Group Sales Representative
The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre, an AHLA 2013 Employer of Choice is looking to hire an experienced Group Sales Representative who is eager to join a positive and outgoing Sales & Marketing team and is looking for an excellent opportunity for professional development. Competitive wages and a great benefits program for those who grow with the company. Please reply with your resume.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Group Sales Representative will oversee the development of a successful group program, while promoting a sales orientated environment. Working with the senior management of the hotel; the position will be responsible for generating hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups. Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals, collecting/reporting on data and suggest recommendations for group room revenue growth.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Analyze the performance of the hotel, the area market and competitors (past performance & forecast)
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and leisure increases of room sales
- Directs the scheduling of group activities at the hotel level and coordinates with the Operations Manager to provide exceptional customer service.
- Develops and maintains a hotel-level sales plan in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Follow the trends of the area market and the competitors in terms of group, tour and team activity in order to improve the future booking and sales strategies
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining accountability for contracting, and communication
- Work with Reservations to create and manage group yield blocks
- Act as a support to the Director of Sales & Marketing in the preparation of the annual revenue budget
- Responds quickly to guest requests and inquiries in a friendly, professional manner.
- Must willing to travel and attend trade show and other marketing opportunities
- Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales and marketing department, including assisting with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Able to identify upcoming events and long term prospects via contacts and web based searches.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Maintain relationships with peers at area hotels, and affiliated businesses
- Hotel Management or Sales & Marketing degree or diploma an asset.
- Previous hospitality experience required, with a focus on sales
- Proven attention to detail, and strong analytical skills required
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Computer literacy; proficiency in MS Office (in particular Excel), P.M.S. & P.O.S. systems required.
- Knowledge of RoomMaster P.M.S. an asset.
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and guest service skills.
- Proven track record of team building and facilitation of goal accomplishment.
Indeed - 14 months ago
The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre Hotel Calgary is a 3.5 star property conveniently located in the corporate corner of Calgary's...