The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

wonderful experience with much to learn everyday
airport service agent (Current Employee) –  muscat18 February 2017
going through the operations plans with the regular admin work is a typical day at work.

there are lots of interpersonal skill iv gained from working at the airport but the most valuable skill iv learns is how to be calm regardless how bad the situation is.

the hardest part of the job when we come across a passenger with a problem and we are not able to help them out.

getting a thank you from a passenger or the management.
Productive and happy to meet lots of people
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Dubai Free Zone9 January 2017
When i was working in emirates group i can say that a typical day at my work is always same everyday as i know already what i am going to do and there is a time what time will receive the delivery and what time the customers will come, i learned a lot of things to talk to customer in a proper way, management i can say that its good but its not enough for me as a employee, co-workers its easy to be with them as most of the staff is my countrymen, the hardest part of our job is to receive a angry customer as its not my fault but we need to face it and solve the problem, enjoyable part of our job is waiting for the customers to take their items with smile because they are happy for our service.
Cons
Long Hours
Multinational global company with great opportunities
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, UK8 February 2017
I was given an opportunity to build my career with the company and gained valuable experience. I have worked with people from over 140 nationalities and traveled to different parts of the world as a recruiter. I have also completed many in-house trainings and development workshops. It has been a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment but one I enjoyed working in.
Team player, flexible
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai Airport1 January 2017
A typical day of work is every Sunday as the first day of work. I learned in Emirates group with their high standard in terms of staff training and health and safety procedures. The management are good and helpful for all the staff. Since my co-workers are multi nationals you can adopt some culture they have and traditions. The hardest part of my job is dealing with diffirent launguages but I do cope up by asking question rathen than making demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is to accomplish or meet your targets with the team mates in work.
excellent organisation to work with
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dubai2 February 2017
The best company i ever worked with.
Best work culture, salary and benefits on time. Highly professional management.
Employee friendly atmosphere with state of the art facilities and technilogies to assist with.
world wide travel benefits with Emirates.
5 star rated organisation with multi cultural diversity with out any racism and partialities.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
shift duty
Auditor
Compliance and Risk Auditor - Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai Airport27 December 2016
I managed my own schedule and diary. I always review the Daily Sales Record and browse my email. I am reviewing the random store transactions. I then go to different store to conduct a Cash Spot Check. Within a week, I am visiting stores to conduct either CCTV Review or Compliance Risk Audit. Every Thursday, I am counter checking the inventory of random stores. I am scheduling my self in different shift as well. I do conduct coaching and training session from time to time and have a monthly meeting with Operations Manager.
Pros
I schedule my own diary
Cons
Tiring as I can only walk to visit store by store
A great company to work with
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Dubai25 January 2017
Getting the chance to meet new people, explore new cultures and places. Gained valuable experience travelling around the world and understanding culture differences. The hardest part of the job would be working at odd hours and coping with jet lag constantly. However, this job increase your understanding of the world and broaden up your mind.
Pros
tax-free salary, accommodation provided
Cons
odd working hours
Cosmopolitan
Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai Airport4 January 2017
Being an Aviation industry, the work load comes with constant pressure with time limits. Hence it pushes an individuals skills and adaptability to the max.
As a result, you learn and you become a stronger individual.
The other best part is you meet people from every corner of the world and learn about their culture and experiences.

A place worthy to start your career.
Pros
cheap tickets
Cons
long hours, night shifts and holidays at work
fun workplace and everyday challenge
supervisor airport services (Current Employee) –  Dubai Airport24 January 2017
a typical day at work getting handover from previous shift with any pending cases then plan for the day by scanning the flights and making sure the manpower is sufficient by coordination with other area to cross utilize if needed while handling customers issues the day go on by making sure they are satisfied as that what they expect from a big company like emirates.
Accounts Payable
Cabin Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai16 January 2017
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. To provide financial and administrative support in order to ensure that invoices are processed for payment in accordance with Council Procedures. Assisting with the implementation of EBP”Enterprise Buyer Professional
job is good but salary is not enough for my family
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubai Airport28 December 2016
having a same work everyday is so very easy how to handle all things and how to deal with it.working with the management and co workers everyday you know already what they like and donts so dont do what they dont like and do what they want.the hardest part of the job for me is that when i feel so hungry and they cannot release me because lots of work and you need to wait for your coworkers to change you in your location after there breaktime then you can go for breaks.enjoyable part is when im working with my friends specially if with my same filipinos because in our department we are only few.

