Being part of The Globe and Mail team, Canada's #1 National newspaper requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to customer service in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Demonstrating these values in the workplace everyday is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. We are currently looking to engage a Logistics and Distribution Admin Specialist in our Operations Department. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
This hybrid role which provides Provincial support (outside of ONT) in a wide range of administration support, including budgets/payroll, project based work, logistic reporting every other Saturday, Monday’s and Holidays to supervisors and management which is essential to the day-to-day delivery to our customers.
Back up reporting and customer development-support for the logistics team on every other Saturday/Holiday/Monday : Support Regional Branch Logistics Supervisors on delivery status to include:
- Prepare and generate, monitor morning and afternoon delivery status reports in markets Canada wide except ONT.
- Support Router Work development and Geo-mapping if required for customer delivery
- Other duties as assigned
- Projects to support process improvement – working cross functionally with other departments
- Support Logistics Manager in annual budget preparation to include current expense analysis anticipated yearly budgeting etc.
- Monthly regional expense accruals preparation
- AP/AR Operational expense investigations for Regional Provinces
- Support Procurement group in Business Partner distribution re-alignment strategies to include: Blueprinting, cost per copy analysis etc. in the regional provinces outside of ONT.
- Backup support to provide Payroll execution for the department
- Post-secondary education in a business related field would be an asset
- Minimum of 6 years logistics, administration, budgeting and project based work
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently / project management
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of BW and SAP would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Interested applicants should forward a soft copy of a current resume, in confidence.
Please quote the posting code 2013-024 at the top of your resume or in your cover letter.
The Globe and Mail Inc. is dedicated to equity in the workplace.