The Firelight Group is searching for an Executive Director for our growing and dynamic socially responsible business.
Location: Victoria, BC
Position type: Full-time Employee
Reporting to: Board of Directors Management Committee
Salary range: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Application deadline: May 4, 2014
Position start date: As soon as possible
The Firelight Group Research Cooperative (the Firelight Group, www.thefirelightgroup.com) is a research consultancy providing community-based research and technical support services in Canada and beyond. We work with communities to undertake high-quality, evidence-based research that is respectful and respected by others, to help our clients move forward with their objectives. We have a growing team of approximately 30 people across our offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Haida Gwaii
The Executive Director will work with the board of directors on managing the organizational operations and administration, developing and implementing new policies and procedures, and strategic planning. He or she will be responsible for working with the Board, Project Managers, and Finance Manager on program management, resource allocation, HR, and quality assurance. The successful candidate will help build and maintain a strong staff team in the context of a dynamic and growing service delivery business. Strong leadership and team-building skills are a must and experience working with a Board of Directors is required.
Job duties include:
- Human resource management, planning, and team-building
- Program management (oversee timelines, budgets, and resources for many large projects across a broad
range of clients and geographic areas with tight timelines)
- Provide briefings to the board on organizational status
- Develop and implement company polices and organizational procedures, provide detailed recommendations, and manage implementation strategies
- Oversee annual budget planning cycle and assist Finance Manager and Project Managers with collections and risk management
- Participate in strategic planning and business planning
- Background in HR, and building and managing teams
- Experience with managing programs across multiple clients, geographies, and projects
- Experience managing annual budgets over $1 million
- Ability to work in a fast-paced virtual environment
- Experience working with aboriginal communities an asset
- Experience with dynamic business growth an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be able to legally work full-time in Canada.