i enjoy and i learned a lot but i want a little bet higher salary because im the eldest and im supporting my family
Pros
salary
Catering the Emirates Airlines
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubai Airport12 December 2016
The company is good. I learned different jobs and ideas of fields.All employees are have a teamwork to finish the assignments. The management is always securing the staffs for the safety. All job is not easy and you need focused to the job to make it successful. I enjoy in my former work during critical time of working that you can make it fast and to proceed to another assignments.
Pros
Free Accommodation
Cons
Working for any shift
amazing place to work its so diverse
Crew/Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AE23 January 2017
working for Emirates was one of my favourite experiences ever i got the chance to travel around the world and meet amazing people from all over the world learned a lot from the different cultures and their traditions.
the management was always great always striving to hep us and support us to be better and better
workplace culture is very diverse as an airline we got to work with people from all over the world all walks of life our mutual understandings would come from the different experiences we have shared while flying
the hours of flying were hard for me
when we land in a new destination that i have never been before
and the relations we make with the crew as well as the passengers
Pros
rent free, tax free, free transportation.
Cons
long hours and missing home
Fast paced, energetic and very forward thinking
Trainer and Assessor (Former Employee) –  Dubai8 December 2016
Best company I have ever worked for! I dont expect hat any job I have again will measure up n terms of professionalism, environment, world class training facilies etc. wish I could have stayed on as a part time contract once having children, or that the maternity leave was longer than three months. Its my greatest regret that I left Emirates, however I chose to put my family first as I wanted to spend more time with them.
Pros
wonderful career opportunities
Cons
too short maternity leave, no part time poles available
Excellent place to work and excellent benefits
Executive Secretary/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dubai12 January 2017
• Responsibilities included managing parts inventory using a just-in-time inventory system with international suppliers ensuring optimum inventory levels.
• Managed budget preparation and tender requests for the aircraft parts and materials.

Migrated to Canada had to resign June 1996.
Pros
Travel and Vacation Benefits
productive and professional workplace
Emirates Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Al Karama23 November 2016
I love my job as a cabin crew because it gives me great chances to travel and learn from different people from the world.
I have learnt about non-judgement about anyone, respect, teamwork, sympathy and patience at work.
My co-workers are from all different walls of the world.
The hardest part of the job is that we live in different time zones all the time.
The most enjoyable of the job is to see the whole world.
Pros
Free accommodation, allowances
Cons
working time
Worked in the customer service field for 7 years.
customer sales and service agent (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra17 November 2016
I Love assisting customers with their travel itinerary provide them with a right resolution . Learn to come across different cases what customers require help from a customer service agent.
I have learned a lot with regards to the travel industry with different types of training's , scoring a distinction where I got an appreciation of the Manager which definitely makes us feel motivated.

The most enjoyable part of our work is it has always taught me to learn something new and by getting appreciated for the work eventhough when we face a lot of pressure we always get a lot of support from the management.
Great company great experience.
Flight Purser (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates11 December 2016
Great time of learning. I worked in management. I did lead a team of 27 crew members on the flights to ensure an excellent customer service throughout the flight. I was accountable to management completing appraisals on staff and reporting flight summaries. I reported directly to the Captain onboard.
Pros
Tax free salary, cosmopolitan communjty
Cons
Long working hours
Working for Emirates as a flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dubai24 January 2017
At Emirates,day to day work is the most enjoyable due to working with different kinds of people of all races of life from different back grounds,races,religions.

Learn't to live and work with everyone.

Management of learn't people who work hard to meet company targets at the same time meet staff requirements for the smooth running of the business.

Hardest part can say has been in getting things done as i would want.For example felt bad when ever a passenger baggage would be left behind though later on get along as i understand the concept of the airlines commitment to customers of getting them onto their destinations on time.

I enjoyed the travel benefits to employees,visas to family and friends due to my employment with the Emirates group.
Pros
Travelling benefits
Cons
Shift work, long hours, poor health
Productive and very professional Management
Finance and Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania27 January 2017
Very Professional environment and very systemic management system.

A lot of communication required with the department and other department and due to time differences and month end closing sometime becomes hectic other very well planned Management Information system.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Long Hours

4.2