About the Job
At Dalton our goal is to apply the highest possible standard to every aspect of our work. Our objective is to consistently exceed our clients the expectations and build long-lasting relationships. What makes us successful, is our employees’ passion for building, their commitment to our vision, and their embodiment our values. We take pride in empowering our people, giving them the freedom to lead and drive our business. If you are a leader, enjoy unique and challenging projects, and a family oriented culture we would love you to join our team.
The on-site superintendent is responsible for successfully coordinating all site construction activities. This includes supervising all trade and field personnel and ensuring the highest quality of workmanship, while adhering to all legislated and company safety practices. You will work closely with your project manager to ensure that projects “Definition of Success” is met safely, on-time, on budget, according to contract specifications, drawings and scope of work.
We are currently looking for a Site Superintendent, who would be responsible for:
- Supervising and coordinating all construction activities to ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project quality standards and design requirements.
- Planning and coordinating overall construction management including design, budget and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects
- Determining manpower and material requirements, ensuring proper equipment and trade availability as required.
- Creating site specific safety plans and procedures to ensure a safe work environment throughout the jobsite, and adherence to all safety and record keeping requirements
- Leading project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team’s ongoing progression
- Assist with obtaining necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners.
- With the assistance of the senior team resolving potential project issues, work interferences or schedule difficulties.
To be considered for this position candidates should possess:
- 2 year college diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades
- Minimum of 5 years progressive construction related experience
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate project issues and identify solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft project, with an ability to visualize and create the project schedules critical path
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
Dalton offers industry competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefit package.
About The Dalton Company
Celebrating over 73 years of professional building services The Dalton Company Ltd. provides their clients with comfort and confidence throughout all phases of the building or renovation process. With their “Alternative Approach to Building” Dalton has reinvented building project management, putting the emphasis on aligning all stakeholders with the client’s purpose, vision and objectives for their building or renovation. Dalton specializes in the commercial and high-end residential sectors with a focus on academics, broadcast, community, corporate, cultural & heritage and private clubs. Some of their award-winning work includes Artscape Wychwood Barns, Toronto Botanical Garden, the National Ballet of Canada, Roy Thomson Hall, and the Granite Club. For More Information visit www.Daltonbuild.com
We would like to thank you for your interest in the position – please be advised that only qualified candidates will be. Dalton is an equal opportunity employer.