Our client, a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations requires a Principal Engineer with solid EMC design background Engineer to join their team of professionals on a contract basis.
Candidate is expected to perform preliminary/detailed EMC circuit and wiring design of commercial, military and space products.
- Optimize PBA placement & routing to meet EMC requirements for Emissions and Susceptibility.
- Perform on-site and off-site development test support, e.g. System EMC/Lightning Testing
- Generate EMC Control Plans and Qualification Test Plans, and review Qualification Test Procedures and Qualification Test Reports
- Participate in design reviews & New Product Development
- Interface with customers to solidify EMC requirements
- Support the multi-site EMC Design group (activities may include EMC support for projects based out of other locations)
- The individual will interact with other COE's across multiple locations and assist to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
The successful candidate will also have the following Key Success Factors:
- EMC Design, qualification and delivery of design and documentation of corrective actions for EMI shortfalls - on time and within budget.
- Conducts and coordinates a range of advanced EMC assignments including supporting EMC analyses , supporting EMC development testing, and supporting EMI Qualification testing
- Self motivated-able to work without constant supervision but also willing to work as part of the EMC Design team.
- BS Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years directly related experience in EMC design
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to plan your time and to multiplex between multiple projects with-in the same day
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional engineering design team
- Ability to function as a hands-on EMC technical consultant with the highest level of personal conduct
- Ability to effectively generate EMC Control Plan and design documentation, review qualification test procedures and reports
- Demonstrated analog and digital EMC experience in low/medium power conversion systems
- Experience in planning and in the Product Lifecycle Design process
- Experience in providing basis of estimates and other proposal inputs
- A security clearance is not required but is an asset
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering tools (such as PSPICE, LTSPICE, MathCAD, SwitcherCAD, etc.)
- Aerospace electrical power components design & integration experience is an asset
- Demonstrated awareness of EMC Standards such as MIL-STD 461 and RTCA-DO-160
- Experience in system integration, in developing of documentation, in verification/validation /troubleshooting skills, in design for EMC compliance
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will fairly reflect the value brought to the organization. If you believe you are a strong fit and have the requirements to carry out the duties described above and are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please submit your resume to
Focused on three platforms for growth - packaging equipment, consulting, and corrugated equipment - Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc. has...