The Dow Chemical Company

The Dow Chemical Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job security, overall benefits. Micro managed and below average pay.
Process Operator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 26, 2013
Pros: excellent experience for new hires, lots of ot if wanted. great group of other operators.
Cons: below average pay. 10 years to reach top rate. pay for performance. micromanaged
Excellent place to obtain work experience and knowledge. Dow pays salaried and pay for performance. Thisis their way of short changing their employees. They want the best but pay below average and this pay for their performance, they feel is their way of rewarding employees. Most new hires last 1-2 years and go elsewhere. Workload various over different – more... operating areas and management refuse to correct problem. Understaffed and no work life balance. Pay difference range in salary is $40k of high and low within same pay scale and if you brown nose well expect to do well desipe your knowledge and qualifications. Management are p. Eng with good smarts but no people skills. They are always right. – less
Great plant, other operators are good, but management incompetent which doesn't help morale.
Operator (Current Employee), Fort SaskJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: good work schedule, good opportunities such as temporary assignments around the world if desired, good fellow operators
Cons: management poor, compensation just below area average
If management could get with the times and treat the operations staff better, than there wouldn't be a better place to work. Unfortunately their degrees don't automatically give them the required knowledge or training to be a "REAL" manager. Many empty promises to look into things that never materialize.

As far as plant goes, it is top notch.

– June 4, 2013

seems to be common trend, incompetent management!

Ethical, Employee friendly , work life balance
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 7, 2012
This company expects employees to deliver through innovative ideas.
working conditions
Field Coordinator (Former Employee), PrentissJune 27, 2012
Very good people to work with. Treated with respect..Culture they thrive for is second to none.
productive and fun place to work
Operator, Marine Terminal Operations (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: dangerous enviornment
Dow is a really good company and I enjoyed working there. my only complaint was the pay. Great leadership and excellent training
Good company to work for
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 21, 2014
Good experience with excellent safety programs.

Good training programs with good people.
A stepping stone for engineers
Senior Process Technician (Current Employee), Oyster Creek TxJuly 16, 2014
High management turnover, different messages through the layers of management
fun and friendly environment to work
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJuly 15, 2014
my co-workers are my homies, work together and hangout together after work. our wives hangout together as well. therefore, our discussions are all about work and this helped me to develop real quick in what I'm doing. the hardest part is the COLD weather.
Administrative Assistant-Technical
Administrative Assitant - Technical/Chemical (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: heavy work load - good attitudes and great co-workers
Cons: heavy work load - need to stay positive!
As previously noted, I worked in the Research Center of The Dow Chemical Company. My job, mainly, was to type research reports based upon the research being done in the lab which I was stationed. We also sent a lot of "communications" to people all over the world, including Africa. Often times, Management would hand over some report which needed to – more... get done "yesterday." I would usually get handed this report because I learned to type 120 wpm, including chemical equations with great accuracy. My co-workers were more than just that. They were my friends and family. Together we worked a lot of overtime and became the most productive research admin. assistants in the whole Center. I also was selected to work exclusively for a Sr. Research Manager due to my office skills. I loved working at Dow and usually came in early, and worked late, just like my co-workers. Management was very appreciative! – less
Ok pay with alot of ups and downs
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: vendors
Cons: spread thin
A lot of paperwork
some management are easy to work with and for
Work groups are treated separate (maintenance, operations, projects and contractors)
Made Epoxy adhesives
Mixer Operator (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good money and overtime
Cons: poor managment
Stage batches, add powders to mixers, perform alot of specialized task: had poor management, had to think of fly everyday, dealing with chemicals everyday, lots of overtime.
favorate place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Plaquimine, LaJuly 4, 2014
Worked with a tight nit crew that treated each other like family, safety was our first priority, I was able work in my preferred field of study, I trained very hard and was able to learn the process of Ethylene production, I learned how to assemble a crew and accomplish a task with teamwork and work unsupervised while performing a routine operations – more... task. I enjoyed working in with people in an environment that requires problem solving skills, and working shift work.
The hardest part of this job was leaving. – less
stable company
Various (Former Employee), MidlandJuly 2, 2014
stable company, some identity issues. Employees are great, managers are mostly good.
Productive and rewarding workplace.
BPS Information Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Business Processing ServicesJuly 1, 2014
I work for a contractor for the Dow Chemical Company. Dow is a positive environment to work in that encourages health, safety and work/life balance. My co-workers are great people and the hardest part of my job is that it is not permanent for The Dow Chemical Company. I enjoy the occasional opportunities for fun and especially the learning opportunities – more... from Global Leaders. – less
Great Employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 28, 2014
The flexibility at Dow is very good. Training and safety is a priority at Dow.
Very productive workplace with safety being of the utmost importance.
Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: job security, excellent safety record
Cons: rotating shift, unit i am in is shorthanded, overtime exceeds 35%, keeps me from my family to much, i also don't have very much of a chance to continue my education.
I have enjoyed working with the Dow Chemical Company. I have learned a great deal in my time there. I have gained confidence and have had the chance to be an empowered member of a good team. I feel that it would benefit me professionally to look to other opportunities where I can further my skills, knowledge, and have an opportunity to continue my education.
Rotating Shift Work
Packaging, Quality Inspection, Warehousing (Current Employee), Midland MichiganJune 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits package and 401k
Cons: rotating shift schedule
7 Midnight shifts in a row including weekends, 7 Day shifts in a row including weekends, 5 Afternoon shifts. The rotating schedule is a tough schedule when trying to balance family life with work life. This is the biggest negative aspect of my current career.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Business Environmental Technical Manager (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJune 17, 2014
Excellent work life balance. Good atmosphere with good co-workers. Location is something to consider.
lack of career advancement opertunities
Senior Process Operator (Current Employee), LouisianaJune 16, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the culture
Negative culture
Not many career advancements in for certain pay grades
Can make 6 digit salary within 5 years with sometimes endless but mandatory overtime
Fun Time
Volunteer (Former Employee), Midland, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: very fun
Cons: nothing
I handed out free balloons and had a blast just talking to people and watching the ball game with my family.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Dow Chemical Company

Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is – Read more

The Dow Chemical Company Photos