The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Emirates is not an Airline you want to work for.
First Class Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 25, 2013
Pros: get paid to travel the world, promotions within the company (only because normal people quit after 3 years).
Cons: passengers!!! working conditions, management, job security, living in dubai
I was one of the first Cabin Crew (Flight Attendant) Americans working for EK in 2008 (there were less than 10 in the airline at the time). I joined for the travelling, and to save some money.

First things first, the passengers are DISGUSTING in economy class (most are from 3rd world countries, and are travelling to the United States after their Cousins, In-Laws, etc have gotten their Green Cards. They treat the crew like slaves (which is in their culture, apparently). The bathrooms are treated like personal showers, absolutely hideous (think of a "port-o-" at a music festival), and the Airline expects you to clean it with a smile on your face.

At Emirates, the customer is always right. Period. You get called into the office for a Customer Complaint Form on a flight from months ago, and get drilled by your manager about something that you won't even remember. The moment you make a mistake, or someone makes a serious complaint, you are forced to "resign". People are able to become Pursers (lead Flight Attendants) between 5-7 years, that would take a person in an American Airline over 20 years to do. That is because people don't last at Emirates. They can't handle Management, Passengers (only a problem at Emirates), and living away from home can be hard (for instance, New York to Dubai is a 14 hour flight. If your family is in another city than one that Emirates flies directly to, it can take 24 hours to fly home).

About the layovers (flights where you spend the night, or 3, at a city). The destinations are awesome for the most part (London, Paris, Hong Kong, all the places – more... you have always wanted to visit), the hotels they stay at are all really good (and you get discounts at the hotel). They give you cash in local currency when you check into the hotel, which is nice. But with the Hotel Discounts, that layover allowance had gone down considerably during my time at the Airline (used to be over $100usd per 24 hours, now its about $50-$75usd, which is terrible really).

Flight Benefits at Emirates are a joke. You are not allowed to fly as a passenger in Premium Cabins, unless you are a purser, yet at an Airline in the US, you can fly first class if there is space available. Imagine sitting next to one of Emirates' "typical" passenger for 17 hours from Dubai to LA! The food on board is disgusting as well.

About Dubai. If you are Cabin Crew, you are based in Dubai. And you live in Dubai in company provided accommodation. Its basically a College Dorm, with a roommate or two, probably from a country where our Passengers come from. It is an interesting city, I am sure you have seen numerous negative news reports on certain crimes/Financial Trouble/ETC...they are all true. When a woman (or 10 year old boy) is the victim of a "certain crime" in Dubai, there has to be 5 (five!) local "Emirati" male witnesses to the crime, otherwise the victim will be jailed for sex outside of marriage. The Local Emirati's are nice people, except when they drive a car. Expect them to get less than a foot from your bumper, flashing their lights for you to move over, when you are already doing over 80mph on the highway. I hated driving over there, I still can't believe I never got into a car accident in 5 and a half years of living in Dubai.

I may sound very negative about the Company, and I am. I worked at Emirates for 5 and a Half years. I worked in the First Class Cabin for the last year I was there. I hated the job, but I made lots of friends, and I got paid to travel the world. But I hate Emirates as a company, and I hated working for a company that I do not respect. – less
Intellectual and informative environment with highly professional associates
Aeronautical Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 11, 2013
Pros: over time benefits, travelling tickets
Cons: no career development, no increment & no bonus
Day at Work:

I start at 0700hrs every day from SUN-THURS. With a coffee in my hand I exchange greetings with all my colleagues in the office and then get interacted with the most favourite thing in my office, My PC.

I go through my inbox as swiftly as possible in order to respond a
query, or to follow up with an issue etc. Later, I forward all the AIP's (Aeronautical Information Publication, is a publication issued by the authority of a state containing aeronautical information) which was received on that particular day to Aeronautical Services Managers (ASM) and keep a record in a system.

AIP's which returns back to me after the verification I update them into the respective files, likewise I maintain the AIP library from about 100+ countries. Some countries have a web access to AIP in such cases I have to religiously keep a track on to their websites to find if there is any new publications or NOTAM (Notices To Air Men) published. If yes, then I have to inform it to all the performance engineers and AMS's.

