The Gazette

The Gazette Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good night job
Delivery (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2014
Cons: late night hours
This job was usually done through 2am until 6am. It taught me how to memorize things as I have to remember all the houses I deliver by heart and I was able to learn how to save time by finding the perfect route for me to go with to deliver all the newspaper on time.
Very creative workplace
Advisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 21, 2013
I have enjoyed working for The Gazette,although call center is not a place I would like to work for.
This was a fun and challanging place to work.
Freelance Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2014
ADP was a great company and I enjoyed the challange of being in direct sales as well and managing my own time. My co-workers were all young and driven. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compensated for my hard work through a base salary/commission platform. The hardest part of the job was the stress of always having to hit my numbers, but – more... I did it. – less
fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 5, 2014
Nice people, very busy environment. Typical day very busy. Management very friendly.
Work was enjoyable
Machine Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: you got benefits
Cons: to much gossip
Having a good group of people to work around is great. Production got done when everyone worked together.
Good Place Overall
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2013
Pros: was overall enjoyable and challenging
Cons: newspapers are in a declining state
Job was Challenging, Tested you skills and creativity, Worked their for 37 years, every day was different meeting tight production deadlines, overcoming many obstacles, challenged the mind and skills, had many great people over the years,
Struggling Industry
Regional Director of Information Technology (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 24, 2013
Pros: fairly flexible work rules.
Cons: internal communication seemed to be a struggle.
The Gazette benefitted from being acquired by Clarity Media in late 2012.
Multi-Media Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment, great management, excellent work hours and benefits
Cons: very little room for advancement opportunities
The Colorado Springs Gazette is a great place to work. This is a caring company that takes pride in their employees. The Gazette has a warm family atmosphere and strong reputation in the community.
Good working environment and everything stays the same.
Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2012
Afther working there for four years it was a really good job. i started at 7.50 an hour at sixteen and made it to 9.50 when I turned eighteen. I had madical, dental,and a 401k. In the next two years i was able to make it to 12.50 an hour. overall it was a great job when i worked there.
What I do?
Carrier (Current Employee), colorado springs, coloradoNovember 3, 2012
Pros: it is only for a few hours a night
Cons: pay sucks for the most part and i have to work sevan days a week
I go in at anout midnight and get all my papers that need to be delivered ready and rolled up and load everything in the car and on I go to deliverly them to all the right places.
Good experience
Copy editor (Former Employee), Medina, OhioAugust 29, 2012
Read wire stories. Paginated pages with these stories.

Read local copy.
Not a good place to work for Creative Professionals
Lead Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2011
Pros: ok benefits. (only saving grace.)
Cons: poor compensation, no raises, no advancement, uncaring management, biased political & religious agenda
I worked for this company for three years while it was primarily newspaper-focused. Management continually told the graphic designers they are easily replaced. Also strong conservative Republican, and Conservative Christian, values actively promoted (in the company culture as well as the publication itself). Yet as the only newspaper in town, still – more... claimed to be "unbiased in its journalism". – less
une nuit a the gazette
expéditrice (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bon salaire
Cons: le plan ferme alors perte emploi
on arrive,on ouvre les palettes pour le lendemain soir.
quand la presse démarre on se place ;1)les desk ,on prend un paquet de circulaire on le met dans le desk qui va se relié dans un drum pour allé sur la ligne se faire attaché.
il a lordinateur que faut mettre dans de paquet dans une chute et la personne soccupe du nombres de paquet désire.
le stamping – more... ;est de mettre des autocollant sur chaque journal pour ensuite lattaché et lexpédié a qui de droit .
il y a des soir que les paquet sont pesant

ce qui est agréable sest que nous avions une rotation alors a chaque soir sa pouvait etre différent – less

The Gazette Photos