The Fifth Option Consulting Inc., a strategic human resource management firm in Vancouver, Canada has been retained by a dynamic, stable and rapidly growing global firm to find a new Production Accountant to meet its growing business needs.
Position Highlights – Production Accountant
- Reports to office General Manager
- Based in Montreal, Quebec
- At least 3 years of accounting/finance experience, ideally as a production accountant.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or financial designation (CGA, CMA, CA or CFA)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. ability to use macro’s and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- High level of comfort in working with and interpreting complex financial models
- Very organized and efficient with ability to work on numerous, changing projects
- Ability liaise with stakeholders at all levels both across Canada and internationally
- Previous experience working in creative, artistic or high technology sectors is an asset
- Completely fluent in French and English (verbal/written) with strong interpersonal skills.
The main duties of this position include developing forecasts for multiple projects, monitoring actual production costs and providing financial support to various Production Leads. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Develop weekly project cost reports with timesheet data & estimated man hours per dept
- Provide weekly cost and estimated profit variance analysis by project
- Work with management to improve systems for cost monitoring/control
- Assist with bids, change order creation and change order tracking.
- Provide regular revenue estimates by project. Work with Finance to estimate revenues/mo.
- Ensure consistent use of tracking instruments across projects and departments
- Weekly reporting of project P&L, salary budgets, and other analysis as required.
- Liaise with management of other Canadian office and with global head office.
This is a contract position with the potential to develop into a permanent role for the right candidate. Remuneration package includes base salary and employee benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of K. Read. For questions, feel free to call (604) 659-1300 extension 7. Thank you for choosing The Fifth Option Consulting Inc. as part of your job search.
The Fifth Option is a strategic Human Resource consulting firm with over 20 years of success helping companies run more profitably through...