On daily basis I change HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and NAV bags from the aircraft. I do an audit check for over flying invoices and claim for reimbursement if it was over charged. Lastly, i send Daily reports to my manager.

Learning & Co-workers:

Aviation for me use to consists of Pilot, Airports, Aircraft and check-in agents. I didn't have any idea about various departments in it until I joined Emirates. Today, I am a post graduate in the field of Aviation Management and hold a Flight Dispatcher’s Licence. All this interest that I had gained was just when I started extending – more... my services for Flight Operation at Emirates and of course the motivation i got from my management .

My co-worker have shown a remarkable brand of patience towards me, as I use to be on leave almost every month for 1 week to attend my MBA classes. Many use to amend their leave plans for me. Today, even i don’t miss an opportunity to help them in any ways, be it official or personal. we all understand each other and the best thing is we are available for each other all the time.

Hardest part of the job:

In the period of May - Sep of every year when you have to drive all over the airside in search of an aircraft to swap the NAV bag and HDD. In the super-hot condition carry a bag which weighs approx. 30kg and climb into the cockpit to swap the Nav bags and HDD. it takes everything from me.

Enjoyable part of the job:

All's well that ends well! Yes, every Thursday we all pitch in and treat ourselves for lunch. this is the moment i always look forward to every week. I enjoy my meal chatting with my colleague and manager and discuss about all the funny things that has happened over that week. – less
Organized, Motivated, Dedicated, Professionalism
SFS (Former Employee), Dubai, UAEFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free accommodation, free transport, free water and electricity, tax free salary
Cons: long, flexible working hours, you can never plan ahead.
I am goal driven, loyal and respectful. I am constantly seeking new challenges and always eager to learn. Over the past four years I've worked with 150 different nationalities and this has given me a good understanding of different cultures and the way people think. It has enabled me to form meaningful relationships and develop my people skills. I am a motivator and this reflect in the way I deal with my colleagues and Stakeholders, I believe in Professionalism but also the people side of business. The most enjoyable part of my job is to deal with crew from different backgrounds and making sure I managed them in optimizing their performances and at the same time having a personal touch in their lives. Through my Project Management skills I am able to see the big picture and this enabled me to manages all 18 crew on a daily basis, knowing what each and every one of them are doing.
In my role as SFS I’ve dealt with crew across various nationalities, professions and demographics.
My role was to analyse (oversee) the crew and to find ways to motivate and guide them to give a productive and professional service that would reflect Emirates standards.
I evaluated and produced reviews on the crew members that would develop and help them to better their performance and grow in the company. I was responsible for the safety and security of aircraft and customers, whilst being responsible for efficient and effective utilisation of all resources (limited) to ensure customers’ needs were met at all times.

I had to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company products and pass it on to the – more... customers. I interacted with colleagues from a variety of nationalities (150 vastly different nationalities from diverse work and cultural backgrounds) as well as customers, helping to create a positive and welcoming environment.
I’ve had the opportunity to take part in different project management courses which taught me how to organize and schedule projects efficiently and effectively, plan for resources and stay within a budget.

I am dedicated to my work and I believe you need to be proud of what you are doing. – less
Fun workplace
Cabin Crew Attendant (Current Employee), Dubai UAEMay 21, 2013
Pros: free accommodation, good salary.
Cons: different hours, shifts, being based in dubai.
Emirates have given me a great opportunity to grow and develop my customer care skills and also allowed me to learn basics of the Airline Industry.

I have to say I am truly enjoying the whole experience on a personal and professional level.
What is really different about my job is that there is no such a thing as a "typical day".
Everyday is different. Everyday I work with different people, nationalities and going to a different locations around the globe.

Big part of a daily routine is a contact with our customers. They all come from a different background bringing beauty and variety to the table.

Working with Emirates is being a part of the global workforce.

International work culture compromises the coming together of business people of different backgrounds and cultures to work towards a particular work goal.

Everyday I work with people of different nationalities, having their own expectations and cultural experiences.

