The Good Samaritan Society Employee Review

View all The Good Samaritan Society reviews

Fun place to work at.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Good Samaritan Society12 May 2014
The staff at the Good Samaritan Society are a fun bunch of people to work with. They are always positive and have a great outlook to everything they tackle.

Learnt the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system and all the different aspects of a physicians workload. I found this very interesting.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
The culture of the organization is now changing and there is a lot of unrest between staff.

Other The Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

LPN (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB12 December 2017
Good team work. Management listens to and supports staff professionally & personally. Positive, caring atmosphere. I like that I can drop in anytime and talk to the managers. The standards for care have really improved in the last couple of years and I’m proud of where I work now. The residents are great.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Sometimes work short
Socially Terrible Place to Work
Cook / Dietary (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC21 November 2017
I worked at GSS in Penticton for 4.5 years in support services. The residents were lovely, the staff however was a different story. This place fosters a culture of bullying, long term staff are unfriendly, unhelpful and cliquey, management plays favourites.

The hours are long but very good in that every second weekend is a three day weekend, and the money is okay - better than most locally for the same work.

That said, if you are looking for a pleasant job experience with positive support from your colleagues, think far away from this place.

Union reps are excellent and you will need them there.
Pros
Excellent union reps, decent money
Cons
staff are awful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8