Our client, a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations requires a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team of professionals on a contract basis.
This position will work with design engineering on new product designs to ensure the product meets design to cost and design for manufacturability and testability targets prior to entry into full production and meets the required manufacturing level. The position also works closely with sourcing to ensure that suppliers are ready for production and tracks hardware through the build and change cycle until it is ready to hand-over to production. Additionally, the successful candidate will identify and track capital, develop manufacturing and capacity plans, prepare trade studies, plan and support development builds in the factory and at sub-tier suppliers, lead failure analysis and problem resolution teams, identify manufacturing risks and develop risk reduction plans.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and minimum of 2 years of experience in the manufacturing or project engineering field or in a related area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to prepare data and presentations and present to customers and management.
- Good leadership skills are required to influence and drive other functions to achieve results.
- Multi-tasking, organization and project management skills required.
- SAP skill set is an asset.
- Computer skills such as powerpoint, excel, access and scheduling tools required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will fairly reflect the value brought to the organization. If you believe you are a strong fit and have the requirements to carry out the duties described above and are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please submit your resume