About the Company
The Foray Group has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Specialist. The position is available for a 1 year Maternity Leave contract. The Foray Group is a privately held group of companies that since 1975 has been actively involved in Making a Lasting Difference in the Lives of Children. The Foray Group has a diverse portfolio of business that includes private education, early childhood education, temporary staffing placement and food services.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for collaborating with all 5 operating divisions as well as the parent company and managing each of their Marketing initiatives. If you are a creative Marketing professional looking for a role that truly capitalizes on your strengths and allows you to develop effective marketing strategies then this is the role for you.
- Support strategic initiatives by working with Managers to build marketing plans and tactics that raise awareness, build the brand, increase visibility and ultimately drive lead generation for the Foray divisions
- Identify creative ways to deliver high impact key messages to target audiences for each division
- Provide sound recommendations on all marketing pieces. Support your recommendations with data you’ve gathered, any past or current learning and action plans
- Work with Managers to assess Marketing needs for each division
- Achieve consistent messaging, imaging, branding, and deliver strong customer centric messaging.
- Provide creative, fresh, brand supportive marketing pieces.
- Maintain ownership of all projects and move them forward according to project timelines
- Identify improvements to processes; make recommendations and implement improvement plans once approved
- Apply appropriate metrics and oversee channel analytics, analyzing and optimizing the performance of our marketing efforts over time
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships and support internal and external stakeholders to develop program-specific marketing and communications plans
- Identify short and long-term goals and opportunities in marketing and communications, with a keen eye for successfully turning these opportunities into actionable plans.
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- University Degree or College diploma in Marketing
- Post graduate education in Communications is an asset
- Must have 3-5 years professional experience in marketing
- Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in an extremely environment
- Superb written communication skills including: impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders, suggest alternatives, and work towards win/win results based on the collaboration
- Knowledge of writing/communication strategies and tactics (Facebook vs. blog; website vs. press release) and how to optimize for SEO
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple priorities and meeting several, often movable, deadlines under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Someone who thinks big picture but with a strong attention to detail.
- Confidence to independently execute on project initiatives after initial direction is set
- Strong portfolio of successful marketing initiatives
- Knowledge and experience with design software and marketing software is an asset
- Well-developed creativity and innovation skills
- Well-developed communication oral and written,
- Well-developed negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Passion for understanding the needs of the client/division
- Subject matter expert who can take ownership and accountability
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects
- Confident yet teachable and coachable and open to feedback
- Proven success in planning and launching programs, and building on existing ones.
- Solid grasp and presence within the Social Media frontier (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.)
- Proven ability to multi-task, with high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience with branding
- Open-minded and able to use constructive feedback
- You possess a flair for writing, a keen understanding of successful communication strategies and are looking for a challenging, multifaceted role in which you’ll be called upon to be both a leader and a doer.
- Driving for Results
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal Communication
- Roll up the sleeves attitude
This role is cross-divisional and will require the Marketing Specialist to manage Marketing Initiatives with all of our divisions. Please visit our websites for further information about our businesses.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank you for your interest.Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago