How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley Furniture HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied customers who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented employees. Our employees are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience. Our employees make the difference!
With 12 stores located in Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan we are proud to be one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for over 10 years making us an elite member of the Platinum club. As the #1 retailer in North America and a 50 Best Managed company we have demonstrated that we have a successful past and a solid future. Plan your future with us!
We are currently seeking a Warehouse and Delivery Assistant for our Saskatoon Distribution Centre located at 1502 Quebec Ave.
- Handles product in any or all sub-departments in the warehouse according to product floor procedures.
- Receiving: unload trailers, merchandise handling, unwrap and tag product and investigate variances
- Shipping: load trailers, merchandise handling and wrap product
- Deck review: product inspection, assembly and repair
- Pick Truck Operation: merchandise handling and product movement
- Special Needs Lane (SNL): store transfers, delivery returns, SNL investigations, inventory control & management and furniture inspections
- Assists with Customer pick-ups
- Safely and efficiently performs loading and unloading activities related to the Company’s delivery service
- Maintains routines needed to ensure the efficient operation of the vehicle
- Safely and efficiently drive the scheduled route, keeping to schedule and while providing exceptional customer service
- Delivers product to customer’s home following Company’s policies and procedures
- Assembles product in customer’s home when required
- Conducts all activities in a safe, courteous manner with every effort put forward to minimize damage to product and to the customers’ home
- Understands and follows all safe work practices and rules
- Completion of delivery paperwork/inventory control
- Mentors Swamper
- Ability to communicate with DCD (Delivery Completion Data) personnel upon completion of each delivery.
- Abide by all Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations as it pertains to commercial truck Drivers.
- High School Diploma preferred or in process of completion
- Previous warehouse experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions for use, directions and safety manuals
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Experience with hand tools an asset
- Must be able to read item numbers and product descriptions on delivery paperwork
- Perform simple written paperwork recording
- 6 months to 1 year of Delivery Driver experience
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core Competencies
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with clean Driver’s abstract, (with air a plus)
May also include:
- Lift truck certification or ability to take and pass company’s certified training
- Physically fit, able to lift and move objects up to 100 lbs
- Able to conduct physical work in warm and cold conditions
- Flexible schedule requirements including evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Operates various equipment (dock levellers, hand trucks, cardboard baler and reach truck etc)
- Good verbal communication skills
- Criminal Record Check required
- Current driver’s abstract must be provided
Ashley is committed to investing in our employees through world class training programs and a great work environment that solidify our position as an employer of choice. What do we offer?
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
Your Future Starts Here!
Please apply online at http://www.ashleycareers.ca