Our client is an established manufacturing company undergoing steady growth. They require a Manufacturing Engineer who will be the focal point for shop support and cross-mentoring the Mechanical Technologists. Also responsible for technical problem solving, using expertise to determine machined allowances and will lead special projects as necessary
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements for fabrication, machining and assembly.
- Determine machining allowances.
- Mark-up detail drawings or sketches to aid in parts fabrication by welding, machining and assembly shops.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly. Review drafting techniques and procedures with Project Managers and Production Support Supervisor and coordinate corrections.
- Inspect lines and figures for clarity and produce DCN’s to forward to the designer for correction when necessary.
- Determine the derivative data requirements (DXF, STP, Drawings etc) to produce the part.
- Determine the processes to produce a part.
- Create travelers for all manufactured and assembled product.
- Participate in make/buy reviews.
- Leads special projects as required.
- Cross-mentors Mechanical Technologists.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Specifying Technical Requirements -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, machined, assembled, or modified.
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- The ideal candidate should be creative, inquisitive, analytical, and detail oriented. With the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving – Uses mathematics to solve problems. Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people and the process.
- Communication: --
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and on drawings.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Computer Software --
- 3D CAD - Proficient in Catia, SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor.
- 2D CAD - Proficient in AutoCAD or equivalent.
- MS Office - Proficient in MS Excel.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Strong database knowledge desirable
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Company offers Negotiable Salary + Comprehensive Benefits + RRSP
Indeed - 12 months ago