The Fifth Option Consulting Inc., a strategic human resource management firm in Vancouver, Canada has been retained by a rapidly growing international company seeking to find a new Production Accountant to meet its growing business needs. This position reports to the General Manager and is located in Montreal.
- 3 to 5 yrs accounting/finance experience, ideally with experience as production accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or professional designation (CGA, CMA, CA or CFA)
- Exceptional Excel skills with solid ability to use macro’s and pivot tables
- Strong analytic, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Familiar and comfortable with utilizing and interpreting complex financial models
- Highly organized and efficient with proven ability to work on numerous, changing projects
- Experience working with stakeholders at all organizational levels in an international firm
- Previous experience in the high tech sector or in a creative/artistic environment
- Complete fluency in written and verbal French and English
- Strong communication and people skills.
The main duties of this position including developing forecasts for multiple projects, monitoring actual production costs and providing financial support to various Production Leads. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Developing project cost reports weekly based on timesheet data supplemented by estimated man hours sourced from various departments
- Providing weekly cost and estimated profit variance analysis by project
- Working with management to improve systems for cost monitoring/control
- Assisting with bids, change order creation and change order tracking.
- Providing regular revenue estimates by project. Working with Finance to develop monthly estimated revenues
- Ensuring consistent use of tracking instruments across projects and departments
- Weekly reporting of project P&L, salary budgets, and other analysis as required.
- Liaising with management of other Canadian office and with global head office.
This is a contract position with the potential to develop into a permanent role for the right candidate. Remuneration package includes base salary and employee benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of K. Read. For questions, feel free to call (604) 659-1300 extension 7. Thank you for choosing The Fifth Option Consulting Inc. as part of your job search.
The Fifth Option is a strategic Human Resource consulting firm with over 20 years of success helping companies run more profitably through...