The Fifth Option Consulting Inc., a strategic human resource management firm in Vancouver, Canada has been retained by a rapidly expanding BC based company to find a new Accounting Manager.
Position Highlights – Accounting Manager
- Reports to the Controller
- Based Greater Vancouver
- Supervises a small team of accounting personnel
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Accounting diploma, accounting designation or at least 3rd year of accounting designation
- Previous experience working in the construction sector ideal, or in sectors with large, complex unique projects such as mining, power/energy, and oil and gas sectors
- At least 3 years supervisory experience with excellent interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Works well to a deadline and can meet work requirements within established timelines
- Strong understanding of internal controls related to accounting and payroll
- Familiar with union payroll and CRA payroll rules
- Able to motivate a team to produce high quality results in a very busy environment and to also work well independently
- Organized and efficient with excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Accurate data entry skills and solid attention to detail
- Strong business savvy
- Experience with ERP systems with modules for fixed assets, equipment, payroll and general ledger
- Adept with various accounting applications and learns new software quickly/easily
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of products including strong MS Excel skills
- Able to work efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy, sometimes in high pressure or time sensitive situations.
Position responsible for accounting for: fixed assets; mobile equipment; intercompany accounts; cash; prepaid expenses; deposits; payroll withholdings and liabilities and other accruals.
- Maintaining, analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Analyzing and reconciling payroll accounts and liaising with payroll staff
- Setting up and recording fixed asset acquisitions, disposals and transfers
- Reconciling the fixed asset ledger to the General Ledger
- Calculating, recording and reconciling monthly depreciation
- Calculating, recording and reconciling loan interest
- Recording, balancing and reconciling intercompany transactions and accounts
- Completing other related assignments, as required.
Role offers a competitive remuneration package including base salary and employee benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume through this website to the attention of K. Read. For questions, feel free to call (604) 659-1300 extension 7. Thank you for choosing The Fifth Option Consulting Inc. as part of your job search.
Indeed - 4 months ago