Since 1991, Environmental Factor has been pioneering natural lawn and garden solutions. From our leading beneficial nematodes for grub control, Grub Busters®, to our new Green it™ Corn Gluten Weed Preventers, we provide a complete range of organic lawn & garden products.
The company is looking for a lab technician. The candidate would be involved in the new product development, and also in the quality control procedure of our products. The skills required for the position are:
Position: Laboratory Technician – Environmental (Microbiology, Botany, Analytical Chemistry)
- Analytical mind
- Team player, honest and willing to learn and develop professional skills
- Advanced knowledge in chemistry, botany and microbiology (entomology and plant physiology is a bonus); Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Knowledge/showing interest in fertilizers and pesticides application, formulation efficiency and handling; laws and regulations pertaining to fertilizers and pesticides regulations in Canada and USA
- Enter data from microbiology, chemistry, botany, entomology analysis or quality tests results into computer for storage and further review.
- Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment. Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers or pH meters. Proficiency with lab equipment and procedures(pipettes, scales, lab glassware etc.; dilution, filtration, sterilization)
Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- Establish or monitor quality assurance programs or activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results
- Isolate and produce cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in soil and/or in vitro samples
Please respond by uploading your resume and cover letter to our website.
Indeed - 23 months ago