The Globe and Mail

The Globe and Mail Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working at The Globe
Client Solutions Specialist/Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: very open communication with my supervisor/manager
Cons: there's a ceiling to growth within circulation
The Globe and Mail has been Canada's national newspaper since 1844 -- the circulation department is a vital cog in the machine that creates high quality journalism daily. Our department very often cross-functions with the Sales/Marketing department as well as Logistics to ensure all bases are covered when it comes to consistently building our brand – more... while managing the level of service Globe customers have come to expect.

The admin team in circ is a very small team and we are constanting putting out fires -- I love this and find it exciting because it keeps me on my toes. I am happiest when being challenged within my role and look for ways to grow constantly. – less
Senior Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: love working with all the great people.
Cons: all the changes
The Globe and Mail is a wonderful place to work. I learned a lot since the time I started 11 years ago. My career has changed and grown dramatically since I have begun.

Currently the hardest part is going through all the changes are that happening.

The most enjoyable part is doing my job and working with fantastic people.
An amazing Company
Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 23, 2013
When I worked at the Globe and Mail, it was an excellent working environment. The company cares about its employees and their products. Customer service was always crucial and employees were given opportunities to make decisions.
Excellent Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 4, 2012
Pros: very friendly management and staff
The Globe and Mail is one of the leading newspaper in the country.

Answering phones, Photocopying, Correspondence, Calendar Mangement for the Director and Snr. Managers, Travel Booking, Arranging Lunches, Board Room Booking, Expense Reporting, Maintaining Vacations schedules were among the routine jobs done on a day to day basis.

I enjoyed working – more... with and for the Senior Management of Company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed the variety of work at this position as I was reporting to the Director and also supported her direct reports.

Sitting in at weekly meeting learned/got to understand the amount of work it takes to bring out a daily popular newspaper. – less