We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
Dufresne Furniture and Appliances has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For 25 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.
With 11 stores in Ontario and Manitoba and plans for growth and expansion, Dufresne continues to place a high value on respect and integrity with our customers, our employees and our suppliers. Passionately focused on our customers, hard working and results oriented, we are proud to be one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” for over 10 years making us a an elite member of the Platinum club.
We are currently looking for a Manager in Training (MIT) candidate for our Winnipeg market who will be based our of our Ellice location.
The Manager In Training (MIT) is a career building developmental position. MIT candidates will be required to contribute to assigned store performance through individual performance along with team performance. MIT candidates must successfully complete the intensive MIT curriculum in its entirety, meeting minimal acceptable standards of performance through clearly defined testing and evaluations. Upon successful completion, the MIT candidate will demonstrate the competencies required to assume the role of Store Manager.
- Meet or exceed individual sales targets throughout training period
- Complete all training activities as per MIT curriculum meeting minimal acceptable standards for performance
- Achieve performance targets for assigned teams
- Provide Sales management and Store management coverage during vacations and vacancies as required
- Conduct Initial Sales Training sessions as required
- Demonstrate the competencies defined in the Sales Manager and Store Manager position profiles
- Post secondary education
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Strong Self Manager
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle difficult and/or intense situations diplomatically and professionally
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products & ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Strong work ethic. Can and are willing to work a retail schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Sales and sales training experience is an asset
- Ability to build high performance teams and/or building strong work relationships is an asset
- Must be able to travel for training periods
- Must be willing to re-locate to available store
- Criminal Record Check required
Dufresne is committed to investing in our employees through world class training programs and a great work environment that solidify our position as an employer of choice. What do we offer?
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
The Dufresne “Better Experience” is for everyone. Our customers, our employees – what about you?
Please apply online at https://www.dufresne.ca/careers/list