It sometimes can be a little challenging, that is why it is important to exert some effort to respect the cultural differences and the countries traditions. The most important thing to remember is to never let their culture get in the way of our business, because all of us together have the same one goal - to deliver the best in-flight experience.

The hardes part of the job for myself personally is being based in Dubai, I truly miss trees and grass, the freshness of the air. It may sound silly, but having to live in a country that is based in the middle of dessert for me is the hardest thing I have to deal with.

Also life can get quite lonely, due – more... to the fact that we all work different hours and shifts sometimes are away for a week or two, it is hard to socialise with others and keep in touch with close ones.

For me being a part of a group is a very important thing in life, it is important also to keep the balance between professional and personal level of life.
And due to the nature of my job, it is really hard to maintain that balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling. I absolutely love to travel, meet people other cultures and enjoy getting to know all about each other.

There is so much to see, so much to experience. Different traditions,customs, music, food and personalities.

It feels like life is too short for it all.

So much to see out there! – less
HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.E.March 13, 2013
Pros: amazing discounts on flights, fantastic discounts at several venues on display of one's employee id
Cons: working with government related issues can be a tricky business
Dubai, is a city where lot of ethnic groups meet. The Emirates Group is a sheer example of the city itself, the group has employed more than 120 nationalities and all co-exist in harmony.

The average work day is for 8 hours and 30 minutes as stipulated in people's contract. Most days are really quick and end before they start, there is always lots of work to do regardless of what department one is in. The work and busy schedule is good and gives all employees challenges on a day to day basis and keeps one focused on work.

I learnt that the best way to do you job is to love it, if one does not love their job or take it with a little interest, then the job will always be under-performed.

The Management at top level is fantastic and have always come around in harsh times and have been more than supportive of it's main resource, i.e. the people, the economic recession affected all companies worldwide leading in a mass downsize and scared all over the world, however

Due to the fact that you have to work with a huge cultural and ethnic mix, your co-workers are often easier to work with as one tends to keep is strictly professional in order to respect each person's cultural values.

The hard part of the job is that one can get comfortable over a period of time and promotions seldom happen after a moment of growth, furthermore, as many GCC countries, the U.A.E. are focused and driven to promote their own citizens and hence prioritize candidates in terms of citizenship rather than merit, which can be discouraging many times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met, – more... the friends I made, and the lessons I've learnt in my tenure with them. – less
Working with Emirates Airlines provides us opportunities to expore the world
Cashier (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 1, 2012
Pros: discounted airline tickets
Cons: staff housing is too expensive
My typical day at work starts at the counter supporting the departure cashier in handing out duty free pouches and change of money to the assigned duty free operators for each flight. We also disburse crew allowances for some specific flights. When the morning rush is over, I then, transfer to the back-office. Here, I handle all the inflight credit card related issues which include billing of onboard upgrades and duty free sales.

Working with Emirates opened my mind about cultural diversity and how it affects people's behaviors. Because of this knowledge, I have learned to respect and understand the ways in which people might respond to different circumstances.

Emirates Airlines as a company is managed by able professionals who are also guided by a set of rules so that the company's core objectives will be met whether in the growth of business or by managing the staff. There is an open communication between the management and staff as the company provides a channel for the staff to voice out their concerns.

In Emirates, there is a mix of nationalities and culture as the employees come from all around the world. This kind of environment demands a high level of understanding and professionalism at work in order to maintain a harmonious working relationship.

I consider the beginning as the hardest part of the job. When you're new, everything is difficult, however when you get used to the job, things get easier.

The most enjoyable part of being with the company is being able to
meet people from different races and culture. The company also provides us an opportunity to explore – more... the world by providing us discounted airline tickets and flexibility in working days as we could avail of replacements from our colleagues to cover for us on the days when we're away. – less
My job description and more
Cabin crew member (Current Employee), Dubai UAEAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Allowances, Provided accommodation
Cons: Long flights and time managing challenge
My role as a cabin crew member is to provide excellent customer service to passengers while ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight.

