The Floor Manger is the heart of the management team – motivating and coaching our front of house team, running stellar shifts, and ensuring each of our guests has an unparalleled experience.
Everybody is somebody at the Giggle Dam, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success! Therefore you are responsible for a ton worth of FUN and a team that is worth twice that! You get to work with a talented group of Managers, Cast Members and Employees and you are responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, developing and retaining the “best of the best.”
Our business is Friday and Saturday nights, some Sundays, some Special Events and holidays as well as 6 nights a week for 6 weeks at Christmas and our Managers know that is our nich. You are also expected to be in the office on Monday’s working on your administrative duties.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
You will be an outstanding Floor Manager if you:
- Love working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted Restaurant/Entertainment scene!
- Are able to communicate to the Employees and Guests in a way that inspires FUN!
- Maintain proper inventories, ensure compliance with proper cash control procedures and complete related accounting and administrative reports accurately.
- Create a well maintained, safe, secure, and sanitary environment for all Giggle Dam guests and staff.
- Are great with numbers and can balance a night sheet at the blink of an eye!
- Put out a lot of fires and swallow a lot of pride.
- Can live, love and embrace the Giggle Dam culture!
And, because we expect you to “Act like you own it” your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever-popular “other duties as assigned.”
Experience, Talent and Education:
- Minimum 3 years Hospitality experience
- Minimum one year Restaurant Management / Leadership experience
- Knowledgeable in Micros POS Systems
- Serving it Right Certification
- Reliable Transportation
- Excellent leadership and strong Guest Services experience
- Very detailed and accurate financial accounting abilities
- Degree from a post-secondary restaurant management or hospitality program is desirable
- A high level of initiative, sound decision making and problem solving
- Time management and deadline oriented with the ability to multitask
Legal makes us say this…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required. Work in a noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions. Move about facility and stand for long periods of time. Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that “Legal” is over, how could you not want to work here!
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team please send your cover letter and resume to us via email.
Thanking you in advance for your application - only qualified candidates will be contacted.