Our client, a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations requires a Principal Engineer with solid EMC design background Engineer to join their team of professionals on a contract basis.
Candidate is expected to perform preliminary/detailed EMC circuit and wiring design of commercial, military and space products.
- Optimize PBA placement & routing to meet EMC requirements for Emissions and Susceptibility.
- Perform on-site and off-site development test support, e.g. System EMC/Lightning Testing
- Generate EMC Control Plans and Qualification Test Plans, and review Qualification Test Procedures and Qualification Test Reports
- Participate in design reviews & New Product Development
- Interface with customers to solidify EMC requirements
- Support the multi-site EMC Design group (activities may include EMC support for projects based out of other locations)
- The individual will interact with other COE's across multiple locations and assist to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
The successful candidate will also have the following Key Success Factors:
- EMC Design, qualification and delivery of design and documentation of corrective actions for EMI shortfalls - on time and within budget.
- Conducts and coordinates a range of advanced EMC assignments including supporting EMC analyses , supporting EMC development testing, and supporting EMI Qualification testing
- Self motivated-able to work without constant supervision but also willing to work as part of the EMC Design team.
- BS Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years directly related experience in EMC design
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to plan your time and to multiplex between multiple projects with-in the same day
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional engineering design team
- Ability to function as a hands-on EMC technical consultant with the highest level of personal conduct
- Ability to effectively generate EMC Control Plan and design documentation, review qualification test procedures and reports
- Demonstrated analog and digital EMC experience in low/medium power conversion systems
- Experience in planning and in the Product Lifecycle Design process
- Experience in providing basis of estimates and other proposal inputs
- A security clearance is not required but is an asset
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering tools (such as PSPICE, LTSPICE, MathCAD, SwitcherCAD, etc.)
- Aerospace electrical power components design & integration experience is an asset
- Demonstrated awareness of EMC Standards such as MIL-STD 461 and RTCA-DO-160
- Experience in system integration, in developing of documentation, in verification/validation /troubleshooting skills, in design for EMC compliance
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will fairly reflect the value brought to the organization. If you believe you are a strong fit and have the requirements to carry out the duties described above and are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please submit your resume to
Indeed - 22 months ago
Focused on three platforms for growth - packaging equipment, consulting, and corrugated equipment - Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc. has...