Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Event/ Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of over 150 Economic Club of Canada events per year. The Economic Club is an exciting, fast-paced environment requiring the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. The Economic Club of Canada is a national organization that brings together the most influential minds from across Canada to discuss the most pressing issues of the day.
- Superior knowledge and genuine interest in current affairs and politics
- Assist with sponsorship, research and speaker outreach
- Active involvement in all relevant marketing activities and the development of new event ideas to build the ECC brand
- Assisting with the coordinating of events, oversee set-up and teardown of events, coordinating guests lists, seating plans and A/V requirements
- Conduct research, make site visits, prepare run of shows for clients
- Working with the Director of Operations to follow detailed critical path for each event and ensuring consistent quality across all events.
- Maintaining a calendar of events and planning timelines to ensure that all elements are prepared in advance
- Working with the finance department to reconcile final accounting of each event.
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Other administrative responsibilities as required for the proper function and execution of events (Answering calls, taking and processing registrations, invoicing etc.)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a similar role
- Outstanding organizational skills and incredible attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve in real-time and adapt quickly to changing parameters or issues
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
- Must possess professionalism when dealing with a senior A-list clientele
- Collaborative team player with a positive "can do" attitude
- Eager, driven and highly motivated
- Looking to grow with an organization
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
- Looking for someone extremely creative with a “think outside the box” mentality
- Self-directed with the ability to work as part of an effective team
- Must be flexible and willing to travel and work outside of regular business hours on occasion
- Experience in public speaking an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting
"EVENT/ COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSTING' in the subject line.
Only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Since 2003 The Economic Club of Canada has earned a prestigious reputation as THE Podium of Record. Uniquely positioned as the only national...