Before I go to work I attend a pre-flight briefing, during which cabin crew are assigned their working positions for the flight. Crew are also informed of flight details, the schedule and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers, passengers in wheelchairs or the number of infants on board.

I carry out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment and security checks, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy, I also ensure that information in the seat pockets is up to date and that all meals, drinks and stock are on board.

I welcome passengers on board and directing them to their seats,
informing fliers of the aircraft safety procedures and ensuring that all hand luggage is securely stored away.

I check all seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off,
I serve meals and refreshments, I sell duty-free goods and advising passengers of any allowance restrictions in force at their destination.

I reassure passengers and ensure that they follow safety procedures correctly in emergency situations,giving first aid where necessary.

At the end of the flight I ensure passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and I check that there is no luggage left in the overhead lockers and no stowaways or suspicious items on board.

During the flight it is very important to be a good team player in order to act quickly and efficiently in a difficult situation.
 – more...

I would say that the hardest part of the work is managing your sleep and keep your health in good condition.

Enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, coming from different backgrounds with different personalities, but the most enjoyable part of my job is exploring new destinations and learn about different cultures all over the world. – less
Great opportunity to see the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 19, 2014
Pros: staff travel, 5 star hotel accommodations, great apartments, free transport to work
Cons: busy rosters.
A typical day at work included a safety briefing and a meet and greet of your fellow crew for your particular flight. Then pre-flight safety/security checks of the aircraft and pre-boarding set up of the passenger seats/amenities/food and beverages are completed. The next task is to welcome and seat customers/passengers onboard, ensuring all customers are greeted and happy and healthy to fly. Organisation of luggages and assistance to special needs customers is given, followed by safety checks before departure. After take-off, meal services are provided as per standards within each cabin - i.e. first class, business class and economy, with safety and security always top priority. Before descent the cabins are cleared of debris/rubbish and safety checks are completed before landing. Finally passengers are farewelled, the aircraft is again checked, cleaned, and galleys and bars are closed. The work day is not complete until the crew have signed out and headed home.

I've learned to be extremely organised and to manage my time effectively. To pay close attention to detail and to be calm and patient with upset customers. I've learned the ins and outs of customer service and conflict management, and that safety and Emirates standards of conduct are top priority.

In Emirates your co-workers hale from over 100 destinations in the world, holding different cultural values, languages, and backgrounds. Each flight you meet new crew, working with different people all the time.

The hardest part of the job is conflict management, as you have to overcome the hurdles of differentiating cultural – more... backgrounds and language barriers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and interesting people everyday and travelling to some of the most beautiful places in the world, immersing yourself in the cultures, food, and languages of the people. – less
Working in EKFC is very challenging and fun,you will meet different guest all over the globe,your communication skills will be develop.
waiter (Current Employee), Dubai, Al QouzMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free foods, free transportation, free accomodation, free vacation monthly increment
As a waiter we must be familiar with the logistics of the airport and remain up to date with changes or issues,we clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirement,we set tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair,we ensure stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, napkins or other, be they food or equipment.we take orders from customers and ensure these are placed on the computer correctly.we must be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items,we serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.we clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed,we ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.And in any case of guest complaints we report to the manager on duty.I have learned the value of being flexible in any areas of operation,even the guest is complaining you need to have presence of mind to fix the problem.Working with my co-workers is fun,its a multi cultural world so we need to be aware of each values and ethics for us to have a harmonious relationship.Its fun having new friends in different part of the world ,so its a nice opportunity to develop ones self.
Working at Marhaba Lounge as a Senior Waitress in Dubai International Airport-Terminal 3
Senior Waitress (Current Employee), Marhaba Lounge-Dubai Int Airport Terminal 3May 23, 2012
Typical Day at Work.

-Serving guest with drinks and food
-Replenishing food and drinks
-Rolling silverware
-Cleaning out drink machines eg coffee machine
-Taking food orders
-Recieving the food order in the lounge
-Making the inventory list at the end of the shift
-Filling the ice
-Cleaning the counters and tables
-Making sure that the guest is happy and satisfied

Things Learned.

