Manager, Financial Planning and Development
The Dufresne Group has a great new opportunity for a dynamic financial planning and development team member.
Responsibilities of the job:
- Prepare, analyze and communicate growth models for future acquisitions
- Assist in preparation of Company consolidated budget business plans and financial evaluations.
- Participate and/or lead the negotiation process of business acquisitions.
- Perform analytical procedures on the Company’s operational performance of existing business units.
- Manage financial modeling, analysis and due diligence on corporate acquisitions and divestitures; and assist in negotiation process
- Assist in preparation of investment recommendations for executive management
- Evaluate business plans and assess strategic and financial merits of internal and external investment opportunities; evaluate new product line opportunities
- Interact with financial institutions, accounting firms and lawyers
- Liaise with business operators on acquisition and divestiture operational matters
- Conduct industry research and analysis
- Assist in annual budget preparations by providing basic assumptions, budget formats, etc.
- Assist in researching and providing budget directives annually to include all basic assumptions for annual expense increases to all managers.
- Analyze activities of operating results, primarily financial performance of business units to highlight any major events or deviations.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and operations reports for management.
- Perform project analysis as required.
- Serve as a reference for and maintain files of information frequently requested by management.
- Manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines on a continual basis.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- 3 to 4 years’ experience providing financial analysis in a similar business environment for a mid to large organization
- University degree in Accounting or Finance required. CFA, CA, CGA or CMA designation or in the last stages of candidacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting, corporate finance, and statistics. This includes proven analytical skills
- Ability to travel to the USA without restrictions
- Strong self-management and communication skills
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Able to adapt presentations for all levels and work within a team environment
- Criminal Record Check required.
- Some travel will be involved
What we can offer to you:
- Internal training and professional development
- Educational assistance
- Discounts on retail products
- Health Benefits
- Having control over your own success
- Opportunities to grow and advance within our organization
- Being a part of an organization that is heavily involved in the community
We have a vision; to build the best home furnishing company in Canada. We are certainly on the right track and that is due to our great team. We are one of the largest independent regional furniture chains in Canada and hold our employees in high esteem, striving to ensure that The Dufresne Group is “the place to work.”
Indeed - 17 months ago