This position will assist the shelter with daily administrative duties. Daily tasks include:
- Greeting the public, responding to phone and email inquiries
- Bookings for private euthanasia appointments
- Data entry, creation of letters and/or publications
- Organizing and coordinating office inventory
- Assisting other staff with administrative duties
- Ability to be empathetic and informative with difficult clientele
- Research related to Edmonton Humane Society business
- Regular office duties as assigned
- Non-profit experience is not required, but would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must have above average experience in MS office programs (applicants may be tested)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to work in an animal care environment
Wage: Starts at $13.00 per hour, dependent upon experience & qualifications
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, Saturday to Monday
Deadline: Competition will remain open until a candidate is found.
Conditions of Work:
This work is subject to mainly office assignment with some irregular hours. Applicants must be physically fit as it requires periodically handling/moving of objects within the shelter.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Through partnership and innovation, The Edmonton Humane Society (a registered charity) is committed to helping homeless and abused companion...