Calgary's premier luxury hotel is looking for colleagues to join our Engineering team.
Hotel Overview: Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, and the recent completion of an extensive renovation project, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To respond to all calls given over the radio in a quick and orderly manner.
- To assist will all duties in the Engineering Department including all aspects of mechanical repairs, electrical work and painting.
- To assist the Maintenance Manager in day-to-day duties.
- Must be able to keep a detailed log book.
- Responsible for Fire Warden duties.
- Ongoing dedication to exceptional guest service, both to internal and external guests.
- To carry out all work in a safe manner, following all guidelines as outlined in The Fairmont Palliser’s Health & Safety Program.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Possession of 5th Class Power Engineer or Equivalent Ticket.
- Experience working in the Hospitality Industry is preferred.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Personable, self-motivated and have an ability to work independently.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be willing and able to perform duties of a physical nature- often required to push, pull and lift heavy items (greater than 20kg)
Rate of Pay:
With ticket - Start- $22.34/hr Full- $23.34/hr
No ticket – Start - $16.35/hr Full - $17.35/hr
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
The Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!