Operations Supervisor (Full Time)
The Edmonton Humane Society (EHS) is a non-profit charitable organization for the prevention of cruelty to animals. We are currently offering an excellent opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art animal shelter in the position of Operations Supervisor. This position will give you the opportunity to use your supervisory and leadership skills to enhance the day-to-day operational efficiency of the shelter.
The Operations Supervisor will work within a team of three and in partnership with key departments to find innovative solutions to problems and take a methodical approach to working in this fast-paced team environment,
- Oversee and direct the daily activities of the shelter operations
- Schedule and supervise all Operations staff members to ensure shelter procedures are adhered to
Motivate, lead and manage employees, while placing a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with outside animal welfare organizations, city and provincial agencies
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in animal welfare is a strong asset
- Experience in supervising a moderate to large number of staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with the public in difficult situations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other EHS departments and Operations Supervisors
- Ability to negotiate with others resulting in consensus
- Experience dealing with conflict in the workplace effectively
- Master at project management and time management, as demands are varied and numerous
- Must be able to multitask with ease and proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team
- General knowledge of all companion animals is an asset
Conditions of Work:
This work is subject to varying posts or assignments, weekend hours as well as a set schedule of day shifts and evening shifts. Exposure to animals or odors emanating from animals, exposure to potentially violent, unruly and sick, diseased and parasitic infested animals and infectious fluids and materials; and exposure to irate and/or aggressive individuals. Applicants must be physically fit as it requires moderate lifting of 25-50 pounds and periodically handling/moving of objects in excess of 50 pounds.
Wage: Starting wage of $17.00 per hour.
Hours: Rotating weekly shifts of 8-hours, between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:30 pm
Must be flexible, willing to work weekends & possible overtime.
Please visit www.edmontonhumanesociety.com for the complete posting and information on how to apply under About Us.
The Edmonton Humane Society appreciates and considers all resumes received but will only e contacting those applicants who have been selected for an interview.