The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

job is good but salary is not enough for my family
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubai Airport28 December 2016
having a same work everyday is so very easy how to handle all things and how to deal with it.working with the management and co workers everyday you know already what they like and donts so dont do what they dont like and do what they want.the hardest part of the job for me is that when i feel so hungry and they cannot release me because lots of work and you need to wait for your coworkers to change you in your location after there breaktime then you can go for breaks.enjoyable part is when im working with my friends specially if with my same filipinos because in our department we are only few.

i enjoy and i learned a lot but i want a little bet higher salary because im the eldest and im supporting my family
Pros
salary
A day in the life of...
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubai19 September 2016
Work life begins at 7a.m and starts with checking of emails and attending to any urgent mails that need priority than other mails. Since I am an admin officer, my work comprises of assisting a Audit team of 60 staff, 4 VPs and SVP. which can be over bearing certain days, due to the hectic schedules for our Audit Managers.
What i have learned over the years is that time management is a must to manage work efficiently with minimum bumps, especially in a environment that's top heavy. Its also imp to be a good team player which helps us to understand our team members.Managing Co-workers who come from different backgrounds, cultures, grades is a challenge in itself, but i have understood that different people needs to be handled different to get better work relation results. The hardest & most needed in a hectic work place is having patience and maintaining a good attitude. The most enjoyable for me has able to work team leaders and understand the nature of work. Also good colleagues/friends who help through tough days.
Pros
department forums, travel benefits
Cons
admin roles tends to be stunted at times
A review of my time at emirates group
Customer Service Agent (Airport Services) (Current Employee) –  Dubai Airport14 August 2016
At Emirates,day to day work is the most enjoyable due to working with different kinds of people of all races of life from different back grounds,races,religions.

Learn't to live and work with everyone.

Management of learn't people who work hard to meet company targets at the same time meet staff requirements for the smooth running of the business.

Hardest part can say has been in getting things done as i would want.For example felt bad when ever a passenger baggage would be left behind though later on get along as i understand the concept of the airlines commitment to customers of getting them onto their destinations on time.

I enjoyed the travel benefits to employees,visas to family and friends due to my employment with the Emirates group.
Pros
End of year parties, shift outings, travels
Cons
long hours, shift work sometimes white challenging.
Cosmopolitan
Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai Airport4 January 2017
Being an Aviation industry, the work load comes with constant pressure with time limits. Hence it pushes an individuals skills and adaptability to the max.
As a result, you learn and you become a stronger individual.
The other best part is you meet people from every corner of the world and learn about their culture and experiences.

