The Executive Director of the Epilepsy Association of Nova Scotia (EANS) is responsible for the overall administration, financial management and day-to-day activities of the Association. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and implement programs, fund raising and various activities in support of the agency mandate.
The Executive Director:
- Takes a leadership role in developing programs and policies in conjunction with the Board.
- Liaises with all committees and informs Board of all things relevant to EANS
- Oversees and coordinates fund raising initiatives, strives towards growing existing fund raising campaigns and researches alternate funding sources.
- Liaises with fund raising committee to determine volunteer requirements.
- Compiles statistics for the Dept of Health, writing grants and sourcing out different funding opportunities
- Supplies statistical information to the appropriate bodies.
- Responds promptly to information requests and counseling referrals.
- Administers and implements classroom educational presentations
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, prepares budgets and oversees all banking activities
- Ensures operating within EANS guidelines so staff and volunteers deliver programs and services currently provided by EANS.
- Experience in the not for profit sector with a knowledge of human resources, financial management and fund raising. Demonstrate strong leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, confidence, professionalism and empathy.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written. Ability to communicate among a diverse group of people
- Adequate computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Active interest in the EANS mandate and ability to move it forward.
- Ability to make decisions and defend those decisions
- Ability to interact with Board Members and volunteers. Responsive to feedback provided by Board Members.
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis situation.
- Knowledge of epilepsy an asset.
Full time position -
Salary : 35,000 per annum
Please apply by sending a covering letter and resume to the attention of Barb Young, Chair EANS HR Committee by July 11, 2014.
Indeed - 8 months ago