Our client, an ICI General contractor specializing on commercial projects is seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join their team. This position is based out of the GTA and offers the ideal candidate a rewarding opportunity for growth.
The right candidate for the role will be handling the overall planning, coordination and control of various projects from its beginning stage to the completion process. The Job will require the following;
- Handling various small sized projects from conception to completion while overlooking the scheduling and budgeting requirements
- Providing direction and leadership to internal and external staff on a daily basis
- Ensuring that projects are profitable by working effectively with all members of the project team
- Enforce Health and Safety measurements on all employees on site
- Work closely with the site superintendent to meet and exceed project objectives
- Mentor and coach junior site personnel
- Ensure all work completed by own-forces, and sub-contractors are compliant with contract specifications, and drawings
- Other duties as they arise
Skills & Qualifications
- Post Secondary education in Engineering or Architectural discipline
- 5 to 8 years of construction manager/ Project Manager with experience handling small projects under $1 million
- Great negotiator with excellent communication and leadership skills combined with strong time management
- Exceptional management qualities with the ability to foresee problematic issues before they arise
- Gold Seal/ Leed Certification strongly desired
- Valid driver’s license required
Please forward your resume & cover letter. We thank all applicants but only those who qualify will be contacted.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating,...