-Interacing with guests
-Being responsible
-Multi tasking
-Cooperate with the supervisors and managers on duty
-Cooperate with my co-workers
-Handling and solving different issues
-Making decisions

Our management team is the best. It takes care of us a lot and respects us.Its also very supportive and the atmosphere is fun.I have learned to handle and solve issues from my supervisors and managers.Employees talent is also recognized and rewarded,this motivates us.

I love my co-workers because they are all self driven. I don't have to tell them to do something.We cooperate a lot to make our shift run smoothly and to make things easier for the next shift.Though we disagree sometimes,we know how to solve our differences and come to an agreement. We are always open to new ideas.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job.
The best thing about working in Marhaba Lounge is the variety of people i get to meet everyday who are traveling.They are from many different cultures and our customers are also very diverse.Everyone is so friendly.

Hardest Part of the job.
Physically its hard, you are on your feet and moving, briskly, for hours at a time. It takes a good memory,organization and concentration.
Emirates sounds great on the outside, but there is another story on the inside
Senior airport services agent (Former Employee), Dubai UAEOctober 2, 2015
Pros: discounted airline tickets
Cons: ground staff is too tired to feel happy
Shift work, shifts can be 12 hours and end at 10,12am.
Company is too big that someone would care about a particular person.
Vice president once said that there are thousands of applicants for each of you, so you may resign or leave, the company will not feel that.
Quite challenging career-wise growth, as managers tend to prefer same nationality workers when it comes to giving promotions.
Salary is very low in comparison with cost of life in UAE.
Different approach and less benefits to ground staff against cabin crew, which was quite upsetting as the work flow is tremendously high.
Very small difference salary-wise between positions. very big difference salary-wise on high positions which are practically impossible to achieve if one does not have friends or relatives in higher management.
Great possibility to travel around the world due to benefits of working in airline.
Staff in ground operations is too tired to feel happy.
Company takes great care of training the staff before sending to duty.
Company provided transportation to work place.
A lot of staff is leaving the company shortly after joining as only then they see the other side of Emirates. More staff is leaving in first 1 to 3 years.
I was stubborn on career growing within the company and reached next level, but never found a next step promotion, so i decided to grow my career in other place.
senior cabin crew, executive sales
Senior flight attendant (Former Employee), dubaiApril 24, 2012
As a cabin crew member well groomed I participate in the pre flight briefing
Meet the safety security and first aid requirements and fit to fly
Discuss the service flow, have the knowledge to promote the company products
On board the aircraft I check the safety equipments, conduct a thorough security check
And pass it on to the senior, establish the catering and beverages according to the menu
With the caterers, revise priorities to meet changing requirements, check the ovens are working
The toilets are replenished and cleaned, the magazines in the seat pocket are updated
Present at the door to welcome customers, escort elderly and children to their seats
Direct the customers to their seats ensure that all hand baggage are properly stowed
The hat racks are closed properly. conduct hot or cold towels to customers as required
Make a passenger announcement on behalf of the captain and the rest of the crew
After takeoff distribute the menus and conduct the service as per the company standards
In a long haul flight after the service, a round of drinks would be offered every twenty minutes
Monitor the cabin, answer the call bells, built rapport with customers by initiating conversations
Offer alternate solutions where appropriate, deal with difficult customers skillfully and appropriately
Take feedback from customers; ensure that the customer expectation and needs are met
Give first aid where necessary, check on the flight deck crew regularly, and feed them (hot coffee)
Complete paper work, voyage reports including any defected item on board
Present at the door to greet customers – more... when disembarking, final security check to the cabin
Collect head sets. – less
Working with an international leading airline “Emirates”, one of the world’s largest air services providers
Human Resource Specialist Lead (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.E.November 28, 2014
Pros: ticket benefit, enjoyed travelling!
Cons: nil
I have worked with Emirates Airlines for over 15 years and I was one of the few employees who were given the opportunity to be rotated to three different yet challenging departments in my most recent job role with the Human Resources department.

The day usually started with reviewing if the job responsibilities assigned to the team were going on schedule, as time management was crucial. I learned that keeping a task pending till the next day was not always the best decision as the next day came with a new set of tasks and responsibilities.

