The Globe and Mail Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Inbound - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
inbound customer care
moderate to high call volume
enjoyable place to work
pleasant and helpful employees
productive and fun place to work
technologically advanced
One of the best places I have ever worked
Manager, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Working at the Globe and Mail was challenging and fun. A typical work day consisted of management of 37 staff members with diverse backgrounds. All were amazing to work with. I keep in touch with all of them today.
The publisher is well respected which made it easy to interact with him at all levels.
Pros
Great atmosphere; open to new ideas; great people at all levels
Cons
I can't think of any
Company viewed itself as the "gold standard"
Archivist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2016
I was happy to work for a company that held itself to high standards and I did my best to help maintain those standards. The enhancing/archiving job suited my personality of being accurate and paying attention to detail - the same personality traits that were called for in my previous work as a copy editor and proofreader.
Pros
Night differential pay
Cons
Lack of job security due to faltering newspaper industry
Overall a productive and enjoyable experience.
Senior Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 June 2015
The original team that I started working in the Accounts Payable Department with were well organized and dedicated to completing the tasks at hand.

Our manager and supervisor had the ability to make different personalities be able to work as one unit, with no one feeling left out.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks (daily) for the staff.
Cons
Restructuring of the team due to economic times.
A day in the life....
Special Events and Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2015
It is a friendly fast paced environment that is changing all the time.
you need to be flexiable and willing to changes with the changing winds.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No advancement
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2015
Great place to work and build strong relationships with employees and managers.
The industry is evolving and many exciting times are coming through the newspaper industry in terms of digital media.
Great product with excellent national brand recognition. Very respected!
Gérant des comptes nationaux (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC23 February 2015
Effectively managed $6M portfolio, administering media sales both electronic and traditional to corporations and agencies at senior executive levels. Solicited and developed new business partnerships in all categories. Developed existing customer base, effectively meeting and exceeding identified revenue targets.
Reputable Company
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2014
•Providing front-line support and advice to management and employees on matters relating to recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, pension and benefits, payroll, policy interpretation and clarification
•Manage the recruitment and selection process for client groups, including job postings, interviews, and onboarding of new employees
•Provide expert HRIS support to the HR team and responsible for running specialized SAP HR reports, such as Employee Costing, Compa-Ratio, etc.
•Responsible for maintaining Organizational Management (OM) and Personnel Administration (PA) in SAP HR
•Responsible for assisting the HR Business Partners and Director of HR as required in grievance issues and meetings
•Participate in the preparation of annual Performance Appraisals and support management with calibration exercises
•Responsible for the management of large Human Resources projects, including – but not limited to – Employment and Pay Equity, SAP re-organizations, etc.
•Involved in the development of Human Resources policies by providing input and support as required
Working at The Globe
Client Solutions Specialist/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2013
The Globe and Mail has been Canada's national newspaper since 1844 -- the circulation department is a vital cog in the machine that creates high quality journalism daily. Our department very often cross-functions with the Sales/Marketing department as well as Logistics to ensure all bases are covered when it comes to consistently building our brand while managing the level of service Globe customers have come to expect.

The admin team in circ is a very small team and we are constanting putting out fires -- I love this and find it exciting because it keeps me on my toes. I am happiest when being challenged within my role and look for ways to grow constantly.
Pros
Very open communication with my supervisor/manager
Cons
There's a ceiling to growth within Circulation
Senior Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2013
The Globe and Mail is a wonderful place to work. I learned a lot since the time I started 11 years ago. My career has changed and grown dramatically since I have begun.

Currently the hardest part is going through all the changes are that happening.

The most enjoyable part is doing my job and working with fantastic people.
Pros
Love working with all the great people.
Cons
all the changes

Want to know more about The Globe and Mail?

Ask a question
An amazing Company
Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 March 2013
When I worked at the Globe and Mail, it was an excellent working environment. The company cares about its employees and their products. Customer service was always crucial and employees were given opportunities to make decisions.
Excellent Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 May 2012
The Globe and Mail is one of the leading newspaper in the country.

Answering phones, Photocopying, Correspondence, Calendar Mangement for the Director and Snr. Managers, Travel Booking, Arranging Lunches, Board Room Booking, Expense Reporting, Maintaining Vacations schedules were among the routine jobs done on a day to day basis.

I enjoyed working with and for the Senior Management of Company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed the variety of work at this position as I was reporting to the Director and also supported her direct reports.

Sitting in at weekly meeting learned/got to understand the amount of work it takes to bring out a daily popular newspaper.
Pros
very friendly management and staff