The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

productive for volley - ball
teacher of french language (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 22, 2016
every thing in the school is good except the curriculm
co- workers were very nice and helpful
the students were very naughty
club activities was nice for the students
Pros
free activities
Cons
Able to get the job done on time
Job Purpose, Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dubai AirportSeptember 20, 2016
Work environment and everything around within the airport premises was amazing your senior most supervisor are always very much cooperative in terms of whatever job you have been assigned for on a daily basis. Safety is one major role you have to keep yourself and others safe especially when your around an aircraft you have to be extra cautious. All over had an great experience working for such an organisation and really enjoyed my time with Emirates Group.
Pros
Food is just round the corner
Cons
Flexible timings
excellent
Senior Training Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  DUBAISeptember 19, 2016
Working in multicultural organization has improved atmosphere in learning new aspects in life , how to cope up with different situation etc, also challenging work atmosphere has brought out systematic and organized attitude
Pros
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL
Cons
PRIORITISING WORK
A day in the life of...
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 19, 2016
Work life begins at 7a.m and starts with checking of emails and attending to any urgent mails that need priority than other mails. Since I am an admin officer, my work comprises of assisting a Audit team of 60 staff, 4 VPs and SVP. which can be over bearing certain days, due to the hectic schedules for our Audit Managers.
What i have learned over the years is that time management is a must to manage work efficiently with minimum bumps, especially in a environment that's top heavy. Its also imp to be a good team player which helps us to understand our team members.Managing Co-workers who come from different backgrounds, cultures, grades is a challenge in itself, but i have understood that different people needs to be handled different to get better work relation results. The hardest & most needed in a hectic work place is having patience and maintaining a good attitude. The most enjoyable for me has able to work team leaders and understand the nature of work. Also good colleagues/friends who help through tough days.
Pros
department forums, travel benefits
Cons
admin roles tends to be stunted at times
Emirates flight catering one of large and multi national company .
DISPATCHING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportSeptember 17, 2016
its a great atmosphere work . i learned how to interactive with people and customer, and good on job training process to pick up work environment.and the most enjoyable part of job is for every achievement management appreciate.
nice workplace but a lot of time pressure.
Aircraft Appearance Team leader (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportSeptember 15, 2016
It is a very nice company to work with a good salary package plus excellent benifits. Under our department which is aircraft appearance, it is good department but pressure is very high specially with the time as every single minute counts.
Pros
short hours
Cons
always pressure
Highly Demanding
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part working as cabin crew is that I get to travel and see the world for free. Everyday you are working with a different team and having different customer profile which is sometimes challenging. I believe working with emirates taught me how to deal with many situations and how to be patient and calm. We are over 20,000 cabin crew, all come from different countries, backgrounds and skills which makes each one of us special.
My job taught me to maintain a good time management skills, be open and aware of everything happening around you.
Pros
travel, social engagement, benefits, free accommodation and transportation
Cons
working in odd hours, no holidays, maintaining physical fitness
Tough but Rewarding!
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 14, 2016
Great job with lots of benefits.I have a lot of fun meeting new people and colleagues each time I travel to a new destination. Very well looked after.
Menu Development & Menu presentation
Production Technical Assistant (Menu Planner) (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAESeptember 12, 2016
Work closely with Menu Development Chef and Kitchen cooks.
Preparing Menu Presentation,menu proposals,daily learning new dishes and cost details.
Meeting different types of airline clients.
Menu Costing and Airline menu master creation.
Multi nationalities co-workers.
Time frame is the most challenging part.
Flexible working hours.
Pros
Free lunches and Free airline tickets
Cons
One day week day off
Productive work enviornment
Production Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 8, 2016
A very well organized setup of aircraft maintenance in which excellent maintenance practiced for the enhanced safety standards of commercial aviation.
company takes care of employees
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 8, 2016
working at the contact center is great, friendly staff, come in and do what you have to do, no micromanaging, if you do your work you'll be fine! simple!
Pros
benefits, pay, work environment
Cons
better communication to other departments
Highly driven and result oriented
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  lagos, NigeriaSeptember 8, 2016
Emirates working environment is fun and highly result oriented, it is an environment which requires a lot of quality form staff.
There are so many applications to get accustomed to which are been utilized on a daily basis.
This i believe makes the environment dynamic, there is also a lot of diversity culturally. working tools provides you with the opportunity of working with people from various background.
It also helps you to be innovative in your daily job
Pros
free tickets
Cons
very busy, and long hours
A very challenging and productive Work Place
Senior Waiter (Former Employee) –  Airport Terminal !September 4, 2016
A typical day in Emirates Lounge is very busy on the mornings due to most of Emirates Flights are in the Morning. I have Learned and Experience a lot of things in Emirates which I will be very thankful for most specially for my supervisors and managers who are always there to give advice and support, and for my junior staff who are always there to give all of their 110%.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
24 hour operation
very busy environment and the food must sent before the time departure
Team Member (Former Employee) –  dubaiSeptember 3, 2016
staff must be responsible enough to prepare the food and to send it before the flight departure for each aircraft. tension and being stress at work must be expected
Pros
free accomodations and transportation
Cons
12 hours of working
Exciting
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Dubai (UAE)September 1, 2016
I had the opportunity to travel the world which was an experience of a lifetime. I had people of all nationalities on my flights and learned to be appreciative of peoples cultures. I had the confidence to communicate with politicians, international artists, royal families etc, who were customers on my flights without feeling intimidated. Traveling the world opened my world and eyes. I loved working crew from all over the world. The tiring part of the job was staying awake early hours of the morning, the jet lag and long hours.
Pros
Traveling the world
great experience, fun, challenge
airport services agent (Current Employee) –  dubai airport terminal 3August 29, 2016
working with emirates group is a great self experience dealing with people from all over the world learn a lot and getting excited each day by getting to know how each and every customer from different culture wants to be treated. its not an easy job each day if a different day you pass through many exams and training to get the great customer service and how to be a team leader it is exhausting but fun at the same time. and also you get the change to be a global person by traveling all over the word.
Pros
tickets discounts and special offers
Cons
long working hours and different shifts but a lot of day off
Wonderful place to work where you can wake up in a new country almost every week.
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 27, 2016
The training college is intense and hard work. The salary at the beginning is pretty small but once you start flying it becomes very decent especially when you are getting money for layovers.
The work on board can be quite challenging at times but for the most part it is fairly easy work with great colleagues from every part of the globe.
The 90% discounts on flights and discount everywhere in Dubai make it hard to leave as well.
Cargo Manager, North India (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiAugust 25, 2016
One of the most professional organisations in terms of work culture, systems, processes, people oriented and I am glad to be part of Emirates Group.
Fun and happy place to work
Flight Purser (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 24, 2016
My work day would begin with having briefings before the flights, getting to know each other and how we were going to work together to ensure customers leave the plane happy and come back for repeat business.
I learnt a great deal about working with people from 120 nationalities, varied age, different cultures and how to manage each of the 16 to 30 crew on my flights and ensuring all conflicts were solved well to ensure everyone involved was content.
Since both management and co workers came from different cultures, it was a good environment to learn about how different cultures did things.
The best part of the job was the travelling and seeing different places. On the other hand the most challenging pert of the job was the early morning departure flights, jet lag and the long flights.
Overall the company gave us a lot of opportunities for growth through periodic on the job training courses as well as online courses in management, leadership, customer service skills and safety.
People / Service Excellence / Financial Strength / Innovation / Safety
Senior Cargo Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 24, 2016
Emirates challenges you to recognise your potential and discover your future.
Customer Experience is the differentiator.
Pros
Cultural Diversity / Future Developements