The DATA Group of Companies Employee Reviews in Canada

No Motivation To Go To Work
Printing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2015
Other than enjoying the company of your co-workers, there are absolutely NO incentives within this company.
Until they are walked out the door with out notice, the only people making money are the one's at the top.
Most manager's are friendly and helpful enough but even they can't hide the stress of managing an under appreciated team. They do what they can for their staff but their hands are tied.
Pros
Large Group Of People To Make Friends With
Cons
No Appreciation, No Wage Increase. No Incentive.
Good Canadian Company.
Soccer - Vice President (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 16, 2015
A very well established organization that has many long-term, loyal employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing business relationships with my clients and working with the supporting people in our manufacturing facilities on a daily basis. Overall after 34 years, the timing was right for both myself and my company business to exercise my option for early retirement.
Pros
Commission oriented to make as much $$$ as possible.
Cons
None.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Engineers are treated really well at Indeed. They invest a lot in their employees, and give them lots of freedom and ownership of their products.

Compensation is the same as other tech companies like Facebook and Google. Work-life balance is good, we get free catered breakfast and lunch, you can choose your own hours, standing desks, ext.
Left for Roatan
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
It worked independently in Calgary with my Director and HR office in Edmonton. I was responsible for all the offices in Calgary, Banff and Lake Louise.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working independently
High stress, human resources is a disaster and management non existent
Management (Former Employee) –  brampton and MississaugaMay 10, 2015
I was employed here as a consultant and was unfairly railroaded by my executive leadership direct report; but they sure got their monies worth. you have people in management positions that couldn't train a monkey to eat bananas and are protected by their leadership team. I would be careful going to work for a company such as this and human resources is a joke.
Pros
Cons
everything
A large production company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 24, 2014
DATA Group is a large production environment. The company is a multi-divisional conglomerate.
stressful!
shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2014
Stressful environment. Truly a company that does not have their act together! Very disorganized with lack of proper training. Management promises backup and gives you none. Co-workers are not happy and you have to watch your back.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
alot
Unmotivating!
Call Centre (Current Employee) –  Richmond HillAugust 7, 2014
Lack of direction, but plenty micro management. Very high turn over rate. Great co-workers !
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Production
Production Line worker,helper (Former Employee) –  BBrampton,OntarioJune 23, 2014
I was a temp through an Employment Agency:Manpower_assigned to this client-I assisted the machine operaters in the Press Department doing the Jogging,Polywrapped the documents before putting into boxes then onto skids,labeling & made boxes-worked on Midnight shift back in 2001 of July until Aug.2,2002-really liked this job-met some nice people! I would go back if they called me-I went over there to ask the receptionist to fill out an application,years ago they were located on Shaftsbury Lane in Brampton,Ontario
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Good company
Print and Mail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2014
A good company to work for, good job security, management ok.
Only thing I am missing is more money or a raise that it is hard to get in this company.
Pros
fun time
Cons
very friendly people
Good environment
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2013
This job starts at 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
As a Shipper I have to do the data entry (all the details about the product that need to be shipped into the computer)
I've learned everything about the shipping system. It was my first time shipping and kind of like it now and I've found it fun.
I guess the hardest part of the job is to lift the boxes and the most enjoyable is to label them.
Cons
rate per hour is the minimum
productive and fun workplace
Bindery/Press Feeder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2013
learned the pros in the production side if bindery section, fun to work with the co-workers.
very stress company, unfare decisions
Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  not goodJune 6, 2012
Very bad management, unfair supervising
very stress people
not fare
Pros
no managements
Cons
no management

2.9