The Globe and Mail

The Globe and Mail Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day in the life....
Special Events and Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: No advancement
It is a friendly fast paced environment that is changing all the time.
you need to be flexiable and willing to changes with the changing winds.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Great place to work and build strong relationships with employees and managers.
The industry is evolving and many exciting times are coming through the newspaper industry in terms of digital media.
Great product with excellent national brand recognition. Very respected!
Gérant des comptes nationaux (Former Employee), Montreal, QCFebruary 23, 2015
Effectively managed $6M portfolio, administering media sales both electronic and traditional to corporations and agencies at senior executive levels. Solicited and developed new business partnerships in all categories. Developed existing customer base, effectively meeting and exceeding identified revenue targets.
Reputable Company
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
•Providing front-line support and advice to management and employees on matters relating to recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, pension and benefits, payroll, policy interpretation and clarification
•Manage the recruitment and selection process for client groups, including job postings, interviews, and onboarding of new employees
•Provide expert HRIS support to the HR team and responsible for running specialized SAP HR reports, such as Employee Costing, Compa-Ratio, etc.
•Responsible for maintaining Organizational Management (OM) and Personnel Administration (PA) in SAP HR
•Responsible for assisting the HR Business Partners and Director of HR as required in grievance issues and meetings
•Participate in the preparation of annual Performance Appraisals and support management with calibration exercises
•Responsible for the management of large Human Resources projects, including – but not limited to – Employment and Pay Equity, SAP re-organizations, etc.
•Involved in the development of Human Resources policies by providing input and support as required
Working at The Globe
Client Solutions Specialist/Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: very open communication with my supervisor/manager
Cons: there's a ceiling to growth within circulation
The Globe and Mail has been Canada's national newspaper since 1844 -- the circulation department is a vital cog in the machine that creates high quality journalism daily. Our department very often cross-functions with the Sales/Marketing department as well as Logistics to ensure all bases are covered when it comes to consistently building our brand while managing the level of service Globe customers have come to expect.

The admin team in circ is a very small team and we are constanting putting out fires -- I love this and find it exciting because it keeps me on my toes. I am happiest when being challenged within my role and look for ways to grow constantly.
Senior Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: love working with all the great people.
Cons: all the changes
The Globe and Mail is a wonderful place to work. I learned a lot since the time I started 11 years ago. My career has changed and grown dramatically since I have begun.

Currently the hardest part is going through all the changes are that happening.

The most enjoyable part is doing my job and working with fantastic people.
An amazing Company
Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 23, 2013
When I worked at the Globe and Mail, it was an excellent working environment. The company cares about its employees and their products. Customer service was always crucial and employees were given opportunities to make decisions.
Excellent Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 4, 2012
Pros: very friendly management and staff
The Globe and Mail is one of the leading newspaper in the country.

Answering phones, Photocopying, Correspondence, Calendar Mangement for the Director and Snr. Managers, Travel Booking, Arranging Lunches, Board Room Booking, Expense Reporting, Maintaining Vacations schedules were among the routine jobs done on a day to day basis.

I enjoyed working with and for the Senior Management of Company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed the variety of work at this position as I was reporting to the Director and also supported her direct reports.

Sitting in at weekly meeting learned/got to understand the amount of work it takes to bring out a daily popular newspaper.