INTEGRATED PROJECT MANAGER
Our client is a top performing division of a worldwide leader in the development of lighting and controls solutions for both professional and consumer markets.
The company's success is driven by technology, innovation, quality, product design, sales and marketing, executed by a group of passionate and entrepreneurial industry professionals working on new and exciting products that benefit people and the environment.
As the Integrated Project Manager (IPM) for their BC location, you will be responsible for the End-to-END managing of projects to develop a product, technology, system or solution related to Lighting from the initial start until the introduction in the Market or until internal company delivery. The IPM prepares and carries out projects of varying size/scope in a multi-discipline area in accordance with agreed upon conditions on specification, time, cost and quality.
- Manage projects through their lifecycle and responsible for implementation and realization of the project plan.
- Develop, get agreement and carry out the project plan including scope, specification, schedule & budget, in consultation with management.
- Ensure requirements and business case are defined, completed and approved.
- Organize resources to be used on the project; establish team responsibilities and provide operational guidance, both technically and organizationally.
- Define the risks of the project (specs, costs, planning) and develop scenarios to overcome these risks.
- Provide project performance status updates, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions to senior management and project members.
- Ensure there is an effective transfer and archiving of project results and associated knowledge.
Report on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal.
- Manages internal and external stakeholders.
- Deploy process improvements and make project organization efficient and transparent, in line with departmental and project processes.
- Develop and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for monitoring of project status.
- Ensure project adherence to companys’ Integrated Product Development (IPD) process.
- University Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical or Optical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing, design or engineering environment
Minimum 3 years of experience in project management with demonstrated project management skills including project planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with a Canadian Professional Engineering Association would be considered an asset
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Proven leadership experience with strong time management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficient at using MS Office including MS Project and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of lighting and familiarity with applicable lighting safety standards (UL & CSA) & electrical code would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks & AutoCAD would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes (e.g. sheet metal, welding, die casting, assembly and plastic forming) would be considered an asset
Highly motivated self-starter requiring minimal direction but must be willing to seek guidance when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor, work independently & in a cross-functional team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, R&D you will be part of a team of 8 people and will be based out of the BC facility.
Company offers Negotiable Salary + Comprehensive Benefits Package