We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group is a one of Canada’s largest independent and most dynamic home furnishing retailers. In 26 years, we’ve grown from our first location in Kenora, Ontario to an international retailer overseeing six brands and over 140 storefronts thanks to the passion, dedication and talent of our people.
TDG is proud to have received the Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies recognition 13 consecutive times, including seven as a platinum member and to be a strong partner in our local communities through our various charitable initiatives.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Accounts Payable for our Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way, Winnipeg MB.
Ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable functions to ensure the efficient and timely payment of all invoices.
- Responsible for the activities, scheduling and work assignments for the Accounts payable staff, including performance evaluation, training, and counselling.
- Maintain current practices and procedures and administer changes where needed.
- Create and maintain an environment that supports creative and innovative ways for employees to perform tasks or analyze present tasks.
- Direct subordinates to ensure timely and accurate process of accounting department.
- Review incoming accounts payable items for correct account classification.
- Review prepared vouchers for correctness and compliance with standard operating procedures prior to submitting for authorized signatures.
- Maintain detail ledgers and control over Company expenditures.
- Reconcile GL accounts and sub-ledgers as assigned
- Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or combination of related education & experience.
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office products (Excel and Word)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to learn in house software
- Must have excellent English communication skills, fluency in a second language is an asset
- Criminal Record Check required
Dufresne is committed to investing in our employees through world class training programs and a great work environment that solidify our position as an employer of choice. What do we offer?
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
The Dufresne “Better Experience” is for everyone. Our customers, our employees – what about you?
Please apply online at http://www.dufresne.ca/careers/list