The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Life is a journey so ride it!
Senior Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 17, 2015
"It is never too late to be what you might have been"-George Eliot

A typical day at work means punctuality, professional image and lots of PR.It has indeed been a rewarding journey with Emirates managing cross cultural teams however the hardest part of the job is the physically laborious tasks and erratic work schedule. Travelling to new destinations,understanding new cultures and meeting individuals of different backgrounds gives a different perspective of life as such. However, I am now ready to face another challenge in my career teamed with my wealth of experience and sound academic background . Hence, my job search begins with Indeed!
Lifestyle
Stewardess (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: medical aid, travel benefits, free accommodation
Cons: sleep deprivation
Working for Emirates Airline has been a very enjoyable experience as well as challenging, from my irregular working hours to working with different people everyday. I enjoyed the travelling and the benefits that Emirates provides their employees with. I learnt how to deal with customer dissatisfaction in a very positive way and how to work with all and any cultures.
Educational
Senior Waiter (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: low salary
EKFC is a good company. Very educational, kind co-worker and smart boss.
Living in Dubai
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 5, 2015
It was not what I expected at all, very hard to adapt to the extremely different way of life.
Project assessment daily interaction meeting.
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free transportation.
Cons: upgrade training.
* a daily follow up with contractor's update work activities and procurement delivery.
* learned confident and coordination with all project stakeholders.
* manage all contractors and sub-contractors for a day to day activities and identify the risks, cost impact, priorities, tender process, procurements and delivery.
* a multi national environment that very cooperative to every member of the team.
* the hard part of the job when contractors did not meet the required schedule and substitution is not available for immediate takeover.
* most enjoyable part of the job is when you can deliver a project in a sound, within budget cost, as per design intent and specifications and client satisfaction.
fire&safety
safety officer (Current Employee), dubaiJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free
Cons: 8 hours
Safety for all work force
Safety for all passengers
Safety for all property
Safety for all material
Fun workplace with staff from different nationalities
Senior Accounts Executive (Current Employee), Accounts Payable DepartmentJanuary 4, 2015
Provide support to relevant finance section through generation of financial entries and invoices, perform basic level of receipting and payment function with reconciliation of clearing accounts which are maintained and controlled by the relevant finance section. Provide high level of administrative support within the section ensuring high quality and accurate services.
PLAYING VOLLEYBALL
NANNY/MAID (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 30, 2014
Pros: food allowance
Cons: 8hrs working daily
My job now is very fine because my boss is good and the kids is good also....

before i also try to work as a sales lady..

i enjoy working here because of my employeer is GODS FEARING.
Emirates group IT is great place to work with multicultular environment.
Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free air tickets with family, business class during duty travel
Cons: long waiting time for promotions.
Emirates group IT is great place to work with multicultural environment because in Emirates airline approximately 149 different nationalties working together. Hence, i got a great chance to expericen different peoples with different culture.
I learned how to handle a customer and how to deal with difficult and demanding customer, i travel in different countries for impleemnting our CRIS product which is the the product of managing loyalty programme in different industries. This product was build on .NET technolgy and during implementation of product in different airlines i got valuable expericne to work close to the busincess along with handling difficult situations during cutover of the applciation.
I got multicultural experience by travelling in different countries and got a chance to learn new technologies and software development methologies.
EXCESSIVE WORK LOAD WORK PLACE
"Maintenance Controller" (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 23, 2014
FURTHER GROWTH FOR EXPATRIATES UPTO CERTAIN GRADES ONLY, OVERLOADED WITH WORK & ALWAYS SHORTAGE OF MANPOWER.

