Our client, a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations requires a Project Engineer to join their team of professionals on a contract basis.
A Sr. Project Engineer with a minimum of 7 years experience is required to lead and manage a cross-functional team in design, development, and implementation into production of Aircraft Environmental Control System electronic products within specified constraints and resource limits. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing specific team efforts in support of the program cost, schedule and performance goals and is required to provide technical authority for the assigned program(s). Assignments will range from management of development projects to providing support to the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Engineering Support organization and Customer Support team.
- Overall technical coordination of design and development activities within the engineering functions to ensure that all customer requirements are addressed. Driving team execution to plan.
- Management of the program plan including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resource and risk management. Establish and maintain detailed technical plans, estimates and schedules. * Manage the product definition process from requirements definition through design, development, validation & verification, and introduction to production, using the IPDS methodology.
- Program tracking and reporting (non-recurring and hardware cost, schedule, and milestone accomplishments), using Project scheduling, reporting and financial management tools as appropriate.
- Focal point with all internal departments including Integrated Supply Chain, Quality, Contracts etc.
- Manage customer and supplier technical interaction.
- Leadership of customer design reviews, technical co-ordination meetings and in-house IPDS Engineering inputs with support from appropriate functional groups as required.
- Support proposal preparation for the growth of the ECS Controls Product group
- 7+ years engineering experience in an aerospace environment and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent. PEO eligibility.
- Program management knowledge including earned value reporting, and experience with computer-based scheduling and reporting tools.
- General knowledge and experience in an aerospace electronics and controls technologies, specifications & component characteristics. Environmental Control Systems knowledge and experience a strong asset. Solid understanding of and experience in aircraft systems and components.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills in a team environment.
- Discipline in defining and meeting customer & project requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer satisfaction with technical solutions and conduct of project assignments.
- Thinks strategically and plans for growth and technology development.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will fairly reflect the value brought to the organization. If you believe you are a strong fit and have the requirements to carry out the duties described above and are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please submit your resume
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Focused on three platforms for growth - packaging equipment, consulting, and corrugated equipment - Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc. has...