Work, supportive
Recruitment Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Very nice team I had to work with, helpful and knowledgeable..
Truck Driver
Transport Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2013
Pros: i was valued by my clients
Cons: hard work and lousy pay
This Job was certainly different for me. I was standing most of the time shredding documents in the back of a 5 ton truck. It was very dusty and some what noisy. There was a lot of lifting which kept me in great shape. The company's client tell consisted of banks, lawyers offices and Government.
Awful management and work load.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), Penticton, BCAugust 15, 2013
Management doesn't care about staff or residents safety and health. 1 resident to 10 care aides, no help when needed. Expects 1 person to do a 2 person job but then won't take responsibility when something goes wrong.
I wouldn't recommend working here.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLNovember 21, 2013
Enjoyed the work, people, and mission. Working at the Good Samaritan's largest center with a nursing home, various apartments, assisted living, mobile homes, and guest housing was exciting and rewarding.
Team players working well together
LPN/LVN (Former Employee), Belington, WVAugust 14, 2012
everyone there was wonderful...the hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone at the same time

About The Good Samaritan Society

From our first auxiliary hospital built in 1955, The Good Samaritan Society has grown to over 54 sites and programs that serve – Read more