The Fath Group requires an HR Advisor to be responsible for providing clerical and technical support in areas such as recruiting, hiring, and training. He/she will gather information on employee training, skills, wages, promotions and general work history, and keep accurate, up to date and complete records and forms. The HR Advisor must perform a range of duties supporting divisional managers and Head Office staff. The duties consist of policies, training, relocation, diversity, education, recruiting and other HR programs. Provide resolutions and consulting in the above areas to contribute to profitable business operations.
The Fath Group offers competitive wages and benefits, a fast-paced work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified applicants should address contact to Michael Johnstone.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing clerical and technical support in such areas as recruiting, hiring, compensation, and benefits. He/she will gather information on employee training, skills, wages, promotions and general work history. Clerical work will include filing of correspondence, invoices, receipts and other records in alphabetical, numerical or any other required ordering system. The HR Generalist shall locate and remove materials from files when requested. Other responsibilities include the preparation of incoming and outgoing mail for distribution and the keeping of accurate, up to date and complete records and forms. The Human Resources Generalist must perform a range of duties supporting divisional managers and HR staff. The duties consist of policies, training, relocation, diversity, education, recruiting and other HR programs. Provide resolutions and consulting in the above areas to ensure profitable business operations.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Provide assistance with clerical and technical support for HR activities
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete personnel records
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- Locate filed materials upon request, ensuring that materials are given only to authorized users
- Develop and manage recruitment procedures, job postings, and advertising.
- Eliminate unnecessary or outdated materials, destroying them or transferring them to inactive storage according to file maintenance / legal guidelines
- Communicate to internal stakeholders in Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
- Perform interviews, screens, and recruit for entry level, professional and technical job openings.
- Ensure the compatibility of applicants to job positions.
- Recommend, develop and maintain HR data bases, and manual filing systems.
- Develop and provide recommendations for policies and processes.
- Provide research as requested.
- Review tracking of recruitment to ensure the most productive advertising mediums are being utilized.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Develop all employee contracts for new staff or if a positional change occurs.
- Develop employee contracts for temporary foreign workers.
- Ensure ongoing knowledge of legislative requirements for hiring new staff including the hiring of foreign workers (e.g. Immigrant Nominee Program for temporary and permanent residents).
- Track employee turnover.
- Develop a wide variety of written materials in both manual and electronic formats (e.g. compliance reports, forms, procedures, brochures, pamphlets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Ensure all the required paperwork for resignations and terminations are completed including, paperwork for foreign workers, releases, severance payments, etc
- Plan, organize and attend recruitment fairs as requested.
- Plan and organize staff events and recreational activities.
- Keep job descriptions current.
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma as well as some post-secondary education.
- Experience as a Human Resources Clerk preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in HR required.
- Work experience in recruitment preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Demonstrated work knowledge of multiple human resource areas preferred.
- Basic research skills required.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent typing skills, including proper spelling and grammar.
- Presentation skills required.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Knowledge on employing foreign workers including extensive experience dealing with legislative requirements.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
Indeed - 23 months ago