In this role, you will be responsible for planning, directing and controlling all available resources to ensure timely, damage-free loading/unloading of freight. You will also be responsible for administrating company policies and procedures and have responsibility for grounds keeping duties. In addition, the individual in this role will be required to work in various weather conditions and work extended hours. This position requires physical and manual effort.
Duties and Responsbilities
- Supervising/coordinating workers engaged in loading and unloading railcars, vessels, and trucks.
- Hands on approach while supervising hourly unionized employees.
- Receive and inspect material/product.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Training new employees in essential job duties.
- Maintain high safety standards; ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and safety standards.
- Ensuring all work is performed according to company approved procedures, standards and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned to by the Terminal Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years transportation logistics, material handling and supervisory experience needed.
- Lead hand experience in construction or farming industry is an asset.
- Forklift and/or crane licenses.
- Reading comprehension (general & technical).
- Must be able to work seasonally outside.
- Must be able to work at varying heights.
- Strong oral/written communication: providing instruction, planning & organizing.
- Strong decision making & critical thinking skills.
Indeed - 14 months ago
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, directing and controlling all available resources to ensure timely, damage-free...