The Fifth Option Consulting Inc., a strategic human resource management firm, is seeking a Human Resources Manager for its client, a dynamic, innovative, rapidly growing entertainment sector company with several locations in key centres worldwide.
Position Highlights – Human Resources - Montreal
- Montreal location in a creative, fast-paced culture.
- Over 10 years in business, with locations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Reports to the Head of HR for Canada.
- Oversees a small team of HR professionals.
- Five to seven years experience in Human Resources, including at least 1 to 2 years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or relevant, equivalent work experience.
- Strong leadership skills including solid abilities to work with multiple stakeholders, influence senior management, and juggle multiple priorities in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices and strong understanding of provincial labour standards and legislation.
- Prior experience working in a creative or technology-driven business is an asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills is mandatory.
- Must be fluent in both French and English (verbal and written).
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Understanding of immigration issues and residency requirements.
- Background working in an international or multi-location company is a strong asset.
- Lead, manage, motivate and mentor the management and human resources team, developing the skills and abilities required to achieve targets. Promote a collaborative culture where HR best practices are an integral part of the decision making process.
- Implement change management strategies that facilitate rapid growth while maintaining employee satisfaction and loyalty and fostering a positive work environment.
- Identify training and development goals and ensure effective implementation of training initiatives, particularly in-house training programs.
- Confidently communicate key information to multiple stakeholders assertively yet with diplomacy.
- Effectively manage employee relations and deal with complex HR employee issues. Promote and communicate company best practices, ensuring and enforcing alignment with policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure labour costs remain within allocated labour budgets. Work collaboratively with other members of the international HR group to ensure that the company’s compensation and benefits approach is aligned with market trends.
This role offers a competitive remuneration package and benefits. Enjoy this exciting opportunity with a unique organization by submitting your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word to Katherine Read at The Fifth Option Consulting. Phone enquiries are welcome at (604) 659-1300 extension 7.