Management thankfully always trusted their employees to complete the task as per the company Service Level Agreement (SLAs), however, spot check were done regularly. There was harmony between most co-workers because of the rapport they shared as everyone was on the same page. If a co-worker was not aware of the current situation, a team member would always bring the co-worker on board.

It was mostly a challenge to meet new system or system enhancement deadlines as regression User acceptance testing would consume most of the time during the day, and it was to be done in addition to our daily task and responsibilities.

The job rotation was exciting as it helped me challenge myself to excel in each role I was assigned to. In addition, meeting with different nationalities helped me learn and understand different cultures.
Opportunities for self development in line with organization's goals.
Airline Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Dubai, UAEMay 15, 2013
Pros: travel benefits, job security and self development plans.
Cons: redundant job opportunities.
Supervising and managing a call centre, delegating work, monitoring inbound calls, problem shooting for escalated supervisory customer calls, working at the ticket issuing service desk and airport lounges, keeping employees and coworkers motivated and energetic were just some aspects of a typical work day.
With this i learned exceptional teamwork, responsible decision making, discipline, time management, problem solving & supervisory skills, excellent customer service in difficult situations, customer satisfaction and retention, self correspondence, flexibility and proficiency in any given challenge.
Management is of a large group, therefore comprised of various nationalities and so were considerate of all cultures, provided job security, self development training and excellent Human Resources department with efficient administration.
Co-workers were friendly, cooperative, assisting, competitive and challenging so i would do my best.
Being an airline company, i would say the most challenging was accepting and succeeding in any crisis, and being available at various times to accommodate shift work.
I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. I felt the leadership team was great as well. They knew all of their employees on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections.
The right starting point of my technical career life..........
Technician (Current Employee), dubaiMarch 31, 2013
Pros: free food, free accomodation
Emirates flight catering company is my first company.As a fresher i learned many things from there. My company make me a good professional employ,now i can overcome any stressed situation with cool and calm heart and i can easily find out solution for any problem.Since i am working in a automation field ,my day to day life is being related to electromechanical instruments,it gives me satisfaction because i reached a place which i desired.My co-workers are my masters,i learned many things from them,every one have something special to learn that also helps me to add more ideas to my mind.My colleagues are supportive and my best friends also.The hardest part of my job is the server breakdown, means we are doing maintenance of our automation system,which is run by the plc default proggramm.Sometimes the server get hang or stuck ,which we cannot troubleshoot.These type problem troubleshooted by the people from germany who installed these system.In these type of situations we are become totally helpless.So asper my view this is the most hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my life is i can learn many things,since i am basically from electronics and communication engineering,i was not that much aware of mechanical and electrical side of engineering.But now i am maintenance of both mechanical and electrical instruments,which make me confidence in electronics,mechanical and electrical area of engineering.
Innovative and inspiring
Product Development Manager, Commercial Products (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Global network and market intelligence I have gained, flight benefits, travel rewards, acquiring a multitude of new skill sets, inspiring growth of the company and leadership
Cons: Very large company, much opportunity to streamline and update efficiencies and processes, very top heavy management
A division like mine, although small, generates a significant number of passenger volume to Dubai, the airline hub. This has allowed for my managerial skills to cover many touch points of the business from understanding finance, legal, corporate communications etc and making the necessary decisions that best suit our department objectives in line with that of the airline strategic growth.
Dubai is incredibly diverse with a significant multi-cultural influence which teaches patience, different techniques in how to achieve the required results.
The hardest part of the job is the pace in which it takes to get things done. Emirates is a massive company with over 85,000 employees which makes for a lot of challenges in moving things forward and outside of the "norm".
The most enjoyable part is working with our global network sales staff. As I am responsible for the sales and passenger growth of the department, I get to explore market intricacies and influence how best we can achieve our desired results from these markets. It is very unique and rewarding to see the passion people have working for such a diverse company, all across the globe.
Think twice before applying!
Senior Flight Attendant (Current Employee), DubaiNovember 4, 2013
Pros: travelling
Cons: liste above
If you want to work like a slave and get taken advantage of then by all means apply but remember the following points about working for Emirates of which i have personal experience:
- they lie to you regarding your accommodation - your accommodation will most likely be a cheap apartment in the middle of the desert
- they lie to you regarding pay - although they tell you profit share & high salary is included - this is no longer the deal - profit share has been removed for all employees and salaries are withheld until promotion is completed (on average 6 months!)
- they work you like dogs - Emirates has been known to work its flight attendants more than any other airline often with a clear disregard for the safetly, health & wellbeing of its flight attendants
- there are no unions to protect you - unlike countries like Canada, US, UK where there are Unions that protect your rights as a flight attendant, in Dubai you have no rights! 0% So if you come across a problem or have difficulty there is no one to protect you or advocate on your behalf.
- Management is often biased, and favour certain employees over others.
- Management has no regard for its employees
- Only concerned about making a profit and will put its $$$ making and selfish ambitions over its employees.
Work and travel is the best part! Multicultural environment with amazing young people is also a plus
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), dubaiJuly 14, 2015
Pros: layovers in beautiful cities in 4 and 5 star hotels
Cons: long hours, shift work
working for Emirates as a cabin crew is a lot of fun but due to long hours and shift work it can be quite challenging. Every flight begins with a pre-flight briefing where all the crew gets together and discusses the expectations and gets special instructions for each flight. Crew is divided into groups based on their seniority within the company and each crew is given a team leader who, then, throughtout the flight observes your work, supports the team and leads it. On each flight, you are given a different set of crew that is very multicultural. After take-off, the goal is to serve passengers as fast as possible which can sometimes be challenging due to bad weather. Situations like these require a lot of prioritising, organisation skills, alertness, time management and most importantly, team work. Emirates is a large company with a lot of new crew which means that in a lot of the flights where one crew that is new to the job and needs co-workers support. That is where team spirit is shown the best, and, working in such environment shows you how helpful your colleagues are. The most difficult part is trying to stay awake and alert during long haul flights but the reward afterwards - a layover in beautiful destination with friends you have just met on the flight is the best!
Managing a part of performance
Cabin Crew Management - Attendance Specialist (Current Employee), Emirates HeadquartersMay 12, 2013
Pros: develop a lot of soft skills, as well a creative ideas to improve current processes
Cons: negative environement due to the nature of the role (handling sickness)
Because of the nature of the role (ensure support and care is given to some needed staff), I have to be very flexible yet displaying care and compassion. As a senior in the department, I act also as a mentor to my colleagues, who are junior. The role is also to ensure rules and policies are applied. Proposing new ideas to implement and giving suggestions to improve is part of our objectives, and is only possible by ensuring a good team work.
The hardest part of the job is to handle very sensitive cases throughout (severe sickness), with no real solution, but only support to offert. The most enjoyable has been the recognition for going the extra mile to make someone's day.
By creating the department and contributing to its improvement, it gave me the opportunity to understand business needs and requirements, a high degree of quality of service, with a deep sense of attention to details.

I am now ready to take a new turn in my career, sharing some new experiences, and applying my organizing skills for a more positve outcome.
Why flying?
First Class Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 13, 2015
Pros: international blend of staff, people from different culture
Cons: Fatigue from flying
I started working at Emirates Airlines for its international blend of staff and global view. As I have always taken a lot of interest in people and travelling, got to learn about different cultures and about how people of different cultures perceive the world. Today, having worked in Premium Cabins for more than 3 years, I specialise in appropriate handling and addressing of VIP clientele including, but not limited to, royal family members, celebrities, politicians, corporate executives and wealthy individuals from around the world. I understand, anticipate and deliver the highest level of service to all my customers by valuing all their requests in a timely manner and maintain their integrity and confidentiality with professionalism at all times. Since I have been exposed to how varied a culture might be, it became easier for me to interact with people from different backgrounds. The experiences I have gained from each of my flights helped me work in a dynamic and challenging environment. As a senior crew, I still lead by personal example, motivate colleagues and create the right team atmosphere to overcome conflicts and reach success together.
Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates