Our client is an International Leader in Metal Recycling.
Through steady growth they have created a need for an Operations Analyst.
The Operations Analyst reports to the Regional Director. The Operations Analyst will facilitate continuous improvement activities of the operations, commercial and other departments throughout the assigned region. You are responsible for compliance with company policies and procedures. You will work with the Regional Director to develop, define, and track operational and improvement metrics geared at driving sustainable improvement in the core competencies of the organization. You will work closely with the Regional Director and General Manager(s) to ensure every department in the organization is measuring and improving its performance against agreed goals and sharing best practices and comparable metrics. Your functions as a resource for the department managers using his/her analytical skills to help them achieve their performance goals. You must apply assertiveness, and use organizational and communication skills to lead meetings, have a thorough understanding of production cost analysis, and the ability to interface with a wide range of individuals in various levels of management.
- Assesses adequacy of current operations by identifying and analyzing business requirements and operations; conducting performance studies; interviewing and conferring with operations personnel.
- Determines performance measures by identifying key business metrics; conducting benchmarking initiatives; developing and calibrating analytical, estimating, forecasting, financial, and operational models.
- Identifies opportunities for operational improvements by analyzing current operations; preparing cost/benefit analyses; developing business cases; recommending process improvement priorities.
- Supports process improvement programs by providing continuing measurements, analyses, and recommendations; developing new business models; identifying low-cost designs, materials, processes, and sources; evaluating new technologies.
- Maintains operations guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepares operations performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains organization's advantage by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Operations Research, Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Financial Software, Informing Others, Automotive Manufacturing
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or additional related fields.
Working knowledge of cost accounting is helpful. 5-10 years prior experience "on the shop floor" leading improvement activities, preferably in a similar matrix management role desired.
This position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to operate an automobile.
We offer competitive pay a great benefits package including Health, Dental, STD, LTD and RRSP