NEPOTISM FOR PROMOTIONS ETC IS UNBEARABLE..
Good Experience
AIRSIDE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounted tickets
Responsible for managing the allocated resources (both staff and equipment) for the accurate processing, storage and Good communication ability, presentable and with effective negotiation skills
average
WAITRESS (Former Employee), DubaiDecember 14, 2014
Always happy while at work
every day is a new day to learn something new
Teamwork
fail to meet daily set targets
Happy with my workmates
Great work place with amazing opportunities to travel
Cabin Crew - Premium Class (Former Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 7, 2014
Pros: travel, salary, tickets, holiday and discounts in dubai
Cons: long hours, fatigue, jet lagged for 365 days and away from family
It is a great experience to work with world famous international Airline. Huge brand, big name and big population.
A cosmopolitan company to work for, with 170 nationalities working together.
Great opportunity to travel around the globe with good perks.
Medical and security benefits are plus.
Facilities for family members make us feel home away from home.
Emirates is employee's employer.
Had the privilege to meet and work with people from around the world every shift.
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 4, 2014
- I'v learned to be a great problem solver with customers and crew
- Worked with different staff and onboard managers every flight, they all vary from the way they manage (but follow the basic outline of the company's standards)
-Working an irregular schedule is demanding; physically and mentally
-Traveling and meeting new people was great
Senior Cabin Crew, Emirates Airline, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 1, 2014
Attended all pre-flight briefings taking all flight details and noted down as well as provided for special requirements needed by any passengers like diabetic patients, passengers needing wheelchairs, or passengers with other disabilities.
§ Carefully carried out all pre-flight duties that included checking of safety equipment, cleanliness of the aircraft, and checking for all meals as well as inventory of all other items needed onboard for safe and comfortable flight of passengers.
§ Implemented all passenger safety procedures to aptly handle all potential hazards and accidents while avoiding all kinds of emergency situations.
§ Provided immediate first aid to all passengers as well and when needed.
§ Maintained and updated all documents and paper required before and after the flight.
Great cross-cultural workforce
Business Psychologist (Former Employee), Dubai, UAENovember 30, 2014
Pros: air travel benefits
Cons: should expand more in north america
Amazing company with high pressure work environment. A great learning platform for new, experienced and seasoned professionals.
Working with an international leading airline “Emirates”, one of the world’s largest air services providers
Human Resource Specialist Lead (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.E.November 28, 2014
Pros: ticket benefit, enjoyed travelling!
Cons: nil
I have worked with Emirates Airlines for over 15 years and I was one of the few employees who were given the opportunity to be rotated to three different yet challenging departments in my most recent job role with the Human Resources department.

The day usually started with reviewing if the job responsibilities assigned to the team were going on schedule, as time management was crucial. I learned that keeping a task pending till the next day was not always the best decision as the next day came with a new set of tasks and responsibilities.

Management thankfully always trusted their employees to complete the task as per the company Service Level Agreement (SLAs), however, spot check were done regularly. There was harmony between most co-workers because of the rapport they shared as everyone was on the same page. If a co-worker was not aware of the current situation, a team member would always bring the co-worker on board.

It was mostly a challenge to meet new system or system enhancement deadlines as regression User acceptance testing would consume most of the time during the day, and it was to be done in addition to our daily task and responsibilities.

The job rotation was exciting as it helped me challenge myself to excel in each role I was assigned to. In addition, meeting with different nationalities helped me learn and understand different cultures.
A Challenging Environment
Ramp Operations Team Leader (Former Employee), DubaiNovember 22, 2014
Pros: wide-body jets, quick turnaround, airbus a380 experience, b777-300/er experience
Cons: short of manpower, huge airport
I can say this was the most challenging job for me considering a fleet of more than 200 wide body aircraft.
environmentally safe, with fine management.
teacher/ assistant year 2010 (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: management
The work at school is Simple, but its always challenging to win over small kids , Yet fun once you gain their attention . The management is cooperative, the co-workers were friendly . The hardest part of the job was being strict with kids and in interacting with the higher management for certain self actuallization needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with kids.
100 + Cultures within Organization
Project Manager (Current Employee), DubaiNovember 20, 2014
Pros: people
I very much enjoyed my time with Emirates; the different cultures provided me with great experiences.
I was able to mentor and lead several junior and senior project managers. Along with mentoring, I also created and facilitated project management and leadership classes to those individuals.
The most difficult part of the job was having 4 different offices within the Dubai metro area, much of time was spent traveling between offices on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group has spread its wings into every aspect of travel and tourism to become a leading global corporation in its – Read more

The Emirates Group Photos