A place worthy to start your career.
Pros
cheap tickets
Cons
long hours, night shifts and holidays at work
Big, respectful company that aims to create a positive work environment and conditions.
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Dubai7 January 2017
I never felt like I'm going to work, I enjoyed meeting new colleagues almost every flight, interacting with customers who each have unique stories and lifestyles. I think I learned a lot about people and their nature during this job due to the nature of its diverse nationalities and travelling, I also learned a lot about myself. I learned to manage time efficiently and effectively, work under extreme pressure and deal with highly stressful situations, ie; life or death situations.
I think the hardest part of the job is dealing with the physical strain it puts on your body as it's not light.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people on a regular basis, wether it's colleagues or customers.
Pros
Benefits, fun nature, free accommodation, free transport, discounted flight tickets, days off
Cons
Physical exhaustion, limited career growth
Productive and happy to meet lots of people
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Dubai Free Zone9 January 2017
When i was working in emirates group i can say that a typical day at my work is always same everyday as i know already what i am going to do and there is a time what time will receive the delivery and what time the customers will come, i learned a lot of things to talk to customer in a proper way, management i can say that its good but its not enough for me as a employee, co-workers its easy to be with them as most of the staff is my countrymen, the hardest part of our job is to receive a angry customer as its not my fault but we need to face it and solve the problem, enjoyable part of our job is waiting for the customers to take their items with smile because they are happy for our service.
Cons
Long Hours
Great employee benefits
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dubai6 December 2016
Excellent benefits and concessional travel
Competitive annual leave
Training
Limited career progression
Minimal Reward and recognition
Minimal salary increments
Job security
Pros
Working hours 07.00am to 3., 30pm (Family Friendly
Cons
Limited career progression, reward and recognition
Excellent Place to work
HR Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai16 January 2017
Excellent Place to work
Great opportunities and job satisfaction allowed for career growth and development
Matrix structure, diverse cultures
workforce over 6000 in EHGQ
benefits
Emirates Group
Senior Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai14 November 2016
A company with an excellent foundation for new joiners and, a company that consistently trains there team members irrespective of position. A wide multicultural team that you can learn from and understand different cultures. A team that worked together as one unit.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
career path
Team player, flexible
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai Airport1 January 2017
A typical day of work is every Sunday as the first day of work. I learned in Emirates group with their high standard in terms of staff training and health and safety procedures. The management are good and helpful for all the staff. Since my co-workers are multi nationals you can adopt some culture they have and traditions. The hardest part of my job is dealing with diffirent launguages but I do cope up by asking question rathen than making demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is to accomplish or meet your targets with the team mates in work.
Honour to be a part of renowned airline ..
Customer sales and service agent (Current Employee) –  Mumbai6 December 2016
I love the fact that I am currently working with the worlds one of the best airline . I started my career by joining an airline industry . when I joined air deccan as a ground staff as customer service agent it felt like my dream came true of being a part of an airline industry .. Gradually with kingfisher I was privileged to work with one of the posh airline and got to learn more about airport handling process ... I got promoted as a team leader where I learned to work in pressure and accept all challenging duties at check in counter and boarding gate.. And then finally I am with one of the worlds best airline emirates .. Its truely an honour .. It is just that I am working in a call centre and sometimes it becomes typical taking only calls ... I would like to come back to airport and would like to join as ground staff with a better growth in terms of salary and designation or would like to also take up a job as a cabin crew .. Looking forward to grow in my professional career with the help of indeed ..
Pros
Company transportation and salary
Cons
Monotonus by taking only calls
Highly Demanding
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Dubai14 September 2016
The most enjoyable part working as cabin crew is that I get to travel and see the world for free. Everyday you are working with a different team and having different customer profile which is sometimes challenging. I believe working with emirates taught me how to deal with many situations and how to be patient and calm. We are over 20,000 cabin crew, all come from different countries, backgrounds and skills which makes each one of us special.
My job taught me to maintain a good time management skills, be open and aware of everything happening around you.
Pros
travel, social engagement, benefits, free accommodation and transportation
Cons
working in odd hours, no holidays, maintaining physical fitness
A balance life working with the company
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee) –  Dubai26 October 2016
Working for 3 years in the company its been a great journey and full of new experience. I meet people from different cultures, new system and new challenges. Im very thankful to be part of the prestigious I am able to live a balance life between work and family. Working away from home means I need to sacrifice a lot to support the needs of my family and for my kids future.I am 100% dedicated to my job and Family is everything.
Pros
Flight Tickets
Cons
Lesser Salary, No educational subsidy for the kids
Fun and happy place to work
Flight Purser (Former Employee) –  Dubai24 August 2016
My work day would begin with having briefings before the flights, getting to know each other and how we were going to work together to ensure customers leave the plane happy and come back for repeat business.
I learnt a great deal about working with people from 120 nationalities, varied age, different cultures and how to manage each of the 16 to 30 crew on my flights and ensuring all conflicts were solved well to ensure everyone involved was content.
Since both management and co workers came from different cultures, it was a good environment to learn about how different cultures did things.
The best part of the job was the travelling and seeing different places. On the other hand the most challenging pert of the job was the early morning departure flights, jet lag and the long flights.
Overall the company gave us a lot of opportunities for growth through periodic on the job training courses as well as online courses in management, leadership, customer service skills and safety.
Exciting
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Dubai (UAE)1 September 2016
I had the opportunity to travel the world which was an experience of a lifetime. I had people of all nationalities on my flights and learned to be appreciative of peoples cultures. I had the confidence to communicate with politicians, international artists, royal families etc, who were customers on my flights without feeling intimidated. Traveling the world opened my world and eyes. I loved working crew from all over the world. The tiring part of the job was staying awake early hours of the morning, the jet lag and long hours.
Pros
Traveling the world
Cons
Great company great experience.
Flight Purser (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates11 December 2016
Great time of learning. I worked in management. I did lead a team of 27 crew members on the flights to ensure an excellent customer service throughout the flight. I was accountable to management completing appraisals on staff and reporting flight summaries. I reported directly to the Captain onboard.
Pros
Tax free salary, cosmopolitan communjty
Cons
Long working hours
fun and enjoyable job
airport service agent (Current Employee) –  Dubai10 July 2016
It was always a dream for me to work at an airport, and thank god the dream has came true. I really enjoy what I do, and I have learned the whole process of the travel, from the moment the passenger checks in at the counter to the boarding of the aircraft. My colleagues are awesome they come from different countries, for me I like to meet people from different cultures. The hardest part of the job is long walks from working station to the other working station, since Dubai airport is expanding we get to walk more. But, one other hand, the long walks are good exercise. The most enjoyable part of work is you get to meet people from all around the world.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
Good learning but career growth is stagnant
Senior Technical Engineer (STE/SSE) (Current Employee) –  Dubai11 January 2017
Overall good learning. Benefits are good. But career growth is stagnant.
If your plans are staying longer period with same company and not having exposure to different processes happening outside the market this place is good place.
Job safety is guaranteed unless you are very poor performer.
Good company with great perks
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai15 November 2016
As such the Emirates group is a great company to work for but the group's IT department (EGIT) needs substantial overhaul in-terms of management and HR policies. Most of the employees are low on morale and need to constantly motivate themselves on a daily basis.
Pay is good and the perks offered are great but that's about it!
Pros
Perks
Cons
Management culture
New experience in my life
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dubai18 October 2016
one of the nicest places i worked in the management really made their staff feel that they are home and this is a new family to them, learned patients and how to deal with multi cultures, theirs nothing hard in it except the flights that you get as turnarounds was so exhausting, most enjoyable part was traveling and discovering new places and meeting new people.

4.2