Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Support a skilled and engaged team as Stewarding Supervisor, where your care and inspection of all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment will ensure a superior standard.
Hotel Overview: Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horseback riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead and supervise the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Train all Kitchen Stewards
- Ensure the Kitchen Colleagues have the dishessilverware required and guests have clean dishes
- Review banquet event orders and ensure all set-ups and supplies are in place
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are taken out of circulation and inventoried
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent reaching up to 6 feet to store equipment
- Frequent lifting of equipment up to 50lbs
- Able to push and pull heavy equipment (up to 500lbs)
Starting rate of pay: $20.00 per hour
Subsidized staff accommodation is available
Benefits include: Dental, Vision, Medical and Supplemental Health
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Location: This position is located at 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!