Reporting to the General Manager, the Restaurant Supervisor will work to maximize customer satisfaction and restaurant profitability by supervising the restaurant’s front of house service and support teams. Represent the restaurant, its reputation and commitment to exceptional food, wines and service that goes beyond the customer’s expectation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, motivate and supervise staff to ensure star performance and quality service standards are achieved
- Help with restaurant set up, ensure proper staffing levels
- Conduct daily pre-service meeting
- Monitor staff performance, ensure standards are adhered to
- Monitor coupon, void, promo procedures etc. - ensure all sales are recorded
- Assist service staff during service
- Record maintenance issues in the repair log book
- Take personal care of VIP’s with confidence and class
- Meet new customers, increase regular customer base
- Anticipate problems before they happen, handle guest complaints
- Help with orientation, training and coaching of service staff
- Open and close the restaurant and perform daily reports
- Ensure that tools used are properly cleaned and maintained, side duties being completed daily by team
- Participation in Department Head meetings
- Assist the Assistant General Manager with the beverage program, providing assistance and holding bar staff accountable, and that the bar is fully stocked and cleaned
- Provide input into budgeting and forecasting for department
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- High school diploma and/or a degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-5 years full-time experience working in a restaurant environment, preference given to those with restaurant managerial experience, and especially to those with who have beverage experience
- Serving It Right and Food Safe Certification
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess very high motivational skills and the ability to lead the team with little supervision
- Must be comfortable with change and to stay focused dealing with many interruptions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and enthusiasm, and to celebrate success
- Will recognize and reward top performance, is approachable, caring and considerate
- Able to work flexible hours as the business dictates, weekends, nights, days
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Apply by 6 August 2013
*Please note that this is a seasonal position and we will be conducting rolling interviews.
No phone calls, please.*
Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept...