The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

Great for Traveling
Flight Attendant/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 19, 2016
It's definitely a great job to have if you love to travel and enjoy working with various new people all the time. I learned how to develop my patience and understanding of different cultures and situations. The management team is very understanding and always available if you ever feel the need to discuss any specific matter. The hardest part of the job is trying to adjust to different time zones and the effects it has on your health. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting beautiful cities all over the world and trying their amazing food.
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Jet lag
responsible, hard working, fast worket, flexible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  emirates Flight cateringJuly 18, 2016
Ensure standard routine procedure is being followed
Verify specification of each prepared ingredients is being meet before the process.
Ensure health and safety procedure is being followed.
Ensure good hygiene and food safety process is being followed.
Pros
workers
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportJuly 17, 2016
Working in Emirates Group is my pleasure because from there I've learned lot of things especially about flight catering industry. The company itself is doing all their best to improve the facilities and give satisfaction to their employees. They see to it that all employees will get their benefits and for those hard workers additional rewards. Although the work is not easy but everybody is cooperating and working hard to make the business a successful one.
Pros
free accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
12 hours duty
in this company working enviroment is outstanding.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 16, 2016
They give us lots of opportunity in this company and i feel proud to be a part of this company and staff facilities is awesome................
I enjoy interactive workplace and talking to multinational guest
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportJuly 14, 2016
Its nice to work in on the most luxury airport i the world because I have and opportunity to meet different type of people.
Pros
mostly provided with basis needs
Cons
no career growth because of the large number of staff
Great Co-Workers
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAEJuly 13, 2016
Compensation and benefits were quite good. Housing allowance is provided. Co-workers are friendly and eager to help each other.
My only complaint is the work schedule. You work 4 days on and 4 days off, but the shifts are 12 hours long and alter days and nights.
Pros
excellent company to work for
Cons
work/life balance
The most enjoyable part of my job
Cabin Supervisor - Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 13, 2016
As a cabin crew, I have operated as a senior flight stewardess looking after Y/C cabin and crew and / or J/C. My main was in F/C where I managed the service and ensured our customers had a very good experience if not excellent.
I am the kind of person who treated my customers the way I treat myself.
Safe workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 13, 2016
I learn to be a team leader and all the safety procedures at the work place. The most enjoyable part of the job is when i meet the expectations of the management and the customers
best woek place ever
canin crew (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 12, 2016
amazing I loved being a member of emirates family they know how to care about their employees and very motivation ambiance
Productive and fun with first and business class lounge
WAITER (Current Employee) –  Dubai International AirportJuly 11, 2016
There's a lot friendly people in work place and you can meet other nationality.
I learned a lot about how to build a connection with the passengers.
Its very reliable management if you need something regarding to your work.
My co-workers are very flexible team and reliable.
If some passengers complaining about the food.
When the guest or passengers experienced the happy moment of our service.
fun and enjoyable job
airport service agent (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 10, 2016
It was always a dream for me to work at an airport, and thank god the dream has came true. I really enjoy what I do, and I have learned the whole process of the travel, from the moment the passenger checks in at the counter to the boarding of the aircraft. My colleagues are awesome they come from different countries, for me I like to meet people from different cultures. The hardest part of the job is long walks from working station to the other working station, since Dubai airport is expanding we get to walk more. But, one other hand, the long walks are good exercise. The most enjoyable part of work is you get to meet people from all around the world.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
Professional, friendly work place.
In flight Stewardess (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 30, 2016
I loved flying, and being part of a cosmopolitan team. Our work atmosphere was always friendly and Emirates Airline takes really good care of us. Our day to day routine was primarily safety and taking care of our customer’s needs. We are trained to make others feel as if they have a second home at 30,000ft. above ground.

I am grateful for the memories and unique experiences that it brought me. I learned so much, it’s like I obtained a bachelor’s degree in human-related service, first aid, safety and security.
As far as I’m concerned, Emirates is a great airline. I had the opportunity to work in the office and to travel with unique and fantastic customers and fellow crew members.

