Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Event/ Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of over 150 Economic Club of Canada events per year. The Economic Club is an exciting, fast-paced environment requiring the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. The Economic Club of Canada is a national organization that brings together the most influential minds from across Canada to discuss the most pressing issues of the day.
- Superior knowledge and genuine interest in current affairs and politics
- Assist with sponsorship, research and speaker outreach
- Active involvement in all relevant marketing activities and the development of new event ideas to build the ECC brand
- Assisting with the coordinating of events, oversee set-up and teardown of events, coordinating guests lists, seating plans and A/V requirements
- Conduct research, make site visits, prepare run of shows for clients
- Working with the Director of Operations to follow detailed critical path for each event and ensuring consistent quality across all events.
- Maintaining a calendar of events and planning timelines to ensure that all elements are prepared in advance
- Working with the finance department to reconcile final accounting of each event.
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Other administrative responsibilities as required for the proper function and execution of events (Answering calls, taking and processing registrations, invoicing etc.)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a similar role
- Outstanding organizational skills and incredible attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve in real-time and adapt quickly to changing parameters or issues
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
- Must possess professionalism when dealing with a senior A-list clientele
- Collaborative team player with a positive "can do" attitude
- Eager, driven and highly motivated
- Looking to grow with an organization
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
- Looking for someone extremely creative with a “think outside the box” mentality
- Self-directed with the ability to work as part of an effective team
- Must be flexible and willing to travel and work outside of regular business hours on occasion
- Experience in public speaking an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting
"EVENT/ COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSTING' in the subject line.
Only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Indeed - 2 years ago
Since 2003 The Economic Club of Canada has earned a prestigious reputation as THE Podium of Record. Uniquely positioned as the only national...