Since 2005 you have seen our brand throughout the Calgary marketplace. During that time we have become the fastest growing privately owned waste removal and recycling services company in the city of Calgary. Our success is largely attributed to a simple philosophy … Employee Focused - Customer Driven. While we are proud of our past accomplishments, we are more excited about what’s yet to come! In 2014 THE GARBAGE COMPANY became part of GFL Environmental, a diversified environmental services company providing solid waste, liquid waste and soil remediation services across Canada. BY joining forces with GFL, we can now offer our employees greater opportunities than ever before. To help achieve our goals, we are currently looking for an outstanding individual that shares our vision for success and passion for excellence.
The Dispatcher position with GFL is responsible for performing all key dispatch functions including route planning and scheduling, real time dispatch, operational analysis, customer communication, problem resolution and driver check-ins. Because the Dispatcher provides a “critical role” in achieving our customer satisfaction targets, this position establishes the public impression of GFL and becomes a reflection of who we are and what we stand for.
Who are we Looking For
We are looking for an experienced and outgoing individual with a strong customer satisfaction focus. The dynamic individual will be highly organized and confident in their ability to communicate effectively with both drivers and customers. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and embrace the opportunity to resolve difficult scheduling challenges. This same individual looks forward to participating in a ground floor opportunity that encourages the free exchange of ideas in pursuit of continuous improvement.
What we Offer
- A fast paced fun environment built on the foundation of honesty, trust, respect and caring
- Competitive base salary
- Tailored benefit programs
- Company sponsored RRSP program
- Comprehensive training
- Career opportunities with advancement potential
- A brand to be proud of with your ideas and contributions appreciated
Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job and excel with GFL.
- Responsible individual with high energy and a positive attitude
- Clean professional image and sense of pride that promotes a positive team spirit
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving / logistical analysis skills
- Team player that is supportive of company drivers and co-workers
- Two (2) years previous trucking coordination experience, Dispatch or Customer Service
- High School or post-secondary education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with proficient use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset
Please reply to this job posting and include a copy of your resume.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Our hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. GFL Environmental does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Only those individuals that best meet the stated qualifications will be contacted for further consideration.