The Fifth Option Consulting Inc., a strategic human resource management firm in Vancouver, Canada has been retained by a dynamic and rapidly growing global company to find a new Controller to direct and manage the firm’s accounting functions. Working closely with the corporate finance team and the Vancouver senior management team, the ideal candidate will be skilled in their field, and have excellent communication skills with the ability to interpret complex data and discuss comfortably with team members and management.
Position Highlights – Controller
- Based in the Vancouver Lower Mainland
- Reports to Corporate Finance and the General Manager
- Oversees a small team in Vancouver.
- 5 years management accounting experience in a supervisory role
- Professional designation (CGA, CMA or CA), or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Previous experience working with a global organization
- Solid accounting knowledge and strong financial analytical, interpretation & problem solving skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel with ability to develop and utilize complex financial models and use macros and pivot tables
- Previous experience with project budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative team player able to work well with multiple stakeholders and departments
- Solid business acumen, organized and efficient, and able to work independently, making well-informed decisions in a fast paced, multi-project environment
- Experience with Great Plains for financial reporting would be an asset
- Experience working in a privately owned organization, reporting to a parent corporation
- Occasional travel may be required.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Conducting financial analysis and modeling
- Cost accounting, including verifying cost allocations according to company procedures, and analyzing , interpreting & communicating cost & expense variance to management
- Preparing and verifying financial statements
- Preparing and verifying internal financial reports
- Controlling and validating data on “Work In Progress”
- Preparing the monthly forecast and annual budget
- Assisting with preparation of financial plans and budgets
- Developing and analyzing financial reports
- Managing the period end process
- Evaluating borrowing structures to ensure competitive funding costs
- Overseeing credits applied to clients
- Handling P & L reconciliation
- Supporting Corporate team with fiscal audit process as needed
- Monitoring contractor payments, services, parts etc.
- Working with Corporate to maintain internal control systems to safeguard assets and support corporate growth
- Ensuring that proper accounting records are maintained for all assets, liabilities and transactions
- Scrutinizing financial information on a daily basis and meeting all financial deadlines
- Key member of the financial team, providing an important review of corporate performance from a financial perspective, and communicating effectively with senior management on all such matters.
Role offers a competitive remuneration package including base salary and employee benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of Katherine Read. Please note “Controller Position - Global Firm” in the subject line of your email. For questions, feel free to call (604) 659-1300 extension 7. Thank you for choosing The Fifth Option Consulting Inc. as part of your job search.
Indeed - 16 months ago
The Fifth Option is a strategic Human Resource consulting firm with over 20 years of success helping companies run more profitably through...