There are many benefits to the job. I am lucky enough to cross the world and get to top up my tan in Rio. But the reality is that although I did experience these wonderful things, over the years, I was constantly so incredibly tired. With night flights and time differences to deal with, my body rarely recovered. It is because of this reason; I am seeking a stable routine job and lifestyle.
Pros
Travel, people, friendly work atmospere, great benefits
Cons
Night flights, Seeking work on ground.
A Typical Day at Work
Cabin Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dubai UAEJune 30, 2016
Of course there is no typical day for cabin crew. In fact there is one thing I can promise you - no two days are ever the same. There is no 9 to 5 here, and you’re never sure quite how your day will turn out!
These are the basic duties that I carry out on board.

- Pre-flight cabin checks for security, safety equipment and meals
- Boarding passengers and storing luggage
- Safety demonstration, prepare cabin for take off
- In-flight service of meals and refreshments
- Duty Free service
- Announcements
- First Aid
- Dealing with difficulties such as turbulence or difficult passengers
- Preparing for landing
- Disembark passengers
- Security check and clean cabin
- Finally, during all of these duties you have to be aware at all times of safety and security and your actions in case of an emergency situation.

As for working hours, there is no set number only in terms of the maximum hours you can work in a month, as per safety regulations. And as Cabin crew we work ‘shifts’ which can be any time of day or night and will include weekends and holidays such as Christmas and New Year.

These will be rostered 4-6 weeks in advance. A working day can be anything from 6 hours to 14 hours and maybe there and back (London-Barcelona-London) or a nightstop/layover where you may have time at the destination. There are also ‘standby’ days which may be at home or at the airport, where you may be called upon to do a flight at short notice.

Being said , I Love the fact that I'm a Cabin Crew and I LOVE my job, of exploring the world, need ideas , meet people from
  more... different cultures. Yes it does get tuff some times , and you away from family, but its still the best.  less
Pros
Travelling the world
Cons
Short time of Layovers
Very interesting to work with airline industry
fare auditor , (Former Employee) –  dubaiJune 27, 2016
Nice workplace,,, meeting a lot of people from different countries and cultures.

made lot of friends at work place.

Productive and fun workplace with a large dining area and games.

My passion was working with airline industry.
Pros
lots of lunch parties to destress our day.
Cons
long hours of work, kept me away with my family.
the emirates airline
first officer b777 (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 26, 2016
i worked in emirates airline as a first officer since 2010 . its an excellent and well organised company and the job security is perfect . its just got too busy recently
Pros
well organised
Cons
work load is very high
Nice environment,
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 24, 2016
Hard working job, needs attention to detail and constantly thinking about safety. Tough sleeping hours and adjustment to different time zones. Working with people from all around the world while getting to know it. Rewarding you with once in a lifetime opportunities.
My Roles
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 24, 2016
As a software engineer at Accenture, I created the end to end reporting framework for the Retail firm Kohls. I created lots of reports, documents and dashboards for store inventory using MicroStrategy. I was also involved in the data modeling and warehousing of store inventory
Resource Planning & Allocation Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportJune 21, 2016
Most challenging and responsible job to do in the shift because of working in real time operations.I have learned so many things how to manage a team and lead and motivate a team.

Management is supportive and well listeners in nature and co workers too.

The hardest part of the job is working in a seat for full shift as i need to sit in front of computer to monitor the flight operations always.

Most enjoyable part of the job is time management and priority authority in planning.
Pros
Decision making
Cons
Seated Job Always
Great Place to Work
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  MumbaiJune 19, 2016
Emirates was a dream Job for me, I met fantastic people with whom I share a great rapport until now. It taught me a lot of new things professionally which i wasn't aware about earlier.
challenging and very motivating organisation
Customer Services Representative (Ground Hostess) (Current Employee) –  Dubai AirportJune 19, 2016
Conducive working environment,not forgetting esteemed colleagues making work more easier due to team work spirit hence,boosting the performance because of good motivation.A bit challenging task because the main goal is to satisfy all our customers by making sure they all leave contented whatsoever the case but still,feel good as a customer service provider at the end.